Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:40 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
The rune-protected page in a cave looked very familiar, but that was in Egypt.(...).
You mean Italy?

Sorry, you're right. Near Pompeii, not near Mokhadun.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:26 pm 
Woo! We got a visit from the Artist himself.

I wonder what Siphaniana eats on her long journeys. And how she travels. Maybe she takes money from people. It would be really practical if the book had a hunting spell.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:20 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
The rune-protected page in a cave looked very familiar, but that was in Egypt.(...).
You mean Italy?

tube_rat wrote:
(...) I don't know what the page they retrieved in pompeii was. (...)
Page of binding and unbinding.

Passiflora wrote:
Farahn has certainly upped his creepy manipulative abusive boyfriend game since he became bookified. In life he was an angry buffoon.
I could almost, ALMOST, empathise with him, in his desire to restore Siphaniana's mind and pinned down most of his evil on his upbringing as a king and being told he was a chosen of gods. His care for her seemed genuine to the point he would even make her pass over his own ego (unable to hold his word to kill Gwynn when she was possessing her body, making it seems like he only threatened her in the hope she would get her mind back) and it seemed Siphaniana actually loved her back, but now...

Either the bug twisted his mind and made him even worse than before, or he was always like this and Siphaniana would have set herself to a big fall and an awful life, had she not be whisked away and Mokhadun not fall. Or maybe that extend of care only ever applied to Siphaniana and nobody else. Who know?

Siphaniana had a pretty bad and short life after she returned to her time anyway and it was deserved because she tried to release K'Z'K.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:39 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
tube_rat wrote:

how do you know that? we don't get a good look at the page and gwynn said she didn't know what it was. it's not cappy bo because gwynn already returned that page and cappy bo is the page that was placed in the protection circle

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:41 am 
Pete wrote:
Siphy asked the same question of the book, and got no answer. Comic from 3/23/21.

good to know i'm not (completely) crazy for wondering this still.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:01 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
Siphaniana had a pretty bad and short life after she returned to her time anyway and it was deserved because she tried to release K'Z'K.
Farhan, actually. Maybe she had convinced herself she could release only him, or just didn't care...

tube_rat wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
how do you know that? we don't get a good look at the page and gwynn said she didn't know what it was. it's not cappy bo because gwynn already returned that page and cappy bo is the page that was placed in the protection circle
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2020-11-20
After Gwynn has teleported, Lord Poopy Pant say "Look where she is on the globe" and Farhan recall that they are near where they left the page of binding and unbinding.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:51 pm 
ah ok. thanks for clearing that up. :)
i don't think we know what the third page is yet, right?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:42 pm 
eldion wrote:
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:
Please let me know if this belongs in the spec forum, but.... I’m a little confused about why pages have to be ripped out (with whatever magic will keep said page torn out) instead of using the bind/unbind spell page. Could anyone clarify?

Because they actually plan to rip the page of binding out. Because it could be used to “undo” the Book of E-Ville.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2020-11-20

It's still a bit unclear why they either can't or don't want to use the spell of unbinding to remove itself from the book. Either Quint's death magic prevents the unbinding effect of the spell from lasting, or there's another reason. In fact, Quint wanted the scroll destroyed, which implies it can be destroyed. Also not sure why they didn't do that. Unless the same protection circle that helps them remove the page also prevents its destruction.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:48 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
ah ok. thanks for clearing that up. :)
i don't think we know what the third page is yet, right?

Correct. That hasn’t been explicitly stated. I think I know what it is, but that’s for the spec thread.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:51 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
It's still a bit unclear why they either can't or don't want to use the spell of unbinding to remove itself from the book..

i think at this point it's intentionally vague on pete's part. see his reply pointing out how siphy had asked the book the same question but didn't get an answer.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions