Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:15 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Today is a Tuesday. Do you know what that means?

Indeed you are right. We will be enslaving the the angels of heaven and pulling them down to hell to do our bidding for all of eternity.

----
Please vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 am 
heh i was wondering when all the ... stuff ... showed up in the void. nifty!

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 am 
and i gotta say, this is a nifty chapter too so far.

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:57 pm 
Oooo! now we know what the book was moaning about, it was just Farahn!

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 am 
And as Pete told us, this makes clear, where Mokhadun falls on the timeline.

So the events earlier took place about 4000 BC and the refugees from Mokhadun kickstarted the Egyptian civilization almost instantly (by pre-historical standards).

Makes sense!

Thanks, Pete!

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:03 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
StatisticMan wrote:
And as Pete told us, this makes clear, where Mokhadun falls on the timeline.

So the events earlier took place about 4000 BC and the refugees from Mokhadun kickstarted the Egyptian civilization almost instantly (by pre-historical standards).

Makes sense!

Thanks, Pete!

I wouldn't be completely affirmative yet. Between this strip and the previous one, more time might have elapsed again, though it seems more likely that they are two consecutive ones.

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
I wouldn't be completely affirmative yet. Between this strip and the previous one, more time might have elapsed again, though it seems more likely that they are two consecutive ones.

Good point. In the Liberliganus-storyline(s) we saw at least one fast forward without having it explicitely stated in the comic (but this were about 5 years and Pete mentioned in the comments - https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-03-11)
There's probably another fast forward in this one https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-02-10 as well.

But assuming that there was another fast forward between this and the last comic it would imply that there was a significant jump forward after only one panel without a clear indication.

Especially after Pete told us that we will learn where Mokhadun falls on the timeline:
Pete wrote:
The next few strips should give more insight into established events instead of feeling like a simple rehash. And should also help confirm where Mohkadun falls on the timeline.

So if we won't get further information in the next few strips, I'm almost certain that Pete just confirmed your estimate of about 4000 BC for the fall of the city of Mohkadun.

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 pm 
When I first saw this strip I was wondering WTF K'Z'K was holding in the second panel. I was like, is that some kind of coffee cup holder? Then I looked at the comic again today and noticed he was wearing it in the first panel. Three-eyed glasses. LOL.

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 am 
I have to give Farahn credit. Up until Siphy got killed, he was doing fine even though he's stuck with the bug. Whereas Rana, a godling, looked pretty shaken after being in the scroll for a few seconds. And she didn't have the Destroyer in there with her.

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:30 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
I have to give Farahn credit. Up until Siphy got killed, he was doing fine even though he's stuck with the bug. Whereas Rana, a godling, looked pretty shaken after being in the scroll for a few seconds. And she didn't have the Destroyer in there with her.

But that is why she was shaken. Think about how you would feel if you suddenly found yourself very, very, very alone in an unfamiliar - and very, very, very empty - plane of being? Whereas the Bug actually worked as an anchor for Farahn's "sanity" - if you can call his normal plane of being "sanity".

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:59 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

But that is why she was shaken. Think about how you would feel if you suddenly found yourself very, very, very alone in an unfamiliar - and very, very, very empty - plane of being? Whereas the Bug actually worked as an anchor for Farahn's "sanity" - if you can call his normal plane of being "sanity".

I also think Dunuloa hadn't worked the kink out as it was her first actual use of the spell and it ended up roughing out Rhana a bit.

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm 
Yeah I'd believe that's possible. I'd accept that more than "the Destroyer is better company than no company at all" ...

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:57 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: poisonivyy_ae
garyfritz wrote:
Yeah I'd believe that's possible. I'd accept that more than "the Destroyer is better company than no company at all" ...

I don’t know if I’d agree with that. The destroyer seems like he might be fairly entertaining, but the alternative means you are alone with your own thoughts, and my thoughts are not the kind it would be healthy to be alone with for an extended period of time.
I guess there’s a reason why I’m a workaholic, and need to fill all down time with distractions.

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 pm 
But Rana was only in the scroll for a few seconds, not "an extended period of time." I can't believe she found it that tough to be by herself for a few seconds. I think GUIGUI's theory is more likely: Dunuloa was still rough with the spell, so it was a rough ride for Rana.

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:30 pm 
Farahn had time to get acclimated before he had way more time to fall apart. I don't think Rana's reaction is much evidence of anything because there's no comparison here. The very fact that it was just seconds in and out is why Rana reacted the way she did, most likely. There's no basis for assuming Farahn wouldn't have reacted similarly if he were suddenly sucked into a scroll and then released almost immediately or that Rana wouldn't have been able to hold it together for as long or longer once she got used to being imprisoned in a scroll. Then again, Rana can't quite seem to keep it together even out in the world, so who really knows?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions