Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:34 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix eyes about the place to see if Ortzel is in earshot.

"It probably wouldn't hurt to meet with the faction of holdouts and offer them that financial support they desire, assuming that's still a viable option. I'd also like to try and scrounge up more of that insecticide we used at the last siege. If we can force the Seeker to run that wouldn't hurt our odds."

Felix thinks for a moment.

"Us splitting up into teams is probably a good idea. A team to thwart Raven and a team to thwart Martel and the Seeker."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:54 am 
Ortzel is nowhere in sight. While that means he could in theory be listening at the keyhole, this doesn't seem likely, given his personality.

"They're probably already at the Basilica," says Vanire. "Might not be the best idea to make that offer in front of all the other Patriarchs. How are you planning to split?"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:11 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'll head to the wall and see what I can do about the siege," Felix says. He then nods towards Theresa. "I'll send Theresa to the Basilica to assist Arkady in whatever he needs. I'd like it if Nate, Roger, and Sam came to the wall as well unless they have other ideas."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods, then goes over to ruffle Piper's hair. "How are you doing, Piper? You seem quiet."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:19 am 
"I should head off to the Basilica," nods Vanire. "Dawn grows near."

"Can't you feel it?" asks Piper, in a very small voice. "The pressure?"

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:11 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady frowns. "No, and I am not sure I am wanting to try to. Though now I am thinking one of us should look in on Lady Sephrenia. Is there anything we can do to help you, oh Mysterious One?"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I imagine that barrier is the source," Felix says. "If we can figure out how to knock that out then it might help her feel better?"

Felix tries to recall what herbs were used in the herbicide and instructs any of Dolmant's staff willing to help to go to the market and try to find some of it. If Talen is around Felix will ask if he can help with that too.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 am 
"The Seeker," says Piper. "The spell is being cast through the Seeker. If we can bring it down... the barrier will go down too, that's just a symptom... it's making it hard to think..."

Vanire, meanwhile, has headed out with alacrity to check up on something. He comes back in short order with Lady Sephrenia, who doesn't seem to be affected nearly as badly as Piper is; she goes straight to Piper, and hugs her.

Felix is pretty sure he can remember all the herbs. Some of them will need to be purchased from an apothecary, but one of Dolmant's servants is swiftly sent out with a shopping list.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix thinks for a moment. The radios are blocked. The barrier is a side effect? The entities that Felix hypothesizes to be the local deities seem to operate on the radio wavelengths. Piper and apparently also Lady Sephrenia are affected by this spell being cast through the Seeker... The Knights get their use of magic by the grace of the Styric gods, who would likely be located outside the barrier...

"This spell, is it blocking the use of magic? Or something more significant?"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:36 am 
"Velocity..." says Piper. "It's a shield against velocity... anything you throw or shoot through it will just stop..."

"Oh, my," says Sephrenia, continuing to hug Piper, and gently patting her head with one hand. "I'd heard of such things, but I never heard of anyone who thought they were worth the trouble, just to stop a few crossbowmen. I suppose it makes sense, though, given that Azash can't easily directly affect anyone in Chyrellos..."

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:59 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
After considering for a second, Arkady asks Piper: "Is this shield stopping smoke, or just larger things?" Then a thought occurs to him, and he shakes his head. "Perhaps I am being paranoid, but now I am wondering if Azash is looking for something else here. He is risking a lot showing his hand like this; anyone could easily kill Raven as an enemy agent, or his lackeys could turn on him, and then the Elene Church is out of Zemoch hands. Is he thinking there is something else in the city that would be worth it? Or is the endgame simply the massacre of the patriarchs and beheading of their Church before an invasion?"

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:25 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"What's stopping Azash from affecting anything inside Chyrellos?" Felix asks Lady Sephrenia.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:07 am 
"The entire city is dedicated to the worship of the Elene god. He is... how to put this... very much a rule follower."

"He's a stick-in-the-mud who wouldn't know what 'fun' was if it dressed up in bright pink and danced on a soap-box in the town square," adds Piper, her voice muffled by virtue of her face being buried in Sephrenia's shoulder.

"Yes, well," shrugs Sephrenia. "Be that as it may, there are supposed to be rules for how the gods interact with each other. And the penalties for breaking those rules. The Elene god will stick to those rules to the letter; and Azash extending his influence directly into the city would invoke some of those penalties. I don't know whether the shield will stop smoke or not; we can try it, but I don't think there's anything preventing Azash from messing with the wind outside the city. And... I wish I knew what Azash's endgame was, here."

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods, then says "And if worse comes to worst, and we are on the same job here? If what we need to save the queen is already in the city, all of this could help make sure it winds up in the hands of a Zemoch priest."

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:26 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"It's probably safe to assume the control or destruction of the head of the Elene church is at least one goal. Both outcomes would strike terrible blows against the forces opposing Azash," Felix says. "Whether that's the main goal or a bonus goal remains to be seen. We should work to stop this, regardless. Is there any way to take down the barrier or to punch holes through it?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG