Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:02 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
There is no need to fear, your Monday is here!

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:56 am 
They have the same author.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:50 am 
Ah, I remember reading about the bold history of the Erurian empire in school. But I am still interested in learning what this "Rome" is about.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:19 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I am glad Pete didn't forget the book of Güd. I mean, it was unlikely he'd lose track of something like that, but I was growing afraid it was going to be nothing but a one time joke.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:03 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Ah, I remember reading about the bold history of the Erurian empire in school. But I am still interested in learning what this "Rome" is about.

Yeah, Etrurians are expanding their territory, forging alliances with Carthaginians against the Greeks and trading with all the Mediterraneans. They are clearly the dominant political force of the Italian peninsula. And then there is this Latin tribe, controlling a few acres around its city walls... Taking the situation of 485 BC into account, I would totally agree with Quint. Especially after meeting such a jackus assius! :D

None the less, there is no Etrurian Empire but the "Etruscan League", a federation of 12 Etruscan city states (one of them Tarchuna).

This whole story arc seems to be all about connecting the dots. We have this Roman town next to the Vesuv which collapsed mostly into a gigantic sinkhole before the Vesuv erupted. The area around the Vesuv (Campania) was controlled by Etruscans by the time where the story takes place.

After a loss against the Greeks the region falls mostly to the Samnites and later to the Romans (roughly 140 years after the time of the comic and 420 years before the Vesuv erupts).

This is no speculation, this is just pointing out facts from other comics and historical trivia.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:01 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
I am glad Pete didn't forget the book of Güd. I mean, it was unlikely he'd lose track of something like that, but I was growing afraid it was going to be nothing but a one time joke.

The real question is whether the Book of Bhad and the Book of Uhglee will be a one time joke or not. The Book of Gud was a major plot point and not something Pete would be likely to discard. The other two will almost certainly never be elevated to any plot importance, but they could become a two time joke.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:44 pm 
Servra wrote:
A warning; gaze upon these hieroglyphics and months might pass as moments. I have learned this the hard way.

Substitute "comic archives" for "hieroglyphics"; works just as well! :kiki:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions