Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 pm 
Mat frowns, then grows angry as Karina heals his wound. But the effect of the healing leaves him unable to speak until it's done, by which point, Mat is too busy diving out of the path of an attacking griffon. When he finally gets up, he begins to open his mouth to speak, but sees Karina has been injured, and shuts it quickly. "I'll just have to talk with her later." He mumbles to himself. Mat turns back to the Razorwing, and sizes the bird beast up. "Well, no sense letting such a beautiful creature go to waste." A thin smile spreads along Mat's face as he rushes the Razorwing, dodging left and right until he reaches a close range, and leaps, attempting to take a firm grip of the beasts neck and climb up onto its back, where he might be able to better manipulate the situation.

Attack: (W) Griffon Grab
Attack: (W) Griffon Grapple

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:16 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"GRAH!" Richter yells as the razor sharp claws leave long gashes along the small of his back. "Dammit, you're gonna pay for that! Karina, get to Valerie and stay behind us!"

[Barter]
Valerie takes Devil from Richter, gives Lovers to Richter
Richter takes King of Coins from Karina, Givers Lovers to Karina

[Arcana - Strength]
Moving to keep himself in between Karina and the Gryphon, Richter draws his short sword and readies himself to attack the Gryphon. He's going to spend some time trying to size up his opponent, figure out its movements and where best to strike.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Valerie is dumbstruck by the sight of the smoke rising from the village, but the attack of the Gryphon brings her back to her senses. She senses Richter's support for her, and readies her bow, a confident grin crossing her face. "Let's not waste any time here... I feel like having some chicken with my beer tonight... Karina! Richter! Keep safe, okay!"

Raising the bow to target the Gryphon, she takes a steady aim and lets a single arrow fly.

[Attack: Twist 8B, Aimed Shot]

She then closes her eyes to get a feeling for the world around her, and with a few collected breaths, lets destiny take its course on the battlefield. Her eyes open widely and she belts out her usual cackle. "Kyahahahahhaha! So sorry, birdbrain! You're dealing with a bona fide devil here! Just try to hit me with your best shot! Bet you can't! Kyahahahaha!"

[Arcana - Devil (Destiny)]

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:19 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Karina hits the ground, her head swimming between the wound in her side and the damage from the Gryphon. She vaguely hears Rich tell her to get behind Valerie and stumbles her way over. She takes another knee behind Valerie and begins to tremble.

These tattoos I've placed on you... they will channel your Destiny and Fate together. The snakes intertwine... within the venom lies the cure.

Karina holds her head in her hands, "Wh... why am I remembering this now..."

Embrace what you are... even if you fear it. Fear brings you nothing but pain. The lovers may not be a good Destiny... as the Tower may not be a bad Fate. Together... however...

Karina stills her body, shuts out all sound around her, hearing nothing but her own beating heart.

Do not flee from your Fate. Embrace the cage and it becomes a home.

"...within the venom..."

Do not embrace your Destiny. Seal the heart and it becomes a hearth.

"...lies the cure..."

The snakes twine together. The two become one.

"I am the venom."

Karina climbs to her feet.

"I am the cure."

Her eyes snap open, glowing yellow and from beneath her full body bandages two shining lines appear, one black, one white, forming two intertwining snakes that cover her entire body, flow over her eyes, and form heads on the back of her hands. In her right hand, the white snake. Her left, the black. "I will not run again!"

[Arcana - Lovers (Destiny)]
[Defend - Twist (Queen of Cups]

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Leo braces, looking for an opening. He considers the wings of the griffon. "Joints always are weaker, even in armor. And find a spot to hit that can reduce mobility."

He charges, awkwardly lifting the hammer over his head as he runs at the Griffon. At the last moment, there is a crashing sound as the hammer comes down, the extending face smashing forward as he pulls the hammer down, hitting at a wing joint. He then steps back, holding the hammer in both hands in front, ready to ward off attack.

[Attack: T - Queen of Wands
Defend: W]

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
In the interest of my sanity, I'm not going to be posting actual cards any more unless it actually truly matters.

Richter: Barter (Note, in order to Barter you have to use one of your Caste cards - I'm using your 6C for this), then uses Strength...

Richter looks for the opportune moment... he feels a strange surge of strength running through him, and somehow he just knows that his next strike had better be good. Especially as he sees...

Mat: Grab (Success!), Grapple (... Fail)

Damage Flip: Weak Damage flip is for the grab - note though it actually doesn't do any 'damage', it is still putting influence over your opponent's fate, so it still gets a flip.

Mat just jump right in, tackling himself into the gryphon quite successfully (and thankfully, avoiding the razor sharp wing blades). He tries to climb up onto the gryphon, and the gryphon just simply turns and stares at him. There's nothing to grab onto without losing a hand. The creature has had razor sharp blades attached just about all over its body. He finds himself staring into a rather large beak. And the angry eyes of a gryphon. That beak looks mighty sharp...

Gryphon: Goes Amuck. Aaaaaall over Mat.

Amuck: Miss
Amuck: Hit
Amuck: Miss

... lucky.

Damage flip: Weak. Lose 7Cu.

I repeat. Lucky.

Gryphon: Blade Rush, Tyr-Karina-Richter

Mat finds himself in a whirling maelstrom of blades and feathers as the gryphon effectively does a barrel roll on top of him, but despite taking multiple cuts from the blades, he miraculously manages to come out without serious injury... only to find himself dragged along as it launches itself forward toward Tyr and Karina, who both thankfully dodge out of the way. Richter, on the other hand... gets caught by a wing and gets slashed.

Blade Rush T: Miss
Blade Rush K: Miss
Blade Rush R: Hit

Damage flip: Weak Lose 1W.

Valerie, in the meantime, patiently waits for Mat to get the hell out of a way, aiming for a shot... and then takes it, as the gryphon looks down at Mat with surprise at finding him not sliced and diced into tiny shreds after getting rolled over and being dragged across the field.

Aimed Shot: Hit.
Damage flip: Weak.

It's a hit, but it only skids along the gryphons flank, cutting but not doing serious damage as it glances into, and then off of, its armor. It does, however, get its attention right as Tyr swings into it with its halberd.

Tyr: Miss Pulled a caste card on wild to block.

However, the creature hears his battle cry and instinctively furls its wings around it, causing his blade to careen off of it. Tyr backs away cautiously...

Karina backs up Valerie, preparing herself for another attack from the gryphon if necessary...

And then Leo comes up, taking a wild swing...

Leo: Hit.

Damage flip: Moderate Finally! Thought I was never going to draw over a 5 on a flip...

That connects right at the joint of the gryphons wing, causing it to give a howling hiss of pain.

Karina: 4Cu, KC, 5W, 1Cu
Leo: 9Cu, 10W, Priestess, 3B, Hermit
Mat: Justice, KB, World, QCu
Richter: KC, JW, 6W
Tyr: Moon, 3W, 5C, KnW, 9C
Valerie: KB, Hanged Man, Magician, 5B

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
With a devilish smirk, Valerie pushes her hair aside as she pulls two arrows out of her quiver. "The beast is wounded - let these two arrows be the last." She nocks one arrow while holding the other downward in her string hand, pulls back, and lets fly the arrow. Then in a blink of an eye, the moment the first arrow has left the bow, the other is already nocked as well, the string pulled back, and once again the arrow is loosed. Two arrows, fired within seconds of each other, soar towards the Gryphon with all the might of a Blade Caste behind it.

[Attack: Twist KB, Aimed Shot]
[Attack: Twist 5B, Aimed Shot]

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:49 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Leo focuses on the gryphon, and it feels for a moment like clarity has come to him, as he assesses the condition of the creature.

Action: Priestess

Once he is done with that, he again runs forward, to attack the other wing and hopefully rob the creature of its mobility.

Attack: Twist 10W

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:53 pm 
Despite the loose grip, sharp pains, and general lack of safety for the situation he's in, Mat can't help but laugh. "All right, birdy," he says with a grin, as he shifts his weight, "let's try this again." Mat swings as much of his weight as he can to flip over onto the gryphon's back, and attempt to ride the beast. Before he even finishes the attempt, he looses one arm from his hold, grabbing his axe, and bringing the handle around underneath the Razorwing's neck. If he can catch a grip on the other side of the axe, he'll attempt to make the gryphon docile with a little asphyxiation. As he swings around, he makes a small whisper to the gryphon. "Now would you rather calm down and obey us, or get shot by my more violent friends?"

Not that the beast can probably understand him.

Attack: (Twist: World) Gryphon Grapple
Attack: (Twist: Justice) Gryphon Sleeper Hold

Last edited by ThyLordQ on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:44 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Karina takes a defensive stance in front of Val after she fires her shots, "And if they aren't, let the beastie come. I'll put an end to it..." She tugs on her beaded gloves and readies herself to counter attack if the Gryphon decides that either her or Val seem tasty.

[Defense: Twist 1Cu]
[Counter: Twist 4Cu]

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Picking himself back up from the ground after the hit knocked him down, Richter takes his short sword and charges straight at the Griffin. "I will not be upstaged by a flying turkey like you!" Richter leaps at the Griffin and slashes at its wings, trying to knock out its ability to fly away.

[Strike: King of Coins]
[Strike: Jack of Wands]

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:37 am 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Tyr cautiously keeps his halberd leveled at the gryphon with one hand, stopping to bend down and grab a handful of gravel and dust kicked up by the creature's attack. He then yells "Hey, ugly!" to get the thing's attention, and throws the handful into its face, forcing it to try to spend precious seconds clearing its eyes with whatever aid its armored talons can provide it. He doesn't plan to give it that opportunity, though - he charges it, delivering a brutal overhead chop to its uninjured wing joint.

Arcana: Moon - Razorwing Gryphon
Attack: T - Razorwing Gryphon (Knight of Wands)

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG