Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Alrighty, but with the bad roll and lack of proper tools adding +2 to the roll still won't open it. Old though the tech may be, it's still the lock inside the building of a merchant rich enough to own property in the middle of a city. The lock is pretty decent quality for what it is.

Humphrey should still be able to do it, but it might serve him well to have something better than random bits of scrap.

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:27 am 
Then Humprey will mutter something rude about "stupid splinters", blame his failure on the tools, and, if possible, try again (with the +2).

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
You can have some leeway to define what you find and what The Merchant's Quarters looks like. The most important resources to manage will be food, water, fuel, and weapons.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:07 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Did the merchant happen to have any armor up here? Say, a chain shirt to wear under his normal clothes just in case, or a suit of something for travel or from his past?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:25 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The merchant does not have anything that could be considered armor.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:32 pm 
Would it be reasonable to guess that he did have a very wide variety of ordinary clothes, which can be repurposed into a wide (but slightly indeterminate) range of costumes?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:34 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Nothing so much that could be used as disguising costumes. There's a plain traveling cloak with hood if you want to try and hide your identity, but it's not very extravagant. The clothing is nicely made from good quality fabrics but they mostly adhere to the ideas of function over aesthetics.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:26 am 
That was poorly phrased. Let me rephrase:

I assume that there are a wide enough variety of clothes that Humphrey could dress up, not merely as Humphrey the merchant, but also as Humphrey the baker, Humphrey the butcher, or Humphrey the candlestick-maker. Not a disguise in the sense of hiding his identity (he'd still be clearly Humphrey, no matter how he's dressed); more like a cosplay costume sort of thing.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:32 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Ahh.

There's not a large enough variety to pull together a really good number of costumes, unless you don't mind all those costumes being Cold Merchant or Traveling Merchant or Merchant on a Rainy Day.

The costumes would also require the context of being inside the store behind the counter, or most people would assume you're not wearing a costume at all and are just dressing appropriately for the weather.

Whoever lived and worked here had very plain, humble tastes in apparel.

Also I'd like to apologize for slow posts with minimal content. I've been mentally exhausted off and on with increasing regularity for the past few weeks. I'll try to keep things moving in both games where I can but I hope you don't mind if some days all I post is "Felix does this" to keep Long Way From Home moving forward.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Did Wright want to go immediately after confirming the fire changes the map or is he wanting the chance to react?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Unless someone goes anywhere with that comment, he feels that there's searching to be done. He's probably getting hungry and/or thirsty and wouldn't expect these issues to take care of themselves. Though there's always the food running around in the basement of the inn, if it comes to that.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:41 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The character woke up clothed, just too lightly for the local climate.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:04 am 
Kajin wrote:
Ahh.

There's not a large enough variety to pull together a really good number of costumes, unless you don't mind all those costumes being Cold Merchant or Traveling Merchant or Merchant on a Rainy Day.

The costumes would also require the context of being inside the store behind the counter, or most people would assume you're not wearing a costume at all and are just dressing appropriately for the weather.

Whoever lived and worked here had very plain, humble tastes in apparel.

Also I'd like to apologize for slow posts with minimal content. I've been mentally exhausted off and on with increasing regularity for the past few weeks. I'll try to keep things moving in both games where I can but I hope you don't mind if some days all I post is "Felix does this" to keep Long Way From Home moving forward.

Ah, that's fair enough. And I hope things improve for you soon!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Wright isn't going to be responding, mostly because I suspect the critters in the basement would be reacting before he could.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Okay, quick question. Is Humphrey making any effort at all to be quiet, or is he speaking rather loudly?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG