Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Hey, dudes!
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:03 pm 
Been reading this comic for... I dunno, since I was 23 or so? Anyway, I'm just saying hi, but I had an important question: Why is it that I "cannot" comment on anything in the reactions board, or pretty much anywhere else?

Post subject: Re: Hey, dudes!
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Zero_Zulu_Seven_Niner!

Well, now you can comment in those areas since you have proven you're an actual person and have been approved. You are only allowed to comment in Introductions at first to weed out the real people from the spammers. I think you should have received and email telling you to post here first.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:54 am 
Hang 10, mate!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:07 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Welcome to the forum Zero_Zulu_Seven_Niner!

Well, now you can comment in those areas since you have proven you're an actual person and have been approved. You are only allowed to comment in Introductions at first to weed out the real people from the spammers. I think you should have received and email telling you to post here first.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

No clean haiku comes to mind. Really, the only thing I can come up with, is

"You go screw yourself.
I can suggest a good toy;
I screw me with it."

That's entirely unacceptable though, isn't it?

What about...

"I write a haiku,
From myself, to your own self.
This is a haiku."

That should be acceptable, no?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Poetry... Yes that will be sufficient for you to receive a gift. Unfortunately your gift took longer to get than was expected. It was not cooperating.

You get, a Hyper-Sloth!

It looks like a regular sloth but it moves really fast. I don't mean it moves like a gazelle now. I mean it breaks the sound barrier when it moves. If you didn't know it, it would seem as if it teleports.

What is it good for? Well, um, I'm not really sure. But I don't have to deal with it now. It's your...pet now.

Enjoy!

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:44 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Um, I'm going to go with... a surf board.

POOF!
*Returns to Relative Obscurity*

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:23 pm 
An assortment of mismatched socks is dropped from the Fool's Folly.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions