Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady stares at the countess. "She is still possessed. Ivan, unlock this door; we may need to go in quickly." Once the door is unlocked he takes out his bible and continues the exorcism he started downstairs.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:17 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Remebering Nate's comment from before ("It doesn't like fire") Roger looks for a torch, but will settle for a candle.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:09 am 
Piper sniffles. "Every god has their own Heaven," she says. "But they didn't deserve what happened to them before they got there, none of them did."

---------------

"If you're sure, gentlemen." Ivan unlocks the door and steps back.

Arkady begins his exorcism, expelling all foreign influences from the Countess's soul -

Arkady: Mysteries: +4 Roll: +0 Total: +4

...how strange. It seems that there are no foreign influences in there to exorcise.

But, foreign influences or not, the Countess launches herself at Arkady, screaming like a madwoman...

Countess: Fists: +0 Roll: +0 Total: +0
Arkady: Endurance: +1 Roll: +0 Total: +1

Arkady dodges the charge, and Sir Ulath promptly steps in, dropping his borrowed axe and fighting bare-handed.

Sir Ulath: Fists: +3 Roll: +1 Total: +4
Countess: Fists: +0 Roll: -2 Total: -2
Countess: OOOOO Minor consequence: Winded

A fist to the stomach knocks the air from her lungs, leaving her gasping for breath.

Dodger grabs a lit torch from a wall in the passage, but (fortunately?) there doesn't appear to be any sort of phantom to use it against, and it looks like Sir Ulath has the Countess well in hand, at least physically.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:09 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks down at the countess, then at Piper. "You are right, Piper; they did not. They suffered simply so this one could enjoy it. But this one...there is nothing foreign in her for me to cast out. The only soul in there is the succubus. It is looking like the countess was already damned for her lust for beauty before anyone else died." He looks back at the woman. "Will it get the freedom to leave that body again? Or is it stuck in there now?"

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Don't worry about that anymore, put it out of your mind. We'll go back to the ship and get you a big bowl of ice cream to make you feel better, does that sound like it would be good? I'll even see about getting you that puppy or kitty just like I promised."

Felix does his best to cheer up Piper.

"Can you be a brave girl? If we did all that?"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:43 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Arkady looks down at the countess. "This one...there is nothing foreign in her for me to cast out. The only soul in there is the succubus. It is looking like the countess was already damned for her lust for beauty before anyone else died." He looks back at the woman. "Will it get the freedom to leave that body again? Or is it stuck in there now?"

"No idea," grunts Sir Ulath, pinning the Countess easily. "If she could let it out right now, she would. We could always behead her, to be on the safe side..."

"Please, no," says Ivan, helping to hold the Countess down. "Despite what she is... it wouldn't be right to just kill her. Besides, the Count is a good man, he would prefer his sister alive..."

--------------

Kajin wrote:
"Don't worry about that anymore, put it out of your mind. We'll go back to the ship and get you a big bowl of ice cream to make you feel better, does that sound like it would be good? I'll even see about getting you that puppy or kitty just like I promised."

Felix does his best to cheer up Piper.

"Can you be a brave girl? If we did all that?"

Piper gives Felix a Look.

"Well, somebody needs to mourn them!" she snaps, irritably.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "It is not our decision to make, Sir Ulath. If she's trapped in that body, then let's put her back in the cell and tell the count what happened. He can deal with her as he will. Hopefully he will choose wisely."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"We can hold a service and give them a proper funeral. Arkady can do a sermon. They'll be missed, I was just trying to cheer you up."

Felix continues to try and console Piper, a bit more warily now. He forgot Piper was more than the little girl she appears for a moment.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:19 am 
Sir Ulath shrugs. He shoves the Countess back into her room, then slams and locks the door. "Might as well," he grunts.

--------------

Piper appears somewhat mollified by Felix' promise, and returns to simply sobbing into his shoulder, mourning the Countess' victims.

--------------

Arkady, Roger, at al. follow Ivan back to the Count's study, where they meet him just busy extinguishing the last of the lanterns (presumably in preparation of retiring for the night).

"Is... there something wrong, gentlemen?" he asks, as the group approaches.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:25 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix stays quiet and just let's Piper do her thing.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:13 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods once. "Yes, my lord; something is wrong. We just cleansed your sister's shrine. Perhaps you can tell us what we found when we visited her cell afterwards."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:53 am 
The Count looks worried. "She didn't get loose, did she?"

"No, my Lord," replies Ivan at once. "She remains safely contained."

The Count breathes a slight sigh of relief at these words. "Well, gentlemen, I most certainly did not intend to drag you into the unhappiness of this house, but it is sadly true. My sister is - troubled - in her mind. For her safety and the safety of others, we are unfortunately forced to keep her in confinement..."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head. "Your sister is not troubled. She is gone. There is no spirit in her body but that of a succubus, which we all saw and fought in her shrine." After half a second, he goes on: "Your sister sold her soul to a dark power for the beauty she thought she was needing to win a husband. I would like to know who arranged the sale."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix remains where he is, allowing Piper to cry herself out.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 am 
"She what?" The Count blinks, twice. "I - I knew there was something, but -"

Ivan clears his throat. "My lord, she has returned to the appearance that she used to have, before. If anything, though, she is less coherent and more violent, though that may merely be anger."

"I... see." The Count nods. "Thank you, Ivan. If you would tell these gentlemen about... you were the eyewitness, after all."

Ivan nods. "Of course, sir." He turns towards the group. "Before this... began, the Countess left the Castle several times to speak with two people. Their meetings seemed accidental at first, but it swiftly became clear that these were pre-arranged; on occasion, when the Count was out, they even met within the Castle. It was after one such occasion that the Countess' appearance... changed." Ivan pauses to take a breath. "The two men in question - they helped to set up the, ah, room in the cellar. One I can remember clearly; tall, broad-shouldered, in expensive gilt-edged black armour." Ivan describes the man further, and it is swiftly clear that he is talking of either Martel, or possibly someone with a truly remarkable resemblance to Martel. "Of the other," continues Ivan, I can unfortunately say little. He would wear a brown robe with the hood down, and I never saw more of him than that. For some reason, it is... difficult to remember personal details about him, further than that most basic description."

--------------

It takes some time for Piper to cry herself out, and by the end of it Felix has been told the names of several of the Countess' other victims. Eventually, though, her small body (apparently) tired out, she curls up and falls asleep on Felix' lap.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG