Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
No, they don't. But for the round he actually turns and runs he's still in range of what are effectively parting shots; and somehow has to defend against both missile and melee weapons while breaking contact and watching where he's going (which he can't). Now if he knows the effective range of the missile weapons somehow then he could try to game it; but either way he's pretty much assured of being hit at least twice.

Note: if he had actually run away for this entire round then he should be out of range at the start of the next; but then he would have found it really hard to mount active defenses against getting hit because he'd have been presenting his back to the enemy while they were attacking (and the two men aiming probably should have been given the option of trying a snap shot anyway). Since he did perforce stand and fight for this round, then he would pretty much have to be in range at the start of the next.

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 pm 
He's turning and running this round (and foregoing his usual attack on Felix in the process). Everyone can happily spend next round trying to take parting shots at him, of course (melee weapons may take a penalty).

Felix's acid weapon has a fairly obviously short range - he might be guessing with the tazers, but it's possible that he mostly just wants to get away from the acid sprayer, given what that stuff's doing to his regeneration.

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:59 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
ugh I can't believe I failed the roll to establish steady aim. I was gonna burn the rest of my fate points to ensure that he started feeling the effects from the tranqs.

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 11:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
What sorts of foliage do we have in the surroundings?

And how realistic are the illusions I can do? Real enough to trip over?

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:43 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
ugh I can't believe I failed the roll to establish steady aim. I was gonna burn the rest of my fate points to ensure that he started feeling the effects from the tranqs.

Feeling the effect of the tranqs mostly happens when he takes a Consequence from them.

Kajin wrote:
What sorts of foliage do we have in the surroundings?

The immediate surroundings are basically a pasture field that sometimes has cows in it; the cows themselves are not currently present. Foliage is minimal, but there's the occasional fence.

If Ghwerek turns right, he'll hit the road and shortly after that the forest - if Ghwerek turns left the ground will gradually get rockier and rockier. If you could see him, and if your guns were working, you'd have a dozen chances to shoot before he could reach either.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:38 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If Ghwerek manages to escape, can I spend my last fate point to say he runs through/over a patch of explosives that just so happened to have electric triggers and that go up with concussive rather than thermally generated force?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:09 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
It would probably work better if we posit that Felix threw in a few purely mechanical traps; punji stakes, spring loaded spikes, that sort of thing.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I think he'd be on the look out for those. If he thinks that the explosives are devices of fire he might be more willing to charge through them to make an effective escape.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:45 pm 
Sure, you can spend a FATE point to declare something like that. That would be treated as an attack using Felix's Weapons score - with his sidekick bonus because Theresa helped to set them up - against Ghwerek frantically using Fists to dodge.

Or you could spend a FATE point on his Overwhelming Greed aspect. Remind him that you still have the music player... and if he runs out of sight now then you can make sure that the music player is never found in working order again.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:16 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
That's assuming he doesn't spend a point to counter my compel, and I only have the one point left.

I think I can make it work though.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:23 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Last fate point to tag Ghwerek's Overwhelming Greed to make him stay.

Let's hope this works and I wasn't too dramatic, but Felix is kinda distraught at the moment so I couldn't not go overboard. If he counters would any of you be so kind as to counter his counter with more points?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:47 pm 
I'd class that as pretty much exactly the right amount of dramatic, personally. Also, just so that you can relax a bit, no, Ghwerek is not going to counter this.

He'd only counter it if he thought it would lead to his death.

...he still thinks he can take your entire group.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:50 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Are we waiting on Ghwerek or the party?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:12 am 
Not sure if Arkady or Roger want to try anything. (Such as, say, taking a deep breath, steadying their nerves, and waiting for Ghwerek to come back within taser range).

If they haven't tried anything by tomorrow evening, then Ghwerek will do his thing.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:27 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I'm curious. How did Ghwerek get an active defense against being attacked, which requires looking at your attackers in order to know what to do; and at the same time outrun two knights, which requires looking where you're going or you're going to faceplant? Those are rather dissimilar ways to be looking at the same time.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG