Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:15 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"This puts my mind at ease, somewhat, that we independently arrived to similar conclusions," Felix says. "It makes me think the odds of this information being false or falsified are that much lower. I was dreading the possibility that this was going to be a costly diversion."

Felix smiles wearily.

"I take it you were heading to Rendor in order to obtain this magical means of curing the Queen?"

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady contemplates Lady Sephrenia for a second, then says "Before we left his chapter house, Sir Vanire and I spoke of the spell which preserves the Queen. He did not want me to speak of it openly, but said if I meet you I might be speaking freely. May I?" Assuming she consents...

"When I saw the crystal I saw something. 12 swords raised, life flowing from the crystal to the dying woman, and a Styric woman collapsing to the floor. The bearer of one of those swords was murdered by the demon, but I'm told the other 11 can keep supplying life to that crystal for some time and are all willing to do so. To set my self at ease I include them all in my prayers along with the Queen." He nods to himself, and continues: "You are appearing to be the woman who collapsed. Are you paying a similar price?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 am 
Sir Sparhawk nods. "Obtain or investigate."

Sephrenia nods to give Arkady permission.

"You see further than the average Elene," she says, once he has said his piece. "To answer your question, yes. The price is one that I knew I would pay, and accepted in advance; Sir Parasim's death does not, by itself, pose a threat to the Queen."

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:00 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Alright," Felix nods. "We work our respective ends and meet in the middle, hopefully with magical and non-magical potential cures on hand by the end. All we really need ourselves is a few samples of the Darestim to begin synthesizing an antidote. The more samples the better, that way we can do rigorous testing on lab animals to see what makes for the most effective cure."

Felix frowns.

"Before I forget..." He pulls out a tablet and starts flicking through the icons until he gets to the photo bin. "An elderly Styric man calling himself Zalasbra stopped by, claiming himself a scholar and saying he wanted to study our city. We couldn't figure a reason to disbelieve him or think that he might try to bring us harm, but I would like some independent verification on him if at all possible. It never hurts to be careful."

Felix holds up the tablet to show the picture.

"Do you know him?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady listens to Lady Sephrenia, then nods. "One more question, then. If it can be told, what happened to Sir Parasim's sword?"

While Felix questions the locals about Zalasbra, Arkady turns to look at Piper. "Bugs in his hair?"

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:31 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix looks at Arkady and Piper and shrugs.

"The fact that Piper didn't object to his presence was a pretty big point in his favor," he says. "Still, though. I might just be getting paranoid in my old age, but I'd feel better if I had more than one character witness."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 am 
The Lady Sephrenia nods. "I do know him," she says."There are not many powerful Styric magicians, and we all know each other. Zalasbra and I grew up together - though we are not directly related, I always saw him I might as an older brother. Sir Parasim's sword is in my possession - this is a side effect of the spell that sustains the Queen."

She looks at Piper with a frown. "Did you put bugs in his -"

Piper shakes her head, rapidly.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Alright, I feel more at ease," Felix says, leaning back in his chair. "If that's everything, we should maybe see about that ship, then?"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks at their young guide. "Do you have any suggestions about finding passage, Talen?"

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:11 pm 
Talen shrugs. "One ship's as good as another, guv," he says.

"No need for us all to go trooping off to the docks and attracting attention," says Sir Sparhawk, standing up. "I'll go arrange a ship for all of us." He takes a quick headcount of the people present, confirm that your group has noone else, and heads off towards the dock.

--------------

Sir Sparhawk presently returns, and tells you that he has booked a passage on a ship that will depart with the next tide, first thing in the morning. He has also taken the initiative to book rooms for everyone in a local inn - someplace clean and tidy. Morning eventually turns up, as mornings do, and Sir Sparhawk leads the party down to the docks, towards a small ship with a mermaid on the prow.

"Master Cluff!" calls out the ship captain, in greeting, when he sees the combined group approaching. "You do have a rather large household retinue! Well, come aboard, come aboard, all of you, let's get you over into Rendor, shall we? Hurry on down into the ship, let's hope the cousins haven't spotted you..."

Lady Sephrenia leans close to Sparhawk. "Why did you tell him we needed to cross into Rendor?" she whispers.

"I'll tell you later." he whispers back.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix doesn't do or say much of import beyond having a conversation with Theresa trying to teach her the local language to the best of his ability. It'd be helpful if she understood what everyone was saying, so he'll be spending much of his downtime tutoring her in this regard.

He boards the ship with everyone else without much fanfare.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Thinking to himself how little this has in common with his last time at sea, on a worn out 5,000 ton Black Sea ferry, Arkady boards the ship. After a little while he starts to hum the song of the Volga Boatmen to himself. "Do you like boats, Piper?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 am 
Piper nods, looking our over the waves. Then she looks up at Arkady. "Can I have a pet?" She points into the distance. "There's some very nice whales over that way."

Theresa starts learning how to pronounce a few local words, though her accent is atrocious (to the point where her pronouncuation of 'boat' sounds like 'camel' - the two words being pretty similar in Elene)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:04 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks out to sea, then back at Piper. "I do not think the whales would be finding Rendor to be very pleasant, and they might not like the idea of being your pet. They may be welcoming a friend for a while, if the crew of this ship doesn't mind having whales around."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:43 pm 
Nate gets his gear squared away before heading back up to learn all he can about how the ship works and is run, while doing his best to stay out of everyone's way.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG