Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:15 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
OK folks, here's the chapter 4 thread. Yaay! Wherein Torg goes on a blind date with Megababe549, teaches Aylee to drive and we meet Mulder and Kruller for the first (and last?) time. First comic is here and the last comic is here.

The comic where the waitress gets shot always throws me for a loop. I always think it's Kruller that shoots her, but she just takes her gun out as a reaction to being shot at.

I love the comic where they run over the only man who knows the secrets of the conspiracy.

((For those who've missed the original discussion on the topic, a bunch of sluggites have decided to reread the entire comic, one chapter a week (or so) until we're all caught up. For some of us, this is a chance to keep track of the [SPOILERS] about [SPOILER], for others, another try at reading everything that's been written, despite wandering away from the comic years ago. Please join us!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Valerie onwards is verboten!))

*Apologies to Sorceress for crimping their style, yo.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:13 am 
I was never a huge Xfiles fan, this chapter did not really do it for me in any way aside from Torg/Alyee interactions.

Torg/Alyee may be my favorite pair for character interactions.

Note I said character interaction, that is not a shipping thing. My favorite ship (this far into the comic) is Gwen/Zo-

:bunbun: ERR I MEAN BUN-BUN/Every baywatch female at once

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:42 am 
You know, I bet that at the end of the comic, when things can't possibly get any worse, Kruller and Muldy will kick in the door and save the day, having finally put everything together.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Ah X-Files references... do you think the Kids These Days TM will even understand this parody???

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
<Spoilers>

I do not "Ship." It's policy.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:56 pm 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
Ah the slug files... things start to get interesting about now -- I don't think I just speak for myself here when I say that I really can't wait for the next chapter though!

balthazar wrote:
You know, I bet that at the end of the comic, when things can't possibly get any worse, Kruller and Muldy will kick in the door and save the day, having finally put everything together.

Well with the way 8-bit theater ended back in the day (not complaining, mind you), I wouldn't put anything past anyone, especially given that we're talking about Pete here!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
<Spoilers>

I do not "Ship." It's policy.

neither do I, I just wanted to use the bun bun emote.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am 
AOL: drachefly
I love the exchange where Riff thinks Torg was making a euphemism.

And Bun-Bun erupting was ace.

I don't like Torg and Riff in the airplane scene.

The fake riff at the party is good, though, especially with the emotional whiplash punchlines.

The Mulder Mad Libs line! Yes! And the truth is you suck! Overdone ham! Felt-tip pen was more expensive! The talking ferret WAS weird! When a story breaks we give you the pieces! The truth is that mulder sucks AGAIN!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 pm 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
drachefly wrote:
I don't like Torg and Riff in the airplane scene.

Ah man I really like that scene! I think the way the sunlight streams in through the windows all super-serene and beautiful is what really does it for me.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:27 pm 
I like to imagine Aylee eating Megababe was Pete promising never to make a character that creepy ever again :P Oh, and the weird meta story where Bun Bun's actor has an affair with the comic's intern and they go to war with the cast of Dilbert - it's the sort of thing you could expect back then, but would be way out of left field if it was done now.

Aylee becoming Torg's secretary - I feel like this is the comic finally setting up shop for the long haul. Goofy side adventures into parody land can indeed have long term consequences in Sluggy. Speaking of which, who would've thought at the time of this story that there would actually be bug-eyed grey aliens in Sluggy Freelance? How we encounter them, though, that's the interesting part of course.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:09 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: kdsorceress
AOL: kdsorceress
I am pretty amused by all the "OH NOOOO!" around the idea of dating someone from the internet. It is a joke that really hasn't aged well, given the sheer number of people I know who have made friends or better through the intertubes somehow.

I looooooove the "nice recap, almost in one breath!" comic. I may have gone ahead and seen if I could do it. (I can.)

The whole Aylee vs BunBun sequence is fantastic. And people say you can't hear tone in text --I think this proves them wrong.

I find it interesting that we see neither Riff nor Lorna's eyes.

Having recently had to deal, a lot, with the DMV, I feel Riff's pain.

Good chapter, really.

~Sor
MOOP!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat