Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Did you know that Thursday is an eight letter word? I know, it's a waste of letters. It should just by "Thurs" since we already know it's a day. I mean we don't call June, Junemonth do we? No. No we do not.

Or how about the curious case of the five letter word "queue" and the three letter word "cue"? Both are the letter Q with extra steps. One has the correct letter in it with four more letters of nonsense. It's as if somebody's cat that was tripping out on catnip tapped danced on the typewriter one day and its owner said, "Eh, I don't want to correct it. While the other one is just plain delusional since it is pretending to be the letter by having three drunk letters crammed into a trench coat and acting as if nothing is wrong. Yes. Yes it is wrong.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 am 
Torg is the monster slayer! He will get so many kudos for this. Poor Riff.

Nice to see his solemn moment. He is not a natural killer, after all. And maybe the monsters remind him of Aylee, killing humans just to eat and thinking nothing of it.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 am 
Language is arbitrary and painful. But then again, so is a sword to the head. I imagine a giant monster falling into my home would suck, too.

But language definitely has a higher probability of pissing me off. BEAT IT, THURSDAY!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:52 am 
Welcome to Adulting 101. Doing things you really don't want to, but have to do anyways. I know just how Torg feels.

Now, as for Zill's opening post, there is only one logical response.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:24 am 
HEADSHOT!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 am 
On the plus side, you can rebuild the town on sales of King Monster Jerky, for as long as it lasts.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:30 am 
A sword is a sword, doesn't matter that Chaz isn't talking. A blade to the spinal foramen-magnum will do it every time.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Did you know that Thursday is an eight letter word? I know, it's a waste of letters. It should just by "Thurs" since we already know it's a day. I mean we don't call June, Junemonth do we? No. No we do not.

Ah, but it's Thor's Day. IIRC, named so to appease the Goths as they went from northern Europe to Crimea, to Italy, to Iberia and pretty much anywhere they wanted. Also Moon's Day, Tyr's Day, Odin's/Wotan's Day, Frigg's Day. But the Roman god Saturnus got Saturday, at least in English.

Just writing for those who may not know this

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:19 am 
seebert42 wrote:
On the plus side, you can rebuild the town on sales of King Monster Jerky, for as long as it lasts.

You're a glass half full [of blood] kind of person, huh?

I can dig it.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:59 pm 
zil, that's pretty much how i felt reading the 'a song of ice and fire' series. every time grrm came up with another name, i had to wonder:
a) did he let his cat walk across his typewriter?
b) was allergic to names and thus sneezed every time he created a new character?
or
c) use a 20 sided die for determining each letter?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:10 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Silverwalker wrote:
Ah, but it's Thor's Day. IIRC, named so to appease the Goths as they went from northern Europe to Crimea, to Italy, to Iberia and pretty much anywhere they wanted. Also Moon's Day, Tyr's Day, Odin's/Wotan's Day, Frigg's Day. But the Roman god Saturnus got Saturday, at least in English.

Just writing for those who may not know this
That's right, today should be Thors, not Thurs. Darn English. We also could of had the awesome ODINSDAY instead of the boring ol' Wednesday.
tube_rat wrote:
zil, that's pretty much how i felt reading the 'a song of ice and fire' series. every time grrm came up with another name, i had to wonder:
a) did he let his cat walk across his typewriter?
b) was allergic to names and thus sneezed every time he created a new character?
or
c) use a 20 sided die for determining each letter?
I'm pretty sure his cat is actually writing it since it is taking so long. It's harder to type with paws instead of fingers. And in addition, the rolling of the d20 for names would take forever since the cat would bat it all over the place before letting it stop on a number. Then it would get bored and it would be forever before it rolled it again to see what the next letter was.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
...Then it would get bored and it would be forever before it rolled it again to see what the next letter was.

Well? And how long since the previous book came out?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:37 am 
Yeah, Torg, killing the thing you are riding at vast speed high above the ground might not be the best choice...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions