Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:27 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
If we could get a free tag on a Caught by Surprise aspect, since we did just appear out of nowhere in the middle of their base? If not I'd spend a point to tag Arkady's If You Want Something Done aspect, since going out and doing things ourselves is pretty much exactly what we're doing here I'd think it applies.

balthazar wrote:
I'm tempted to just lay it down. "Yes discretion is part of it, and we'll explain that part in time, but mostly we're just tired of people trying to jerk us around. Now are we going for ribs or not? Because it's lunchtime and I'm hungry.

This is so true it hurts, but no reason we can't be a little bit diplomatic about it first. Not that I'm not tempted to tell them that we're going to start putting curses on everything in our pockets if things don't stop going missing...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:31 pm 
Kajin wrote:
If we could get a free tag on a Caught by Surprise aspect

That makes sense to me. Free tag it is.

I've edited the post. It turns out you're all very close to making an enemy.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Quick question. Since you brought us here pretty quickly, can I say we took a few moments before revealing ourselves to place a couple of smoke charges around the room and/or outside the building? In case we need to make a more dynamic exit than we'd intended?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:31 pm 
If and when you decide you need it, I'll allow you to spend a FATE point for retroactive placing of smoke charges.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Since Arkady is the one who realizes what's going on, he's pretty much going to have to speak next. How about something like 'very well, then. The what is that one of the things on our list is being used to commit a high crime, and we've been asked by their associates to create an antidote. The why is that we've already had to send a fire demon back to hell because someone was indiscreet. It's made us all cautious. So we want to buy everything on the list from your organization; and if you can supply them all we'll throw in a few doses of all the antidotes for you to dispose of as you will.'

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Telling them even that much truth could quite possibly cause us some massive problems, if this man is of a mind to dispose of us by way of finding out who we're opposing and sending them after us.

Though if you wanted to go that route you could just say we're doing mercenary work without specifying what type of work or who hired us. You could mention that we need all of those poisons, and that we'd be willing to offer our considerable talents and resources to sweeten the deal. On top of the need to be very discreet, as you said. We've already faced opposition from hostile parties and us coming here was a means of being courteous.

What do you think, balthazar?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:08 pm 
That's the thing, what does this thief king have against us? A note containing a list of poisons, and no forensic tools to link it to us in any concrete way. If he tips off the Primate, who may or may not belive him, he can't do anything overtly about it. Yes, it may raise his suspicions against us, but given how much we've been hanging out with the Pandions, he's probably already suspicious, and will be doing all he can against us covertly. Again, we figured this would happen. We don't have alot to lose, but both parties have much to gain by working together. You don't become a king of theives by letting smart oppertunities pass you by.

By the same token, he's smart enough to see through any half-truths we feed him, and I'm pretty sure he'd be insulted and fed up if we were too vague. Which would be bad in our current situation. I say we go with Weremensh's idea first, with the caviat that more will be explained over lunch, with a much smaller number of people present to cut back on the number of possible leaks. If he turns out to be trustworthy, great. If it comes back to bite us, then we have a much smaller pool of possible suspects to deal with.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
And thus we reach the point where we either find ourselves an ally, or we are forced to make sure no one else leaves this building with knowledge of what we're trying to do.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Eh, we can simply leave. He's rather short on proof, and the primate already suspects. Besides, if this craps out we're going to be leaving town anyway.

And if we're not simply blowing smoke about that demon, he's not going to be in any hurry at all to become connected with us in anyone's mind...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Well, we might just be reporting back in to the ship after all. At least if that transmitter is still here.

Now how are we going to keep this little swine from stealing everything that's not nailed down?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:01 pm 
Well, we can try and convince him that doing so would be detrimental to his health. A demonstration with a grenade might work, or we could just set Piper to watch him. She at least seems trustworthy and reliable.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 am 
He might be good at slipping things out of your pockets, and have underworld contacts, but he's still a young boy. You could get your stuff back easily enough, if he takes it.

You never know, if he's officially journeying with you, he might just keep his hands to himself.

...yeeeeeah, I wouldn't trust him that far either.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:03 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Skipping out like that now would be a bad idea; the little thief we're traveling with needs to be briefed by his boss, which will not happen until the fellow with the note goes to fetch him. Besides, it would draw attention specifically to Piper, which we also would rather not do.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:11 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Ah, I misread and thought we were supposed to deliver it.

Oh well. I guess no one actually has anything to say or do, then. CCC, what's doing?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:08 am 
Er, right. Sorry, that was supposed to be the end of your interview.

Yes, the Thief King is going to throw you out before Talen gets back.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG