Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Welcome to the group :torg:

Would Felix have had any spare time over the past couple weeks? If possible I'd like to have him roll to try and figure out that weird radio disturbance.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:13 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady would want to help with that; he suspects it has something to do with the local magic, but they'd need to build a proper set of antennas (and/or co-opt a mage or two) to test that.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 pm 
I'll do the roll for that after the battle, I think.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:22 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
No roll to establish the aspect I wanted?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:56 pm 
Sorry, I should have mentioned it. Given the situation, you had no chance of failure; your Aspect is there, regardless of roll.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:57 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Isn't Sir Ulath in position to head out a postern right now? Or is there something else in the way?

Oh, and how big are those trees which are now blocking the road? As large as the ones back by the ship, or a mere meter wide?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:22 am 
Sir Ulath headed down off the wall when the mercenaries first appeared. He must have heard the explosion, at least, but he probably doesn't know with any certainty how successful it was.

These trees are a good deal smaller than the ones back at the ship (and significant portions of them are now wood chips instead of wood). A horse can't charge through them, but a horse would probably be able to carefully walk through them. Their longer legs will give them a slight advantage over the average armoured human, despite the difficult terrain, but a good athlete who's not carrying armour is likely to be able to outdistance a horse carrying an armoured rider, at least in the short term.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The horse meat might be mixed with various other stuff and be inedible or otherwise undesirable as a source of food.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:11 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The wood can be cut out, bits of human decently removed (though their armor probably kept that to a minimum). The point for him is that there's more than 70 metric tons of usable meat out there not counting offal and bone, which could probably keep the entire county in soup meat for a year if there's enough salt to be had (or the ship for much longer). For a medieval economy that's quite a windfall. Heck, there have been times in his life when he would have been more than happy if someone had handed him a large chunk of horse meat, no questions asked.

On the other hand they may simply decline to eat horse meat, or any meat killed inappropriately. He won't know until he asks.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix would have to object strenuously to us bringing any back for food. Even if we cooked/smoked it all there'd still be some health concerns. We can't really clean meat that is so tainted. I'd think the locals would object, as well, considering it's covered in human blood and most cultures frown on that.

We can pick through for weapons, armor and various other stuff to sell that may have survived, though.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Tainted? They were killed by flying wood chunks and concussion, not nerve gas or prions. An animal killed by arrows or hit by a car is in the same boat, and both are routinely eaten in the real world.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:14 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Lots of dead mercenaries. Depending on the power of the explosives, a lot of them could have ruptured abdominal cavities. Not something you want to risk getting into your meat. Plus there's all the blood, which is a medical bio hazard on its own.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
That could be an issue for a few animals, but for most any contamination would be gone once they were skinned. Unless the entire road is basically now paved with wood chips and hamburger there should be plenty of suitable horses for butchering.

Mind you, it might be.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:35 am 
We did roll rather highly when setting up the ambush.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:10 am 
I think there'd be a fair amount of usable horsemeat out there.

And when I say "a fair amount", I'm thinking enough that, if it doesn't get dealt with one way or another, there's going to be some pretty severe health concerns for Castle Radun. You don't want seventy metric tons of rotting meat hanging around outside your front door.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG