Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm 
"Ah. I didn't think it was quite Vaz' style." Charles pops another marshmallow into his mouth; he's not bothering to roast them, but he's gone through quite a few already. "Mind you, I'm not entirely sure what his style was in the first place. Talking of him, do you think it's bright enough for a bit of plank-walking?"

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:17 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Oz is currently reclined back, with a marshmallow stick primed and ready. However, from where he's looking, he's still having thoughts of using a rather different fire.

He does still have the parrot on his shoulder. And he's taking a swig of something out of a bottle of what could quite possibly be rum.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"If you're a minor, then that means you are young and innocent. No booze for you," Felix laughs. "It's been bright enough for a good plank walking for about an hour now. We just needed to get things prepared first. Planks needed to be made, eye patches needed to be passed out, and stitches needed to be given to those injured."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 am 
Brecon grins at Felix's quip, and eats his now toasted marshmallow. Halfway through though his smile disappears, to be replaced with a frown.

"Hey, if Vaz is a wizard, how are we going to stop him from casting his death curse? Seems to me that that sort of thing could throw a rather nasty wrench in things pretty quick. And with a significant portion of the city's magical population here, he could do a lot of damage."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"You don't know what it's like living with the thirst," Felix replies, his expression suddenly sober. "It's a mind shattering, all encompassing need. We gutted Vaz like a trout and right now he's ravenous. I doubt he has enough of his mind left right now to make toast out of bread, let alone pull together enough coherent thought to throw a spell at us."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm 
"Um." Charles stops with a marshmallow halfway to his mouth. "The phrase 'death curse' sounds pretty serious. What exactly are we talking about here, and would a blindfold or gag help at all?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"A death curse is when a practitioner of magic uses every last bit of their life energy to fuel one last destructive spell," Felix replies. As a (former) member of the Red Court, he's apparently done a bit of studying. "It's a spell that is literally cast from hit points, as it kills the person casting it in exchange for one last destructive spell. I don't think it's going to be a problem. Like I said, Vaz can't concentrate enough to make a spark, let alone a bang."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm 
"Yeah, well, that sounds like it would be pretty dangerous, so perhaps we should take a few little precautions. Thirst or not, he's had an hour or so to plan out something suitable, after all. How necessary is it to be able to speak to cast spells, in general? I don't really know much about magic."

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Why not just knock him out?" Oz shrugs. "Can't do a thing if he's not conscious. And if we hit him too hard... well, not like it's going to matter anyways."

Always the pragmatist.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I got it covered," Naomi the Pirate Queen pipes in. Apparently she'd heard the conversation from where she was and walked over.

"You guys don't have to worry about it. See that circle of kitchen salt he's standing in?" Naomi points to Vaz. Going around him in a wide loop is a circle of salt on the ground. "That's a circle of magic. It's one of the first things an apprentice of magic is taught and anyone can make one regardless of magical aptitude. It'll stop dead any magic that tries to cross the outline of the circle on the ground."

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 am 
"I dunno, even with the circle, I can still think of a few nasty things that could be done without having the magic involved cross it. As a start, I'd say blindfold him. It'll keep him from targeting any one specific person, or people, and it looks cool. I'd also give him a good shot with a tazer, or something. Keep him from focusing. Personally I'd just shoot him in the head without any warning, but for better or worse it seems like we're committed to making him walk the plank."

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 am 
"Knocking him out's good." nods Charles. "But then he can't actually walk the plank. The blindfold's good, and the circle is very good. There's no way he can break it from the inside, is there? Like by kicking the salt out the way?"

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:49 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Oh, he can break the circle easily enough. All he has to do is walk across it," Naomi replies. "But that's why we made the circle so big. If he steps a single toe towards it, every one of the people here will pull out their guns and shoot him dead. The circle stops magic. It doesn't stop bullets."

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 am 
"...so we'll all be outside that great big circle when he walks the plank?" asks Charles. "How do we force him to walk, instead of doing something tricky, without being on the spot to prod him?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG