Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:15 pm 
swmartian wrote:
As for the Trevors being innocent. I think they probably are - and yet, they are the physical manifestation of Torg's anima. Are animas separate from the beings they represent? Or are they 'just' representations of that being? If they are not separate, then the Trevors were originally representations of Torg - and therefore not innocent. Are the physical Trevors now any different from the anima they were created after?

These are excellent philosophical questions! As an example of qualifications for innocence, the Trevors would be innocent because their bodies, whether or not their original manifestations were innocent, these versions in physical form are new, just like Oasis'
body was new and innocent.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:07 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
randomlanguage wrote:
(...)these versions in physical form are new (...)

No?
After the end of the tapestry, Troloria seems to have created beings inspired buy the animas of the gang. Trevor is just one of the many animals of the anima world that might have been around for thousand of years before Torg&co popped back again. Trevor, specifically, seems to have some level of connection with Torg, hence his natural affection for Zoe, but he had grown up as a normal animal before meeting the gang and being brought to theirs dimension.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2020-04-15
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2020-04-17
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2020-05-06

also, trevor is far from being inocent, he is a sloppy kisser.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:41 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
(...)these versions in physical form are new (...)

No?
After the end of the tapestry, Troloria seem to have created beings inspired buy the animas of the gang. Trevor is just a normal animal of the anima world that might have been around for thousand of years before
also, trevor is far from being inocent, he is a sloppy kisser.

Oh, yes, thank you for the reminder!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 am 
I wonder if a demon can possess a creepy book person. That's not exactly spec, but not exactly not spec, so I put that musing here.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 pm 
Potential spec: one of the previous book people will regain sanity (no longer dominated), reclaim the book, and 'free' Gwynn.

Then again, that would be too easy. I just wanna claim "first" in the unlikely event that it happens :kiki:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:21 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Spirantz wrote:
(...)I just wanna claim "first" in the unlikely event that it happens :kiki:

Kiki is the one who turn syphy II good.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:28 am 
There's still a lot of moving pieces in this plot. Basphomy surely has a role to play. This chapter won't end without her making a move. Oh...shoot. I have some spec. It's sooooo far out there it's almost guaranteed to be false, but I'm gonna spec it anyway. In the extremely long shot that there's anything close to correct about it, that would be major spec points. So we know that Basphomy is "evolved from the original Bast," right? Well, evolved how? It could mean a lot of things, but she does appear to have more human characteristics than Bast or even Lemuri, doesn't she? Who do we know had contact with Bast (well Lemuri) before she became Basphomy? Allie. Well, this spec combines two loose threads in the plot I've been wondering about. The first is how is Basphomy going to come back in to this chapter. The second is what happened to Allie Bookbinder? We last saw her contemplating seeking immortality, but never saw her fate (on panel at least). I had a lot of spec on how and whether she might have achieved some version of that. One of my thoughts was she may have become undead, because that would let her become immortal but the book and Ozzid would likely tranfer to Siphy as they did. But Allie was a disciple of the Moon Twin (or at least her father was). Maybe if she was seeking immortality she would look to the Moon Twin for guidance. Now this is where I take a huge longshot leap,but maybe maybe maybe maybe Allie achieved some form of "immortality" by merging with Bast to become Basphomy. There's tons of weak spots but I didn't even know I was gonna make this spec until after I started writing this post and just decided to run with it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:48 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
(...)I just wanna claim "first" in the unlikely event that it happens :kiki:

Kiki is the one who turn syphy II good.

Your first is noted, and respective internet points are in a trust account already, because I don't see how this cannot happen.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:52 am 
Re: Golbez, as that quote is to long:

The book gets taken to the moon by one of the moon twins where the book has no power. The end.

...until Oasis blows up the moon and with it poopypants and the pillars of reality and the whole niftyverse with it.

That's canon, folks. I saw Pete's notes. He's going out with a Riff-style blast as his retirement package.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:36 pm 
If it's canon, it's not spec, just spoilers. :p

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:51 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
If it's canon, it's not spec, just spoilers. :p

I didn't see a spoilers thread, so I ruined the ending for everyone here instead. Sorry mate! This is how it's going down.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:13 am 
The love of Fahran released here is Siphy because of the two hearts... But we'll see!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 am 
Chances that's Lady Noga?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:55 am 
I'd say it's Baba Yaga.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:52 pm 
But she went to Timeless Space. Unless.....two possibilities.

1. Due to timewimeyness,Uncle Time returned her to about the time she left at. Can't remember if we daw her fall into the Oceans Unmoving, but if she wasn't killed it cluld happen after the events of Oceans Unmoving.

2. In some tales of Baba Yaga there are multiple people referred to by that title with Lady Noga being one. It could be another Baba Yaga.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat