Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:37 am 
“The farm I grew up on had a pseudo petting zoo for schools to come visit and pretend they learned something about farmlife, but that meant I couldn’t curse, so I started saying fluff instead, and now it’s kinda a habit.” She swung her legs off the side of the bed and got up, testing how steady she was before letting go. “Lead the way, Doctor, this should be fun.”

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:01 pm 
"Just this way, then."

--------------

It doesn't take long before Dr. Redgrave meets the first of the other people in this place. She's a pale little girl, with grass-stained feet and a plain white dress, carrying a set of pipes in one hand.

"This is Piper," says Dr. Vanderbilt. "She's one of the natives. We found her in the woods, just outside the ship, very shortly after landing. We have no idea who or where her parents are, but she seems quite happy to stay here with us for the moment."

Piper looks up at Dr. Redgrave contemplatively, then holds up her arms in the universal little-girl signal for 'carry me!'

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:39 pm 
Samantha crouched down, and obligingly opened her arms out to receive hugs.

Always nice to see another fae kid, makes it seem less lonely around here. I hear you like sugar too; has someone explained chocolate to you yet?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:59 pm 
Piper hugs enthusiastically, but nods mournfully. "They say it's going to be a long time before there's any chocolate here," she says, sadly. "What does 'fae' mean?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:55 pm 
Terrans have a lot of different names for them, but almost every kind of Terran has a story about magic elves who live in the woods and play with Terrans, but since they’re not human their definition of ‘play’ can change. One of the stories talks about how fae will take Terran children and replace them with fae children who look exactly like them but acts a little different , until the human child isn’t interesting anymore, and then they switch back. They’re called Changlings, my parents used to joke that I was one. Samantha easily swung Piper up onto her hip, the silver-gilded chain on her neck glinting in the light. “Amongst many other things, they’re supposed to love sweets and hate iron. And inspire nature to grow in new and interesting ways. So, Miss Piper, if by crazy random happenstance the cocoa beans and the vanilla seeds both survive the trip, and by the grace of the gods of sugar and happiness their propagation was somehow accelerated past the minimum normal three year wait time, I could not only show you chocolate, but I could show you pasteries, too. I have a feeling you’ll like chocolate covered strawberries. If they survived,of course.

Samantha looked back over to Dr Vanderbilt and smiled. “I like this tour already. I’m sure nothing will top the first stop.”

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:12 am 
Piper nods, with all the seriousness of youth. "I'd love to try this chocolate," she says. "Maybe things will happen."

Samantha: Alertness: +2 Roll: -1 Total: +1 Target: +4

"Yes, I imagine our next stop will not be nearly as pleasant. David's not in a good mood," offers Dr. Vanderbilt.

--------------

David is, indeed, not in a good mood, though the target of his wrath is apparently not Samantha. Nonetheless, he glares at her when he is introduced. "Can you understand what this child says?" he asks her.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 am 
“Well, I was woken up by the invisible stranger out of your...decided schedule.” Samantha let herself smile, big and disarming. “Good thing I was, too, before any happened that would make our agricultural efforts unsustainable or eco friendly. I’ve caught up on all the progress briefings, and ready to start as soon as possible!”

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:17 pm 
"Excellent. The faster we can speed up food production, the faster we can wake up everyone else. But first, could you ask this little one why she so deliberately covered every single camera in the locked server room with hats?"

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:17 pm 
Samantha blinked, and looked at Piper.

Hey, Tiny? Would you have happened to have gone into a server room and covered the security cameras?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:09 am 
"What's a security camera?" asks Piper. "What's a server room?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:31 am 
“She doesn’t seem to understand what servers or security cameras are, which I feel would be an important step in finding them to cover in hats.”

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:15 pm 
"That she did it is not in dispute," says David, firmly. "The cameras may not have been able to see anything while covered, but they did see her putting hats on them. I want to know why."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 pm 
Another blink.

"Why'd you put hats on things, Tiny?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:08 am 
"I put the hats where they had to go."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:30 am 
Can you tell me why, Tiny? Or if you can’t, why not? He’s only gonna get madder the longer he feels like he’s being blown off.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG