Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:44 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Depending on who made it, a .45 ACP will penetrate 4-12 inches of pine board with the hole getting bigger as it travels. Half a foot seems to be the median for simple ball ammunition.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:40 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix will spend a fate point to destroy the sails. If someone else doesn't pick up the tab for the tide he'll cover it too.

Hoping for something easily repaired, but not so quickly we won't get the chance to board. I'm not going to rule out needing the ship in good order sometime in the immediate future.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:45 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Does anyone else want to pay the fate point for the tides? Felix won't have any points left after this if he pays both.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:57 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The tide doesn't usually move ships out to sea; it's rare the dock is lined up so the current pulls the ship clear and not simply back into the dock or into another ship. That said, if needs must (and he has it) Arkady will pay a fate point for an onshore wind. That way they'll need to push the ship clear and/or do some rowing to get out far enough to start sailing.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:24 am 
Martel pushing Nathan back into the water wasn't an attack, but a maneuver - that is, the aim was not to damage Nathan, but to force him off the boat and into the water. For this reason, even Martel's success failed to do any actual damage to Nathan.

FATE point totals:

Fate points remaining: Felix: 1 Arkady: 1 Nathan: 1 Roger: 10

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Random question. Nate's consequence for Death Defiance was the possession, right?

Another: do the nearby farming villages have their own mills? It might be worth it to buy the mills outright or build ones ourselves so we can take flour as payment for the milling process.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 am 
Kajin wrote:
Random question. Nate's consequence for Death Defiance was the possession, right?

No, the Consequence for his Death Defiance was... Bruised Ribs, I think?

Either way, it's a Minor Consequence - it'll heal up fine given about five minutes of downtime. No, the possession was the result of a few private messages about what Nate did while off-camera.

Kajin wrote:
Another: do the nearby farming villages have their own mills? It might be worth it to buy the mills outright or build ones ourselves so we can take flour as payment for the milling process.

It would make sense for them to have their own mills, wouldn't it? Great big windmills giving genuine stone-ground flour with only the occasional bit of actual stone in there.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Given the current economic climate it's likely that the mill is owned by the local noble or a rich merchant who lets the farmers use it in exchange for a a cut of the resulting flour. It might also be that one mill services several nearby towns.

So we could go sell a couple clocks or a set of aluminum silverware and buy the mill outright.

Remind me to check the local merchants for prices on aluminum. From what I understand it used to be more valuable than gold until we learned how to refine it from ore instead of relying on natural clumps of pure stuff. Could be they haven't learned yet. Next refresh I might spend a fate point to make it so.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:13 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Iron and copper can occasionally be found in the native state in hard rock mining, not aluminum (it bonds too tightly with oxygen for the same natural process to work). The reason it was so expensive is that before electricity the only way to refine it was with a long and tedious process of treating it with acids and bases in just the right order (and of course those chemicals had to be made the hard way). If the locals even know what it is, it's alchemist metal.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:24 am 
Why not put up your own mills? Ones that can produce extra-fine flour without bits of stone in it?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:59 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Could be a good idea, though we'd still have to buy out the rich owners of the current mills to avoid... Unpleasantness.

Speaking of, how quickly can Felix repair the damage done to the ship? Even if it's just a quick jury rig to get us out to sea. I have a plan and it largely involves us not being here anymore.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:14 am 
The ship still floats and the oars are fine. If you don't mind not actually sailing and can spare a few people to row, and can get to the rowing area belowdecks without Martel or anyone else down there messing things up for you, then you can get out to sea, and there should be enough spare ropes on board to fix up the rigging while you're underway.

You won't be fast, by any means.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:36 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The complicated part would be getting a reprieve long enough to get out of boarding range, but with liberal application of flashbangs, tear gas and smoke grenades I think I can buy us a way out.

My main question would be whether or not Sir Sparhawk is willing to take things so far as becoming privateers and outlaws to this nation.

EDIT
If Sir Sparhawk gives the go ahead to continue or if the police attack us Felix will press the detonator in his hands and set off the tear gas canisters in that fanny pack. I'd assume this is something he'd have on him given that this is what he does and we haven't used any of our explosives since we got here, but if not I'd like to spend my last fate point to have Felix False's Every Flavor Party Favor Grenade Cache

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 am 
Technically, him being a Church Knight is already very close to being an outlaw in this nation (there's a reason he's not going about in full armour).

Felix having a pile of tear gas canisters is fine; having them conveniently stored in his fanny pack and the right detonator up his sleeve so he can detonate them without reaching into his pocket is probably worth a FATE point, though.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So Sir Sparhawk is fine with going against the police and pursuing Martel so long as whatever I do doesn't kill them?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG