Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:47 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is tired, so this is all you get.

----
Please vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 12:17 am 
(I think the speech bubble in the last panel of the second row is pointing to the wrong person)

Surely, the bug has been outwitted. What a shame for his brilliant plan.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:00 am 
I don't think the bug was outwitted. He overreached, but that actually made Allie overconfident that doing what he asked would be okay as long as she didn't set him free. The bug is playing the long game.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:57 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Yeah, the tail of the word balloon is pointing in the wrong direction.

Don't know if K'Z'K is so used having foolish mortal trying to release him in exchange of empty promise that he didn't realise how that deal had no chance to work with Allie, or if it was actually the result he expected.

when Kozoaku got tricked into the scroll and got his name changed, he was still rather easily manipulated by his future self and he still has a long way to become it. Maybe, at this point, he still has a lot to learn to get the mortals do his bidding...

Last edited by GUIGUI on Wed May 19, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:34 pm 
ugh. Totally pointing the wrong direction. Hate it when I do that. Fixing...

....And fixed!

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:00 pm 
I also doubt the Bug was the one who got outwitted here. Adding spells to the book/Farahn is bad no matter what, and even if she's not specifically releasing him she's still about to do exactly the kind of thing he wants her to do, and we already know the Bug doesn't care about playing the long game. Given Allie's ego, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a show on the Bug's part to make her believe that with the spell she could do so with impunity.

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:35 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I don't think the bug was outwitted. He overreached, but that actually made Allie overconfident that doing what he asked would be okay as long as she didn't set him free. The bug is playing the long game.

He pretended to overreach. That is what he does always.

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:40 am 
Yahoo Messenger: poisonivyy_ae
Silverwalker wrote:

Agree. I don’t think the bug actually expected her to release him, he was just using that to manipulate her into doing what he wanted. And, hey, if she had released him, so much more the better, in his opinion.

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:42 am 
Is anybody else getting chrono-whiplash from all the hopping back & forth in time & realities? I mean in the last 14 strips / 6 weeks we've hopscotched to Siphy Liberliganus, 1970 Poland, the beginning of the 7th Spark, some quality time with Rithuly in the Never, K'z'k and Farahn getting trapped in the Book, 5 hours / 6 months / 1 year / 5 years / 3500 years later, Queen Siphy in the desert, 3 strips with Quint, Allie ... I'm getting dizzy !!

And speaking of time jumps, I just realized that K'z'k and Farahn have spent 3500+++ years driving each other crazy -- but apparently Siphy didn't have to endure any time there. She came out of the Book saying (I think) the same sentence she said as she was pulled in. Farahn must have immediately trapped her in the "B" book and left her there.

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:55 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
garyfritz wrote:
Is anybody else getting chrono-whiplash from all the hopping back & forth in time & realities? (...)

I am fine, personally. So far, we have only got to do it two time and it was fully chronological each. we have got one chronological progression for the Liberliganus chapters. Then we cam back to the end of Mokhadun and it was all chronological again for the Roomies chapter two.

Your wiplash might come from how connected those tow chapters are, referencing each other, but I find interesting and entertaining t have two different point of view from the same events.

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:27 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

Basically what I meant, but I'm sure he wouldn't have minded if the overreach was successful. Look at it this way, he has nothing to lose. If the overreach works, great. If not, it still helps lure her into a sense of complacency by thinking the overreach was his aim in talking to her.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions