Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
Wuh-oh.

And it looks like both Riff *and* Torg get points for honesty ... as it appears neither took advantage of the clothing shop with the absent proprietor they 'zapped' back near. Still wearing their Anima obtained clothes, slowly turning to rags with wear.

I just hope they had the foresight to pick up Emergency Pants (TM).

Where do you get the shopowner being zapped from?

Biscuit meant that the gang zapped back near the clothing shop with the absent proprietor, I think.

I liked Torg's not-quite explanation to Zoe in this strip. He isn't hiding bad stuff from her; instead, he's acknowledging but doesn't know much. More importantly, he's assuring her that he will tell her when he does know. :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:39 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Surprised there isn't a reference to Lady Gwynn of the Book and her Book of Ro'thar-Niece, there.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2004-11-17

I was expecting a reference to https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=42#2004-07-15, myself.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:30 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
I think Farahn is mixing up his women? I mean just because they swapped bodies... Gwynn was in her own body when Farahn said "this power... all yours" BUT he called her Siphaniana. It was Siphy who loved him. I assume Gwynn was actually talking to Kron, but Farahn thinks he's talking to Siphy? And that's worrisome for Gwynn.

Siphy loved Farahn, Farahn loved Gwynn, and I'm pretty sure Kron loved Siphy. It was Gwynn's "hard to get" attitude that made Farahn fall for her

Farahn already loved Siphy way before Gwyn got there. Gwyn has speculated she is Siphy's reincarnation and this is why she get Farhan's love:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-07-08

It's probably too complicated for a single link, probably would have to reread all of Mohkadun. Siphaniana was one of Farahns wives yes, so he "loved" her after a fashion. I think she might have even been first among them. Gwynn-as-Siphaniana he was obsessed with to the exclusion of all the others though. It took him a while to figure out, not even sure if he did until present-day, but he loves Gywnn more than anything. Not because he thinks she is Siphaniana, but because he knows when she was.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Sotanaht wrote:
Siphaniana was one of Farahns wives yes, so he "loved" her after a fashion.

No, she is explicitly his favourite wife, even before Gwyn come in and this is why he is so obsessed with healing her out of her "craziness". Farah loved Syphy truly way before Gwyn exchanged her soul with her. (and getting the jealousy of all his other wifes out of that).
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-03-29
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-04-30 (notice how she already is her VERY favorite before the switch)
The reason because Farah get so obsessed is because Syphy already was her favorite and he wanted her back.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am 
Biscuit wrote:
Wuh-oh.

And it looks like both Riff *and* Torg get points for honesty ... as it appears neither took advantage of the clothing shop with the absent proprietor they 'zapped' back near. Still wearing their Anima obtained clothes, slowly turning to rags with wear.

I just hope they had the foresight to pick up Emergency Pants (TM).

All of them. Gwynn and Zoe are wearing Min's clothes. I'm positive that I've seen the t-shirt with the star being worn by min before.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:21 pm 
francoegarcia wrote:
All of them. Gwynn and Zoe are wearing Min's clothes. I'm positive that I've seen the t-shirt with the star being worn by min before.

That may be so, but the star t-shirt was also prominently displayed on the rack of the shop next to the gang when they zapped back to Sluggy Prime.

In the return strip, Gwynn appears to be wearing the same clothes that she is in the van for today's strip. So it appears that the only one who stole a t-shirt was Zoe. This is not the first time she has resorted to stealing clothing. (though I believe that was a book-only bonus story)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions