Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:58 am 
Alt-Gwynn, refer to the bottom left panel:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20040715

Today's comic, look at the diamond pattern around Shupid the camel's neck:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/130705

It's the same diamond-split-in-half pattern. In fact, the diamond symbol seems to be in a lot of places in Mohkadun, typically worn around the neck - which is where theistic allegiance tends to be displayed.

It's also seen on the guards' speartips on friday's comic on this weekly view:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/130415

Also on the thursday comic here, on the necklace and on the blanket:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/130408

And, also on the wednesday comic here:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/130401
... where it shows up on the pillar in the King's room, right beside the hourglass symbol of Khronus.

Now, this next one might or might not be related, but I remembered that Gwynn was wearing a diamond patterned shirt when Gwynn and Torg flew to try and save Riff and Zoe:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090804
But then I just noticed now that Kusari has diamond emblems on her outfit. Can this all be coincidence and Pete just really likes diamonds? Or would you think this indicates some correlation? I'm just thinking out loud here, but perhaps Kusari really is the moon twin, whose symbol is a dark diamond. Perhaps the light-and-dark diamond represents both the sun and moon twin (sort of like a yin and yang symbol), which is why Kron wears that emblem. Thoughts?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:44 am 
After thinking about this more, I definitely think that Kusari has some sort of association with Mohkadun. When Bun bun confronted Kusari, she ran away. This would make sense if she recognized him as the god of power. She clearly has some supernatural link if she is able to be re-made in different bodies after dying or suffering mortal injury with memories intact.

All the supernatural powers that I've seen in Sluggy can be attributed to either divine or demonic influences... and I doubt that Kusari gets her power from the bugs.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:24 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Alt-Gwynn has diamond-shaped pupils because she merged with the Book of Rothar Nice, the alt-E-ville. The diamond is on its spine.

Now, if you want to delve into whether or not the spirit in the Book is Kron......

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 am 
The Baron wrote:
After thinking about this more, I definitely think that Kusari has some sort of association with Mohkadun. When Bun bun confronted Kusari, she ran away. This would make sense if she recognized him as the god of power. She clearly has some supernatural link if she is able to be re-made in different bodies after dying or suffering mortal injury with memories intact.

All the supernatural powers that I've seen in Sluggy can be attributed to either divine or demonic influences... and I doubt that Kusari gets her power from the bugs.

Well, to be fair, Kusari is also well aware of what Bun-Bun is capable of, whether or not she recognizes him as the god of power. She's definitely seen him in action in the present.

And if she had a supernatural link, or was tied to K'Z'K in any way that HeretiCorp knew about, Schlock wouldn't keep her around for a second. I think Kusari is just a product of science, not magic.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 pm 
There was a time I would have firmly agreed, but we're having things converge in the story that I never would have predicted: Bun-Bun & Santa being mixed up in K'Z'K and the Book of E-Ville, and the necklace being related as well all at once? And let's not forget the obvious implications of the "heretic" in Hereti-Corp.

All bets are off, IMO, about what's related to what with the exception of Aylee. Aylee's irrelevant to the plot and she's only hung around because the author loved her too much, that's been admitted.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 am 
Well, today's comic answers my questions about the relevance of the diamond symbol, but it still leaves questions as to its presence elsewhere.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:45 am 
Well, today's comic is pretty ominous; people are already suggesting that this means the being from the book of E-Ville is Kron. Whether or not it is actually him, this definitely seems to be a strong indication that the book being is some kind of god, considering how he talks about himself being Gwynn's servant.

The Baron wrote:
But then I just noticed now that Kusari has diamond emblems on her outfit. Can this all be coincidence and Pete just really likes diamonds? Or would you think this indicates some correlation? I'm just thinking out loud here, but perhaps Kusari really is the moon twin, whose symbol is a dark diamond. Perhaps the light-and-dark diamond represents both the sun and moon twin (sort of like a yin and yang symbol), which is why Kron wears that emblem. Thoughts?

That's a pretty interesting idea. It suggests that there's a significance in which diamonds are light and which are dark. And was there really a half-light, half-dark diamond somewhere? That sounds familiar, but I don't remember where I saw it.

Kesandru wrote:
And if she had a supernatural link, or was tied to K'Z'K in any way that HeretiCorp knew about, Schlock wouldn't keep her around for a second.

Hmm... I don't know about that... Maybe he's aware of a supernatural link, but doesn't know that it is connected to K'Z'K. After all, he doesn't know anything about the K'Z'K cult, so he may not know about lore surrounding K'Z'K and his prophecy.

Wait a minute...

I just noticed that K'Z'K has horns that strongly resemble the shape of Kusari's weirdly shaped hat! How did I not notice that before? Has anyone noticed that before? Holy poop! Could Kusari be K'Z'K? :o ...or... K'Z'K's twin sister perhaps? Regardless, I'm now convinced there's a *very* strong connection between K'Z'K and Kusari!

Hmm...

Now that I think about it some more, this seems to tie in with today's comic and what Kron is saying about the idea that gods should be servants of humans. Perhaps Kusari is a god who is bound to serve the king, but over the centuries, that changed so that she's bound to serve the CEO of Hereti-corp instead. (The closest thing to a king in our time) Perhaps Steve Hereti is part of King Farahn's bloodline or something... And as someone said, that could add to the symbolism of Hereti-corp's name; people who think they should have power over gods are branded as heretics.

It kind of makes me wonder if Kusari and/or Oasis will show up in Mohkadun time.

The Baron wrote:
After thinking about this more, I definitely think that Kusari has some sort of association with Mohkadun. When Bun bun confronted Kusari, she ran away. This would make sense if she recognized him as the god of power...

That makes it kind of ominous that Theresa also inexplicably fears Bun Bun as shown here and here. and Torg seemed to detect a connection with Oasis who is also associated with Kusari. Also, I think it's worth noting that Monicruel, Theresa's sister, has a diamond symbol on her clothes.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm 
Tormuse wrote:
The Baron wrote:
Perhaps the light-and-dark diamond represents both the sun and moon twin (sort of like a yin and yang symbol), which is why Kron wears that emblem. Thoughts?
That's a pretty interesting idea. It suggests that there's a significance in which diamonds are light and which are dark. And was there really a half-light, half-dark diamond somewhere? That sounds familiar, but I don't remember where I saw it.

Baron posted it up top.
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20040715
Panel 14 (or fourth panel from the end). Look deep into Alt-Gwynn's eyes... you are getting speccy... very, very speccy...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 pm 
Tormuse wrote:
I just noticed that K'Z'K has horns that strongly resemble the shape of Kusari's weirdly shaped hat! How did I not notice that before? Has anyone noticed that before? Holy poop! Could Kusari be K'Z'K? :o ...or... K'Z'K's twin sister perhaps? Regardless, I'm now convinced there's a *very* strong connection between K'Z'K and Kusari!

Those "horns" that you noted for K'Z'K are actually jointed and not fixed. Skip ahead a few days and you'll see them "up" and then "down" in the same strip.

That's not to say that Kusari doesn't have a connection to Mohkadun, as the diamond motif does suggest it. I don't think she's actually related to K'Z'K though.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:46 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Tormuse wrote:

Those "horns" that you noted for K'Z'K are actually jointed and not fixed. Skip ahead a few days and you'll see them "up" and then "down" in the same strip.

Yep; they've always been that way... almost more like fingers sticking out of his head with talons on them. Pete uses them as expressive devices for K'Z'K, sort of like dogs ears.

It's endearing, in an eeeeevil way. :kzk:

-MJ

Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Alt-Gwynn has diamond-shaped pupils because she merged with the Book of Rothar Nice, the alt-E-ville. The diamond is on its spine.

Now, if you want to delve into whether or not the spirit in the Book is Kron......

That's been well established for a few years now in the Ghosts in the Gastank Bonus story where we meet Kron in his Book-form.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
He doesn't really introduce himself, though. Nor is his face anything more than a blank with a diamond.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:25 am 
In the Ghosts in the Gas Tank story, we meet the book, and no, he never introduces himself. He does call Gwynn Siphaniana. But she doesn't call him Kron. She calls him
Spoiler wrote:
Fahran. Yes, that Fahran.
So I'm thinking, not Kron.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat