Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Is the rest of the party outside or inside at this point?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm 
Roger and Felix are at the top of the wall. Arkady might have or might not have followed them, and Nate is... somewhere around the place, inside the castle walls (exact location awaiting Balthazar's next post).

Sir Ulath disapproves of the Wanted notices - not that he doesn't think it's a good idea, but Martel is a seasoned warrior and some poor miller's son trying to capture him will just get killed. But if a reward is offered for any information leading to Martel being found instead of for Martel himself, then Sir Ulath will be fully in support of that.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
A reward for information is acceptable. Not that I expect to capture him from this but every bit of pressure against our foes helps. We should set aside half of all the gold we mine as a reward, unless the Church Knights are willing to foot the bill?

Last edited by Kajin on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:15 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
How's saving the Queen going to work, mechanically? You've said that the more time we take the more likely it'll work but how will it work in game? Every month gets a Preparation Aspect? Every new technology and technique we bring in such as Stem Cells, Dialysis Machine, and Darestem Cure gets its own aspect?

How is this going to work?

I want to talk to the Bandit King and see if I can trade for the children under his employ and set up a Terran School System for them instead. I'm sure there's something we can do for him that would cause him to agree. First thing we teach them is English so they can act as translators.

Bath houses. We should go to Cimmura and use our technology to set up bath houses. A private, luxury bath house for the rich and a Japanese style shower and pool bath house for the poor. Make some money that way. The gold from the mine can help us set it up. I'll radio back to David and see if he thinks this is a good business venture, alongside setting up clinics inside the city proper.

Last edited by Kajin on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Does anyone mind if we set up a Democratic Constitutional Monarchy for the Terran people? Basically a lifelong king that gets elected, but serves mostly as a figurehead for Pandora City and as a diplomat to meet with and marry off to other royals and nobles from other countries. A Prime Minister or President would serve as the actual leader. Say Felix gets elected king and Captain Argent is elected President.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:08 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The colonists might have a thought or two on that subject.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I can convince them. I want to know what you guys think about it. Good idea or no? Having a fake monarchy to hobnob with other royals could offer us great boons.

Oh. I have a brilliant idea to get around Ortzel's ban on magic. We invite the Knights to our church and welcome them as Knights Terra. Terrans have freedom of religion and as such there's no reason our church can't have a pantheon that includes the Elene god. Most church knights might be against it, but if we can even get a few that'd be nice.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:00 am 
Kajin wrote:
A reward for information is acceptable. Not that I expect to capture him from this but every bit of pressure against our foes helps. We should set aside half of all the gold we mine as a reward, unless the Church Knights are willing to foot the bill?

The Church Knights are not willing to foot the bill, on the basis that they have a budget and putting that money aside in the hope of information which they doubt would ever come will mess with their budget in places that really need the money. (Also, while they're in favour of the attempt, they doubt anything will come of it).

Kajin wrote:
How's saving the Queen going to work, mechanically?

- There are, in this world, means of improving your chances of saving the Queen that you haven't found yet. Taking more time means more chance of finding these means.
- There are other things you can do to add beneficial Aspects to the odds of saving the Queen; these Aspects would then be usable.
- The required Medicine/Science role gets a (fairly minor) plus for the more time Dr. Vanderbilt has to work on the problem.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:01 am 
Anyone seen Balthazar lately?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:00 am 
Sorry guys, it's been a busy month for me. I'll get a post up ASAP.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Are the Church Knights willing to suggest a weight in gold we can set aside from the mine for the reward?

Note to self: negotiation tactic with Ortzel. The church uses magic until knights and armies can be trained and equipped in terran technology to replace magic sufficiently.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:15 am 
Hey Balthazar! Good to see you still around!

Kajin wrote:
Are the Church Knights willing to suggest a weight in gold we can set aside from the mine for the reward?

If you chat a while with Sir Ulath, you'll end up with three options:

- A little bit of gold, likely to encourage someone to step forward but unlikely to gather any false leads;
- A medium amount of gold, more likely to encourage someone to step forward but may gather some false leads;
- A large amount of gold, almost certain to encourage anyone with genuine information to step forward but equally certain to encourage a lot of people without genuine information to make something up in the hopes of getting hold of the gold.

You can pick any one of these three.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We'll set aside 10% of the gold we mine and accumulate reward over time, updating reward amounts in towns as we travel. Chasing leads can be time spent trading and searching for a magic item as well, so there's no huge loss in us following false leads.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:27 am 
Just make sure it a reward for information leading to the arrest (or death) of Martel.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'd prefer arrest. I think we can squeeze a lot of information out of him if we take him alive.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG