Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Almost forgot that today was Friday. But that is not going to stop me from guessing, that we will see the glorious return of our heroes* back to their own dimension.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.

Please remember to vote everyday.

*That term is used very loosely.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 am 
I hope this reunions is full of happy tears and hugs, like the last time Pete linked to!

(I love the references on the t-shirts in the t-shirts stall!)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:54 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Was it 2011 when Zoe was brought back to life and reunited with her parents? If it's 2 years later, does this means this is 2013? Or has Pete simply decided to part away with time-synch?

I initially thought that the day the attacked Hereticorp, some time had passed since that meeting had happened and it actually was 2018, making the two year jump synch back with 2020, but it doesn't seem to be the case. (then again, 7 years between Zoe and Riff being back and the fall of Hereticorp seems like way too long anyway).

Does pondering on the time elapsed fall into speculation?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:08 am 
I wonder which shirt Riff stole, to go with Zoe's.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I just noticed Gwynn has her book back. Proof that they are effectively back home.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:26 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Was it 2011 when Zoe was brought back to life and reunited with her parents? If it's 2 years later, does this means this is 2013? Or has Pete simply decided to part away with time-synch?

"I got him this time!" No. No one said it's two years since she came back to her parents. It's been two years since they left for the anima dimension.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:28 am 
I don't remember that strip in the flashback at all! Or that Bun-bun had a cub scout group, as I see a bit back from that strip. It's odd, because I remember 4U City before it quite well.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:27 am 
Well. If she's marrying Torg, it may finally be time meet Torg's side of the family!

:torg: :torg: :torg: :torg: :torg: :torg: :torg: :torg: :torg:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:49 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

"I got him this time!" No. No one said it's two years since she came back to her parents. It's been two years since they left for the anima dimension.

Zoe Literally says "I haven't lifted a finger to contact you in over two years" So, there was a rather short time between Zoe being brought back and the fall of Hereticorp.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:38 am 
:torg: and :zoe:
sitting in a tree.
k-i-s-s-i-n-g.
first comes love,
then comes marriage, (<---- you are here)
then comes ZORG in a baby carriage.

i guess that could be considered spec :p

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:43 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:

Uh. A star, a smiley face, and something unrecognizable? What am I missing?

GUIGUI wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
No one said it's two years since she came back to her parents. It's been two years since they left for the anima dimension.
Zoe Literally says "I haven't lifted a finger to contact you in over two years" So, there was a rather short time between Zoe being brought back and the fall of Hereticorp.

No, like SW said, they returned from animaland 2 years after they left due to space/time/dimension hackery. That doesn't say anything about how long it was from "Zoe's back from 4U" to "off to animaland."

Spirantz wrote:
Well. If she's marrying Torg, it may finally be time meet Torg's side of the family!

Yeah! We've met Zoe's whole family, and both of Riff's parents. We even "saw" Bun-Bun's mother. But we've never seen Torg's family, or Gwynn's either I think.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:07 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
No, like SW said, they returned from animaland 2 years after they left due to space/time/dimension hackery. That doesn't say anything about how long it was from "Zoe's back from 4U" to "off to animaland."

Actually it does, seeing that in today's update, Zoe actually says "I haven't lifted a finger to contact you in over two years" Meaning she hasn't contacted her family since this happened:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2011-08-04
Seeing that this scene happens right after Zoe get back from 4U and that, in the current story, Zoe has just says it has been two years since that point (she cut contact right after they left, so Hereticorp wouldn't threaten her family), this means that between her return and her coming back from Animworld, only 2 years have happened. Meaning that between her return from 4U and he fall of hereticorp, only a short time elapsed.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:28 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Uh. A star, a smiley face, and something unrecognizable? What am I missing?

I'm fairly certain Pete is referencing Homestar Runner

https://homestarrunner.com/tempHomeImg/ ... [email protected]

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:38 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

Yeah! We've met Zoe's whole family, and both of Riff's parents. We even "saw" Bun-Bun's mother. But we've never seen Torg's family, or Gwynn's either I think.

You know..... I've never ever once considered Gwynn's family. Let's save that for when Pete runs out of ideas. :torg:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:22 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Actually it does, seeing that in today's update, Zoe actually says "I haven't lifted a finger to contact you in over two years" Meaning she hasn't contacted her family since this happened:

That's not how I read it. The trip to Animaland started right after they took down Hereticorp. They toasted the space station, landed the XT-34, were immediately surrounded by the feds, and they zappo'd away. Oasis roasted herself.

Next thing we know, they're on a beach with two suns and they have animas.

Then they jumped several times, moving forward 5000 years (in the Animaland timeline) each time. Eventually Riff discovered the relationship to the home-dimension timeline jumped around, and DFAing at that point would return them to a spot two years after they left. And they did.

That's why Zoe said she "hadn't done anything" to contact them in two years. They were in a different dimension, on an incompatible timeline, and there was no way she could contact them. But she couldn't tell THEM that.

The "two years" came from "this is the closest time we can jump back to," not "it's been two years since the last time Zoe disappeared and showed up again." Two years (in the home-dimension timeline) since they blew up the Hereticorp space station and zappo'd to Animaland.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions