Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:38 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
TwoDays
TwoDays

That is all.

----
Please vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:14 am 
Looks like Siphy Liberliganus has a long history of throwing people off ledges to the depths below.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:55 am 
Since this and the previous are two different pages, it might be easy to overlook except when reading all at once that the first panel constitutes an excellent smash cut. Gotta love Pete's comedic senses.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:04 am 
I will kill your friends and family,
To remind you of my love!
Da da da dat da, dat da da da da ya da
Da da dat dat da ya da!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:16 am 
Uh oh, I sense foreshadowing... Off to spec!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:41 am 
Well, that went bad fast.

Oh wait ....it's been three generations, hasn't it?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am 
Aha! The book's binding spell can bind and unbind pages - but because of the death magic when Quint died by his daughter's curvy-dagger-holding hand, any unbound pages will soon return. Strong death magic is needed to undo this, so that the page holding the End Demon can be removed from the book.

Although I don't remember why that page needs to be removed. Does the book prevent Kizke from being released from the page?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:39 am 
Sure would be nice if Allie and her descendants actually LISTENED to Quint's death-bed instructions...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:14 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Silverwalker wrote:
Aha! The book's binding spell can bind and unbind pages - but because of the death magic when Quint died by his daughter's curvy-dagger-holding hand, any unbound pages will soon return. Strong death magic is needed to undo this, so that the page holding the End Demon can be removed from the book.

Although I don't remember why that page needs to be removed. Does the book prevent Kizke from being released from the page?

The page they attempt to remove in today's comic is Captain Botanical's page. I guess Lord PoopyPants didn't want a demon able to nullify magic around him.

As for the page of binding and unbinding, KzK explicitly said he was afraid Gwynn would use it to undo the book, a book he has worked hard to be the way it wanted to be and collect powerful spells. And according to the bug himself, being bound to a book of powerful spells make his own page/scroll more powerful itself. If he is removed, he and Farhan will be reduced to a scroll with "not enough power to manipulate Gwynn or anyone".
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2020-11-20

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:47 pm 
It would, however, presumably make it easier for his cult to find the scroll.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:34 pm 
i'm still confuzzled on the tearing vs unbinding. quintus said the book will "want" its properly bound spells back.

so if you unbound the page, the book shouldn't "want" it but tearing it out doesn't eliminate the "want" because it was not properly unbound.

am i missing something?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:16 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
tube_rat wrote:
i'm still confuzzled on the tearing vs unbinding. quintus said the book will "want" its properly bound spells back.

so if you unbound the page, the book shouldn't "want" it but tearing it out doesn't eliminate the "want" because it was not properly unbound.

am i missing something?

I think all the page that get bound to the book are there to stay forever, unless death magic is used. This is why Quintus wanted the spell destroyed.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:32 pm 
It's possible that the unbinding works fine for removing a page. It could be that Farahn and the Bug want to be able to tear out pages without the spell for their own reasons. Perhaps they can't access the spell of binding/unbinding directly and want to remove their dependence on Siphaniana. Or maybe they want to get rid of the spell of unbinding (as they apparently have in the present) and want to make sure they have another way to remove pages without it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:21 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
My impression, was that the pages bound to the book due to Quintus' death, can't be removed with the bind/unbind page.

The death magic pages were as if they were bound into the book with proper stitching and glue. So they have to be ripped out. While the ones put in with the bind/unbind page, were just like placing it loosely between the other pages in the book. So quite easy to remove.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:02 am 
Zillatain wrote:
My impression, was that the pages bound to the book due to Quintus' death, can't be removed with the bind/unbind page.

The death magic pages were as if they were bound into the book with proper stitching and glue. So they have to be ripped out. While the ones put in with the bind/unbind page, were just like placing it loosely between the other pages in the book. So quite easy to remove.

except that the cappy bo scroll was added using the scroll of binding after Quint's death.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions