Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:40 pm 
"Just the ones that don't have easily available antidotes, or do you want those too?"

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Antidotes aside, a poison can easily be a medicine for an illness or disease if one finds the right method of refinement or the proper angle for application," Felix says. "It's why I wanted to get a whole bunch of samples at once."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:44 pm 
"You'll pay cash on delivery, then," says the enormously fat thief. "Now go."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Alright," Felix nods his head. He pats Piper on the head and turns to go, leading the group away unless someone else has anything to say. He's hoping Piper will understand his intent and give them some of that invisibility she did before. Once they're out, they'll need to head to the Pandion's so they can drop off the heavy gear they brought before going to meet Talen so the city guards don't get suspicious of them.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:42 am 
Piper makes no attempt to restore their invisibility, and, in turn, the thieves make no attempt to stop the group from leaving. She does restore it for purposes of getting past the gate guards with their heavy weaponry, though, but only when well away from the Guild.

Berit gives Vanire a brief summary of the meeting.

--------------

Where to now? Talen may or may not still be at Harga's House of Ribs; you could try to visit the Palace again, or track down the Earl of Lenda to see what he has to say.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Anyone want to visit the Earl of Lenda? I've been wanting to talk to him forever now and we may have the time to kill while waiting for them to get prepared for the journey."

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 pm 
"Sure. I have a few questions that he might be able to answer. And the small matter of lunch has yet to be adequately resolved."

Nate ponders.

"I'd also like to track down a good healer, and have a chat with them. See if they'd be willing to participate in the free exchange of knowledge and ideas, and maybe head to the ship to talk to Dr. Vanderbilt."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:43 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks dubious. "Men do not give away their...'stock and trade' to any stranger or competitor who asks." He shrugs. "When we cure the Queen, I think then some will talk to us. They will be wanting lessons."

"But now, perhaps someone can invite the Earl to lunch for us. I do not think it will be a favor to him if the Primate hears we were at his door." He looks around and adds "I wonder if he has any old friends in this order? Men he might visit?"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:34 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Last time he didn't care too much about us visiting with him for tea, but he definitely didn't want to be seen in the company of Pandions lest the Primate think he might be plotting something," Felix says. "We should send a runner with a message and meet at that tea house that he wanted to meet with us at last time, I think."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:15 pm 
Piper looks alert at the moment Felix mentions sending a runner.

She refuses to go without a sufficient payment (a few hair-ruffles, hugs and kisses) but, once satisfied, she takes Felix's note and strolls into the Pandion chapterhouse, in almost exactly the wrong direction. A rapid search doesn't reveal her until, after far too short a time, she turns up right behind Arkady with the Earl of Lenda's written acceptance of their invitation in hand. (The Earl of Lenda's letter is a masterpiece of doublespeak, tentatively accepting 'the proposal outlined in your previous missive' without ever explicitly identifying you, the Earl, or what precisely said proposal was).

--------------

By the time the group gets to the tea shop, the Earl is halfway through his first cup of tea. He nonetheless stands up to greet you. "Gentlemen. I hope nothing too untoward has taken place over these past two weeks?"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Two weeks, is that how long it's been?" Felix asks. "Wow, it's easy to lose track of the time when you're busy."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:38 am 
"Are you sure your calendar's right?" asks Sir Ulath. "We were out of town for at least three weeks."

Berit shakes his head. "Two weeks," he says, firmly.

Sir Ulath grumbles under his breath about people who can't even count days properly.

"Time aside," says the Earl, "the Primate's up to something, and I have no idea what. I don't suppose you've found out anything?"

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:16 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady sips his tea then says quietly "He is having interests in the succession, and friends who...have friends in Rendor and in Hell. Demons aside, I am hearing they are not always easy to tell apart."

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:04 am 
The Earl almost spits out a mouthful of tea. "Demons? Surely... for all his faults, the Primate is still a Churchman. I find it very hard to believe that he would knowingly associate with such ilk - I don't suppose that you have proof that he knew of it, do you?"

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"A monster made of smoke flew out of the mouth of the person we were interrogating," Felix said. "Can't say for sure that he's consorting with demons himself, but the people he hired definitely were involved with an incorporeal magical creature made of burning hot smoke that was incredibly vulnerable to the exorcism rituals of our church's deity."

The Earl of Lenda seems somewhat assured that there won't be any interruptions or intrusions of hostile parties since he's speaking so freely about sensitive information, but just to be sure Felix keeps an eye on the local surroundings.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG