Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:57 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix ponders for a moment, before nodding his head and speaking in English.

"I suppose that would be sensible. We park our trucks and attend the meeting as a group."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:08 am 
"Of course," says Sir Ulath. "Just this way."

"If you must to deal with them." The Baron rolls his eyes. "I shall go to the Palace and inform the Regent of your arrival. Do not delay unnecessarily."

--------------

The Pandion Chapterhouse is surrounded by a very solidly built wooden wall, along the top of which bored sentries can be seen. The wall is, in turn surrounded by a ditch, the bottom of which is lined with sharpened stakes. The drawbridge is down, but the gates are closed. Sir Ulath rides onto the drawbridge and waits. After a moment, the gates open and three black-armoured Pandion Knights side out.

"Who seeks entry into the house of the Pandions?" asks the lead knight.

"I, Sir Ulath of the Genidian Knights, seek entry for myself, my companions, and their carriages."

"And how may we know you, Sir Ulath of the Genidian Knights?"

"By these three may you know me - by my face, and by my voice, and by this pendant."

The Pandions make a show of carefully inspecting Sir Ulath's pendant.

"And who are your companions, that we may know them?"

"I am accompanied by Felix, Nathan, and Arkady of the Terrans; and a Styric foundling who, as she does not speak, we have named Piper."

The three Pandions ceremonially inspect each of the guests, before continuing.

"Then enter our chapterhouse and be welcome, Sir Ulath of the Genidians, Felix of the Terrans, Nathan of the Terrans, Arkady of the Terrans, and Piper of the Styrics."

The three knights go back through the gates, which are opened for Sir Ulath and the trucks. Inside the gates is a large courtyard; a young lad in chain mail almost drops his bucket down the well at the sight of the trucks, and there are several chainmailed knights around the courtyard.

Last edited by CCC on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:17 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Thank you," Felix nods at the Knights on watch duty. "We appreciate the welcome."

Once inside, Felix, from his vantage point in the back of the truck, looks for a good spot to park the two ungainly non beasts. He also waves at the Knights and lad in the courtyard by way of greeting.

"Hello! I'm Felix."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:42 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods to the knights as he and Piper are inspected, then drives in. He parks the truck where ever he is directed to (assuming someone does) and then shuts it down. Then he gets out and looks around, suspecting there's more ceremony in store here.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 pm 
A knight, his hair gray with age but still clearly fit and strong, strides towards the group. "So you're the Terrans," he says, looking them over. "I am Vanire, Preceptor of the Pandion Knights." He nods at the trucks. "Might I ask by what means those carriages move?"

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:29 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"The full explanation is a long and somewhat complicated process," Felix replies. "The simplest explanation I can give, though? It uses a mixture of highly refined oil that burns with great ferocity inside a block of metal to push a series of pumps in a process similar to how the wind spins the blades of a mill. Instead of transferring energy to a miller's stone, though, it transfers the energy to the wheels of the cart."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:44 pm 
"So it's all mechanics, then? Good. I'm told you're looking to settle in the forest where you appeared?"

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:31 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Kind of have to..." Felix says. "Ship landed there without our say in the matter and we don't have the means to move it, so we're here hoping to establish friendly relations with the Elene people and make an appeal to Elenia for status as a town."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 am 
"It's Crown land, so you'll need Crown support," says Vanire. "Unfortunately, the Crown's going through a bit of trouble at the moment. Young Berit got here three days ago - he says you think you might be able to help the Queen recover from her poison?"

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:11 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix nods.

"It's possible we can help, yeah. We'll have to get equipment ready and bring it up, but we can filter the poison out of her body and help mitigate any long term damages her body has suffered from it."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:02 pm 
"This... filtering. How long would you expect it to take?"

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Hmm..." Felix scratches his head. "I would have to say a few hours. While the blood is filtering we'd be doing everything else in our power to keep her stabilized so the poison doesn't do any further damage while we work. If we could get a sample of whatever the poison used was, we could make an antidote beforehand and that would work a great deal faster depending on the poison itself."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 pm 
"Hmph. Given the state she was in when the preservation spell was cast, once it's removed she might only have minutes. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't want to risk it unless there was no other choice. And that's without going into the difficulties of getting your equipment into the palace... we could do it if and when necessary, but the Primate's faction might try to sabotage something." He shakes his head. "Something to keep in mind for later. If you can help cure the Queen, I'm sure she'll grant you the forest in gratitude... in the meantime, though, you'll have to deal with Lycheas the Bastard. If he, or the Primate, knows you're trying to save the Queen, they'll likely try to evict your countrymen in petty revenge. We've appraised the Earl of Lenda of your situation, and if it comes to that, he'll try to slow down the eviction order as much as he can, and drown it in procedure; but your best chance is still to try to find an antidote for whatever the Queen was poisoned with."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:22 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'd much rather go the antidote route myself," Felix replies. "If we could figure out what it was... From what I could tell given the holographic sight we were shown and the symptoms we were given, I was able to determine the poison was something complex and organic. Derived from a plant or animal of some kind and designed to attack the autonomic systems that keep the heart beating. If we could figure out the source and get a sample, whipping up an antidote would be simple enough."

Felix continues.

"It wouldn't hurt to have the equipment on hand anyway, since there will be further surgery needed to help correct, repair, or otherwise circumnavigate various damages that were done. I'm among the best my people have to offer when it comes to good old fashioned Terran Engineering, so any sabotage done to our equipment will be fixed in short order so long as I'm there."

Quote:
Attempting to establish aspects for the poison for ease of locating it should any rolls come up during investigation.

Organic Origin
For it's complex structure being derived from a plant or animal.

Autonomous Attack
For the poison's method of attacking the body.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady asks: "Would it be possible to get a drop of blood from the queen while she is under the preservation spell?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG