Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Kesandru wrote:
Hey, umm... Wouldn't it be just bonkers if Yffi turned out to be Steve?

I think Yffi is actually Shirt-Guy Tom.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:59 am 
Which Steve? Dr. Steve? Steve Uozin?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:05 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:

Oh, you know which Steve.

*Yffi reveals his face, causing death and destruction to all nearby.

"Ooops. Did IIIIIIIII do Thaaaaat?"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:31 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

Oh, you know which Steve.

*Yffi reveals his face, causing death and destruction to all nearby.

"Ooops. Did IIIIIIIII do Thaaaaat?"

Oooohhhhh! THAT Steve!
(better known as... you know!)

And to think that BunBun calls Torg 'nerd boy'... what would he call Steve?

(Just maybe BunBun would call him 'Steve', in a sign of respect for his capability to accidentally destruct all he touches?)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:50 pm 
I think I'm going to stick with my original spec:

Wizard Yffi = Allie

Although Yffi has been established as male, I would imagine that Allie could disguise herself as male easily enough. Allie had the connections to Bast and Dunuloa. Allie apparently intended to be immortal - so maybe she found a way to do so, and is now intending to build herself an army of sorts. Nothing could go wrong there.........

I am trying to imagine who else Yffi could be at this time period. Allie is the only one I can think of who would have the relevant intent. If I'm correct the question is, does she survive the scribe? Is the flying creature Anise, then, rather than Ozzid? I guess that could be a spec on its own, independent of who Yffi is...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:21 am 
Well, given that I expected Allie to show up again as spme sort of undead creature, I'm definitely not down on the idea that it could be Allie. My alternative spec though, consistent with my previous spec of Yffi being from Mohkadun and the fact that the lich seems to be lacking eyes in its eyeholes (could be from normal decay, but nevertheless), is that Yffi is Symachus.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Well, given that I expected Allie to show up again as spme sort of undead creature, I'm definitely not down on the idea that it could be Allie. My alternative spec though, consistent with my previous spec of Yffi being from Mohkadun and the fact that the lich seems to be lacking eyes in its eyeholes (could be from normal decay, but nevertheless), is that Yffi is Symachus.

Symachus would fit, but "this Queen Siphaniana" would seem to rule him out.

I think this is a (technically) brand new character. Now the question seems to be just how long-lived Yffi is and when/if he'll show up in the present.

Would've been neat if he was Dr. Steve, though. Lots of characters in this universe seem obsessed with creating new forms of life.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:29 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
yffi being Symachus, working on an attemptto redempt himself would explain his poor physycal state and lack of eyes:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-05-08
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-05-09

I don't think his way he address Queen Siphaniana rules that out, especially as I expect it to be a Typo and PEte meant to say "HIS Queen Siphaniana", something Symachus would have no reason to not say.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Wow, Anise in the last couple pages has been looking a LOT like the little shadowy guy following the gang around in the present, ie: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-08-31

I forget if we were thinking demon spy or a servant of Basphomy for that fella, but now we've got an ancient door to add as an option

I am pretty sure the shadowy flying figure is Ozzid. Matches the shape, especially if you go back to the comic where he flew away from Siphy once she got eaten by the book (to later become a Mummy). I am wondering if Gwynn is considered part of the bloodline as she may be a reincarnation of Siphania/that line. Or if Ozzid is coming for some other reason.
It COULD be one of the three Yffi dragons, but they were last left in his cave, guarding the way. Not sure how they would get out, or if they could.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
yffi being Symachus, working on an attemptto redempt himself would explain his poor physycal state and lack of eyes:

I don't think his way he address Queen Siphaniana rules that out, especially as I expect it to be a Typo and PEte meant to say "HIS Queen Siphaniana", something Symachus would have no reason to not say.

my initial thought was symachus as well. most of the pieces fit somewhat but what throws me off is that symachus was last seen trying to summon k'z'k. not oppossing him as we see in today's strip.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:22 am 
eldion wrote:
The Lich has a blindfold across his eyes. I won't say, because spec, but I think that's the final clue to tell us exactly who Yffi is.

Yffi is Riff's ancestor?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 am 
tube_rat wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

my initial thought was symachus as well. most of the pieces fit somewhat but what throws me off is that symachus was last seen trying to summon k'z'k. not oppossing him as we see in today's strip.

Symachus might have got many years to ponder on his actions.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:33 am 
The spec relies on the possibility that Symachus was capable of growth over the past few millennia. Given that the last attempt, if successful, would have been Symachus' third time freeing K'Z'K, that is admittedly the biggest stretch of the spec.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:00 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
The spec relies on the possibility that Symachus was capable of growth over the past few millennia. Given that the last attempt, if successful, would have been Symachus' third time freeing K'Z'K, that is admittedly the biggest stretch of the spec.

Let's not forget that it was shortly after his banishment. Not much time to learn had elapsed yet.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:06 pm 
Yet the most second-most-recent of the Symachus-line is still trying to summon K'Z'K....

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat