Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:39 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix grabs three gold bars and tucks them away. He also takes a quick moment to see if the truck has been disturbed and maybe take a guess to see if any of the gold has been stolen. Once he's ready to go, he'll head to the Basilica and see about gaining entry. Fingers crossed that the guards don't ask too many questions about why he's bringing gold in...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:08 am 
There's no sign of a disturbance on the truck.

--------------

The Archprelate's Guard at the entrance to the Basilica looks over the gold bars, then he looks up at Felix, with only one question on his lips. "If you use that as a blunt weapon to hit anyone with, then you will never see the light of the sun again, understood?"

Assuming that you promise not to use your gold as a blunt weapon, you'll then be free to carry it on into the other thread.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:31 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
On Coms:

NATE, TRY A RELATIVISTIC HEAD SHOT IF YOU THINK SUCH A THING IS POSSIBLE. TARGET: SEEKER.

USE THE LIGHTNING SATELLITE....THING TO SPOT FOR YOU.

Off coms, a shrill whistle.

"Piper, if you can hear me, can you teach me how to pray to the Elene God?"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:13 am 
"You can just talk to him," says Piper, from right behind Roger. (Was she there a second ago? She wasn't there a minute ago...) "You're in his city, trust me when I say he can hear you."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:31 pm 
On Coms, again.

" SCRATCH THAT. QUANTUM HEAD SHOT AS RELATIVISTIC FORCES ARE LESS LIKELY TO NUKE US TOO BUT HOPEFULLY YOU KNEW THAT ALREADY. "

"Dear Elene God,
If you could just start moving the weather towards whatever would be the worst possible for the Zom Bees on the other side of the wall, that would be juuust swell. Okay? Thanks. Bye!"

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:33 am 
"Well, you heard him," says Piper. And then, a moment later, "Don't you go making excuses! So he's not one of your faithful, so what?"

"There's no rule that says you can't! I know! I checked!"

"Yes I did! Just because I know how to be spontaneous doesn't mean I don't know what the rules are!"

"Then use your imagination! You're supposed to be smart!"

Piper rolls her eyes. "You might want to be a bit more explicit about what sort of weather you think will help," she finally tells Roger.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:17 am 
"Easy. On my planet it would be snow and ice. So I'm going to go with that. Not an immediate blizzard mind you. Just moving in that direction."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:30 am 
Piper glares at something that's not Roger.

"Climate is not a rule you hidebound old codger!"

"No, it's not. It's a suggestion."

"Ugh." Piper faces Roger. "You'll be lucky if you get a chilly breeze. Because someone is enough of a rules-following chump that he'd set his own house on fire if you filled out the right form."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:21 pm 
Roger is still busy preparing his insecticide smoke bombs, when there's a sudden explosive noise from the walls. He looks out the window, just in time to see the second boulder flying through the air.

"Something's changed," says Piper. "They haven't finished conquering the Outer City yet. But they're attacking the inner walls now."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix wrote:
"Sir Sparhawk, please respond! You're needed in the Basilica at once!"

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:01 pm 
"Or they just got bored. The protective enchantment preventing us from shooting out is still up I presume?"

Kajin wrote:
Felix wrote:
"Sir Sparhawk, please respond! You're needed in the Basilica at once!"

"Hmm. Piper, be a dear and find Sir Sparhawk and tell him he's needed in the basilica."

Roger waits for Piper's answer RE: the kinetic wall, gives her a quick hug, then goes out to get a better look. He will radio enemy positions if he can see any.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:32 am 
"Yes," says Piper, "but it's still some distance away from the inner wall."

Roger gets all the way from Dolmant's estate to the inner wall. This takes almost exactly as long as it takes Felix to get there from the Basilica.

The enemy have two catapults, which are placed well beyond the Kinetic Wall and manned by Martel's mercenaries (one of them is captained by Martel himself). The mercenaries are also checking for traps along a fairly narrow area, allowing the Seeker to push forward the kinetic barrier along that area specifically; the Seeker itself is staying well behind the barrier, chirping and buzzing and waving its limbs about in some complicated manner.

The Seeker's controlled troops are directly assaulting the wall, marching along carrying ladders. The defenders on the walls are trying to stop them with crossbow bolts; however, the Controlled troops ignore any wound that's not immediately lethal, making them hard to actually stop.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
No sign of Sir Sparhawk?

Felix does his best to have a look around to try and find him, soliciting Talen's help where possible. Now is just the worst time to be unable to find someone...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:01 pm 
Arkady wrote:
"Please tell me one of you has remembered to bring the machine gun to the wall. Stopping a rush is being exactly what they are made for."

Roger hurries to set up the machine gun as soon as possible. Once he's finished, he will start firing with total aban-, uh, controlled bursts.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:11 am 
Neither Felix nor Talen can find any sign of Sir Sparhawk out here. He doesn't seem to be on the walls at all. Most odd!

Asking around brings the news that he was most recently seen striding purposefully into the city, having left the defense of the walls in charge of one of the other Knights. Kurik (who's not a Knight but tends to accompany them) is of the opinion that Sparhawk was headed for the Basilica.

Roger: Guns +2 Roll -1 Total +1

Roger easily mows down the front rank of the Seeker's victims. Instead of trampling the bodies, the second rank promptly start using the bodies of the front rank as human shields. This is of rather limited effectiveness, but it does seem to help them get closer.

Roger also notices Martel (who is well behind the kinetic barrier) pointing directly at him, and then adjusting the aim of his catapult. It doesn't exactly take Einstein to figure out what Martel is aiming at.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG