Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:07 pm 
jc42 wrote:
After years of lurking, I had to finally activate my account to *spec* :)

What if Aylee is growing an army of her kind to take over the world? That would explain why she didn’t want to let them into her house, and would explain why she was so sad to see them. She may have thought they would never come back, so decided to fulfill her natural instinct, and take over the world...

What if she is but she isn't doing the eat everyone and wipe out all native species route, but something more subtle and harmonious, but she still thinks the gang will see it the same way.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Speaking of, that morsel of Bun Bun backstory that happens in the Wayang Kulit chapter? I went back and checked - he went looking for the book of shadows so he could beat up the Groundhog's Day shadow. But then it turned out to be written in another language. As far as I can recall, Bun Bun never followed up on that...

Bun Bun got Gwynn drunk and made her read from the book.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:13 am 
I think that Gwynn and Aylee will commiserate, and I hope that they will both open up to each other. Gwen certainly needs someone to talk to, ideally when the book isn't active.

Torg's habit of trying to protect people by keeping them in the dark usually hasn't worked out. I know he's trying to keep the book in the dark by not speaking in front of Gwynn, but she has been on the outside of things for a while, whether by choice or circumstance.

However, at the same time, if Aylee opens up to Gwynn, the book might take advantage of any vulnerabilities Aylee shows.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:48 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
However, at the same time, if Aylee opens up to Gwynn, the book might take advantage of any vulnerabilities Aylee shows.

Honestly? I'd kind of like to see an Aylee and Gwynn adventure. Not drastically long, mind you, but would be a nice change and good for Aylee

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:02 pm 
I think we have a pretty standard love triangle going on here. Either that or she's going to blame Torg for getting knifed in the throat.

There is also a part of me just hoping that there's more to this form than meets the eye.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 am 
Spirantz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Honestly? I'd kind of like to see an Aylee and Gwynn adventure. Not drastically long, mind you, but would be a nice change and good for Aylee

True!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 am 
I don't think it's love triangle per se. Aylee might be jealous of Zoe for getting more of Torg's attention but I think she's mostly mad at Torg for being a bad friend.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I think she's mostly mad at Torg for being a bad friend.

I think this is the best answer. Simple and straight to the point!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am 
seebert42 wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
seebert42 wrote:
If it wasn't for there being one story line still hanging in the air, I'd have thought that Pete had accomplished his own retirement with today's comic.

The sampire?
The mohkadun gods?
Gwynn still possessed?
Kusashi still at large? Oasis at large?
Bunbun in space?
Upcoming marriage?
Aylee?

Can you be more specific? Lol

I was thinking only of Gwynn. We had the whole story line of BunBun as a space pirate years ago, in the timeless zone. The sampire may return one day, but who knows where his duffel bag is. Kusashi/Oasis have lost their brains, and quite possibly, all of their resurrection chambers. I'll give you the marriage, but sure enough the story line went straight back to Aylee/BunBun/Engaged couple, so that is wrapping up very soon indeed.

Wait ... duffel bag? Did you forget that The Circle happened?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm 
Alright, I'm going to guess that the "mini-mart massacre" was caused by our old friend Percy the woolly mammoth.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:03 am 
vanRT wrote:
Alright, I'm going to guess that the "mini-mart massacre" was caused by our old friend Percy the woolly mammoth.

Shoot, it was N'aaaw.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 am 
vanRT wrote:
vanRT wrote:

Shoot, it was N'aaaw.

I'm hoping the Sampire comes back with a vengeance! Then he mistakes Aylee for Sasha and romance ensues.

Former meals, unite!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:36 am 
Coincidental timing or did Aylee join the cult?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:53 am 
maslego wrote:

Scary thought. I'm gonna just assume that Aylee has been under surveillance all these years, waiting for the return of the others.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:10 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
maslego wrote:

Scary thought. I'm gonna just assume that Aylee has been under surveillance all these years, waiting for the return of the others.

That seems likely, since Lacey knew that Gwynn and Aylee were roommates.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 am 
N'aaaw did ask if she could eat them both, but then I'm not so sure she's above eating fellow cultists anyway (maybe above actually asking permission to do so though...)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat