Things still not okay
Little creatures come to prey
Torg with Chaz will slay

-----
Vote Sluggy Freelance
At Top Web Comics you should
Please vote everyday

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:12 am 
I've been having some trouble seeing what's supposed to be going on with these monsters since they've been introduced. I can't tell what's happening in the last panel. It's probably supposed to look ominous, but I'm just left with the impression that the monster's sulking because they've all left to fight other monsters.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:08 am 
Me either. It took a while just to figure out the monster in the last panel was the sea monster and not the forest monster getting back up.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:20 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I've been having some trouble seeing what's supposed to be going on with these monsters since they've been introduced. I can't tell what's happening in the last panel. It's probably supposed to look ominous, but I'm just left with the impression that the monster's sulking because they've all left to fight other monsters.

I'm finding it difficult too but historically I have trouble following the "action" panels in most comics.

I think today's final panel shows the Sea Eeoh (for want of an official name) is still there, picking the villagers up from behind and munching them down like popcorn while the Nifty Gang and the Villager Tribe are focusing on the Hammerhead Spawn.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:11 am 
May I say that the artwork of this comic is simply amazing! Well done, Pete!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:51 am 
This one took a while to piece together for me too: It looks like one of the natives looks confused (one squinty eye one wide eye on his animus) and other is surprised/horrified (wide eyed animus). You can then follow the surprised one in the next few panels as she joins Riff and Torg in the battle (and Dr. Biyu to the buffet?). You also see spears flying towards the hammerhead/land monsters.

My first thought when they attacked the hammerhead/land monsters was that the hammerheads were there to help and Riff/Torg had just messed up by killing the big one. Between them not having animus and the natives joining in on the fight - I was clearly wrong.

That last panel is ominous, an unchallenged giant sea monster running amok. I hope Chad is up to the task and Dr. Biyu is hungry. Also, does Riff ever have to recharge his laser cannons?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
I would have prioritized shooting at the monster that was already eating people, rather than the one that hadn't yet done anything apart from being big and loud. Primarily because the sea monster was the more immediate threat, but also because it wasn't clear that the hammerhead was even planning to attack any humans.

I notice that the hammerheads have opposable thumbs. I wonder whether they're intelligent enough to use them.

Freecain wrote:
My first thought when they attacked the hammerhead/land monsters was that the hammerheads were there to help and Riff/Torg had just messed up by killing the big one. Between them not having animus and the natives joining in on the fight - I was clearly wrong.

Well, now that the young hammerheads are counterattacking the two-legged creatures who killed their mommy, the natives have little choice but to fight.

Freecain wrote:
Also, does Riff ever have to recharge his laser cannons?

That is a very good question.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:27 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Freecain wrote:

Yes. Yes he does.

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 1999-12-02

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:08 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Freecain wrote:

Yes. Yes he does.

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 1999-12-02

That was the original, solid laser cannon. The inflatable model might run on air. ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 pm 
Where are Gwynn and Zoe?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions