Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:37 pm 
Taking into account that Captain Botanical came from a page ripped from The Book, I'm guessing there are a lot of things in there we have never seen before, and this is one, especially given the Latin. The headgear does look kind of Egyptian though, so maybe very late Egyptian?

Also interesting that it has attacked Zoe repeatedly and Torg after he defended her, but not its main attacker Riff. I'd spec that this thing is actually loyal to the bug (who suggested the 'old flame') and is trying to kill the stormbreaker.

Which raises the possibility that the bug is temporarily helping Gwynn via the book somehow in order to manipulate Farahn.

Last edited by FullMetalArchivist on Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:58 am 
It would make some sense I suppose for a late Egyptian to be speaking Latin, but their current location may be important. They're in Italy at the location of an "ancient Roman town" that was destroyed by Vesuvius. The Latin seems too coincidental to be unrelated. This paper mummy thing could be Roman. Given that the book most likely acquired various pages over time and we're not even sure when it was bound, there's no reason to assume a direct Mohkadun connection. Well, the symbol could be a reason, but those symbols largely persisted anyway.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 am 
What unexpected result do you think will come of destroying these pages?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:13 am 
We haven't seen Chaz used in a while, and now he is bent! However, I think that he will eventually straighten and be okay. Maybe not by the next fight though, so now they are without any weapons if the laser cannon and shotgun are gone.

Still, it may be important that these items are out of commission for the time being. I think this needs to be focused on Gwynn's abilities.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:26 am 
randomlanguage wrote:

Destroy? I thought they were always set on collecting them with the intent of freeing Gwynn from Fahran's control.

the chapter is called Bound and Unbound, so someone's going free! Place your bets on who...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:21 am 
Chaz was stated to be unbreakable, but now he's broken, and Torg seems surprised about it too. Maybe this has something to do with how he was weakening in outer space while outside the background magic field?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:21 am 
VVK wrote:
Chaz was stated to be unbreakable, but now he's broken, and Torg seems surprised about it too. Maybe this has something to do with how he was weakening in outer space while outside the background magic field?

He's "nigh unbreakable".
Nigh means almost.

Could be the space/alternate dimension draining effect. But could also be something from the book. I'm just waiting for Chaz to get chatty enough to talk about it.

Alternately, it might not be Chaz, but a replica. But when that may have happened, I certainly couldn't say...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:54 am 
Spirantz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Destroy? I thought they were always set on collecting them with the intent of freeing Gwynn from Fahran's control.

the chapter is called Bound and Unbound, so someone's going free! Place your bets on who...

Maybe I'm just slow, but it just occurred to me that Chaz might be on that list.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:17 pm 
spec: the rope is the mummy.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:42 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Chaz is bent, not broken. So I think, saying that Chaz is "unbreakable" is still true. A bent sword can usually be bent back into shape. Though you will want to apply heat and then re-temper it to be safe.

Though, powered up, Chaz may be able to fix itself.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:26 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Chaz is bent, not broken. So I think, saying that Chaz is "unbreakable" is still true. A bent sword can usually be bent back into shape. Though you will want to apply heat and then re-temper it to be safe.

I hope not. I want to meet the blacksmith known as Bob.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:49 am 
Zillatain wrote:

I'm not sure who'd they be able to find to power Chaz up though... Unless they are able to make a wish like they did once, though I can't remember exactly when ...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:40 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Maybe the sword is only undestructible when it's powered by the blood of innocents.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm 
It's kinda obvious, but I think Torg thinks Chaz is dead (he thinks Chaz died at hC space station), but is in denial about it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:39 am 
Spec
Riff's mom is the next monster they have to fight.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat