Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:17 am 
skincell wrote:
There was a statement in the reactions thread for Dec. 2nd that stated that Kira is the most deserving of imprisonment as a book.

The most recent sequence has Kira killing Tombsy.

I argue that we do not know enough about Kira and her relationships to make that statement. We know Tombsy is liked by Wilison; however, for all we know Kira/Tombsy could hate each other as co-workers.

Tombsy warns Kira away from Riff's dad which could be construed as him watching out for her. Have you ever had a co-worker/boss warn you off of something with mock "concern"?

Siphy killed her best friend given no reason. I would state that she is still the worse until we see more of Kira's arc.

Kira killing Tombsy makes me think that she is impulsive and lacks ethical boundaries. The impulsive part of her character reminds me of early Torg without his goofiness.

This sequence is also making feel like there might be a possibility that there is more to Kira, or she is not the third book. She is too decisive. She would enslave the book before it knew what was coming unless she has a change heart/situation like Siphy did which makes her a more emphatic character.

Edit: The possible mock concern from Tombsy assumes that everyone is familiar with the "Spec" idea that his daughter is with Riff's dad.

Since we already know that Kira killed Tombsy, I suppose today's reveal that she also was the one behind Wilcott's butler's 'suicide' is not a surprise.

What makes her scarier to me than the others is that she is both loving the 'love' of Farahn, but also still clearly trying to clear out a path to be with Wilcott - with the latest strip basically stating that she wanted to use the 'need' for another murder as an excuse to off Dr. Lorna.

And at this point, if Kira is NOT the 3rd book, then Pete is really using some major misdirection. (Not ruling that out...)

As the 3rd book, she would likely be the hardest, deadliest book to fight off if she is re-personified like Siphy and Edda were.

Could she kill off a core cast member? Sure, but I hope not. I think it is more likely that she ends up killing the one she was most obsessed with - Wilcott.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:26 pm 
Maybe she is being manipulated by fate magic? She does not seem to have learned empathy. I was trying to think if we had anybody as murder happy as Kira, and I realized that we have a lot actually: Oasis, K’Z’K, kittens, etc.

Edit: I agree. It would make sense if Wilcott dies to her.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 am 
Notably, none of those examples are regular humans. Of course, Nash might qualify too, but he'd surely argue that he's not murder happy and it's just business. Then again, Kira might make similar argument.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:44 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Notably, none of those examples are regular humans. Of course, Nash might qualify too, but he'd surely argue that he's not murder happy and it's just business. Then again, Kira might make similar argument.

Pete (or at least Torg) might argue that bill collectors, and telemarketers, etc... are not 'regular humans'...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:01 pm 
The Book of E-ville still has a Love Potion spell. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets used in the near future...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:42 pm 
eldion wrote:
The Book of E-ville still has a Love Potion spell. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets used in the near future...

Yeah, I feel like we're headed for the much darker version of Gwynn's attempt at Love Potion.

Kira in general seems like the much more evil version of Gwynn. So yes, she would be an excellent final boss!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:13 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I mean, if anyone is going to be a final boss, it's K'Z'K.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:44 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:

Been there, done that. :zoe:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:12 pm 
sycasey wrote:
Dodger77 wrote:

Been there, done that. :zoe:
All the best ones have multiple phases. I'm pretty sure they haven't fought his final form yet ;-).

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:24 pm 
I don't know. I mean, I really don't think Kira is final boss material. More like third black waltz material. But I'm not sure about K'Z'K as final boss. Don't get me wrong, he's always been a strong contender. Probably the strongest and made all the more starkly so by the defeat of hC. However, the way things have been hinted at over time, I'm wondering more if it's the inevitable ultimate defeat of K'Z'K that will be the real catastrophe.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:00 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I don't know. I mean, I really don't think Kira is final boss material. More like third black waltz material. But I'm not sure about K'Z'K as final boss. Don't get me wrong, he's always been a strong contender. Probably the strongest and made all the more starkly so by the defeat of hC. However, the way things have been hinted at over time, I'm wondering more if it's the inevitable ultimate defeat of K'Z'K that will be the real catastrophe.

Yeah, didn't they say he can't really be killed, lest you threaten the state of reality? Seems like keeping K'Z'K imprisoned is the best bet.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:39 pm 
Maybe Lord Sloghi can take over the role of Grim Reaper, the one who ends things? He certainly has a history of usurping other Powers.

(I don't really think this is likely, but it's an amusing thought.)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:45 am 
I'd say it's been pretty evident that KZK's got a final battle left to fight. After all, we can't let Zoe be called the "Stormbreaker" and yet never once squish the bug during an actual rain storm

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:37 pm 
Kira is now in the book. Do we think Kira will get bookified sometime soon or around the time that the gang finds them? Will we have bug/Farhan strips in the early days. Was Farhan actually content with Kira as his girl? Did the bug manipulate the downfall of that relationship?

I expect that we will get an explanation of where Farhan was during the first K'Z'K episode.

I think that the bookification will happen earlier with some explanation on why the first K'Z'K episode did not have Farhan. I believe that Gwynn had to cast the cleanup mind spell for Farhan in the past, but I may be misremembering.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:54 pm 
My only spec is that perhaps it is Kira who has been protecting Zoe's soul this whole time...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat