Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:44 am 
So I'm wondering how long they've been there... Long enough to have cleared out one area, and long enough for Gwynn to have learned to make cheese...

Also, what are we calling this dimension? "Dimension of_____" is our usual form. So "Dimension of anima?"

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:26 am 
Way, way too long.

I haven't lost interest in the strip like this since Oceans Unmoving...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 am 
I tend to agree, this feels more like OU than it does, say, 4U City, another long stay in another dimension. And while OU wound up being important to the overall story, it was a bit of a slog as it came out in daily form. It works much better to go back and read as a piece, and I think this chapter will wind up much the same. I’m happy Pete is still creating Sluggy, whithersoever his muse leadeth, but I’ll be happier when we get back on familiar ground.

But that wasn’t the question. And now that they’ve Zappo’ed forward in time we have to adjust again. I’d say it’s been at least a few months subjective time for our heroes since they left their home Earth.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 am 
Disagreeing with the oceans unmoving comparison. Oceans was better to read as a whole, agreed. But it also lacked the primary cast. And a lot of otherworldly, unconnected exposition. It felt disconnected for a long while. We're not seeing that here.

I'm pretty happy with this story arc. It's just a bunch of silly stuff happening, and they seem to be moving through time pretty quickly (relative to the number of comics being posted). I'm always on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.

End of the day, you feel how you feel, of course.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat