Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Torg and Zoe
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 am 
I'd say after this strip, combined with what Torg has said about his own ancestry, there's a chance the two are relatives of some sort. Maybe even half-siblings. http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20120216

Post subject: Re: Torg and Zoe
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am 
Oh god I hope not... please don't let this become a Luke and Leia thing.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
Well, Zoe's dad shows up in this one from just before Safehouse. http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/110804

So I dunno...it's not very telling to me. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm 
You know in that third panel, Zoe's dad looks a LOT like Torg. The resemblance is almost uncanny. After all these years I don't imagine there's any possibility Torg and Zoe are siblings - people would lynch Pete in his sleep. But what if Zoe's dad wasn't really her biological dad? What if he was Torg's dad (who is also supposedly Viking and who we've never met or heard anything about)? It would mean that maybe their meeting wasn't as accidental as it seemed and would raise the possibility of some larger conspiracy involving these two.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 pm 
Well, Jeffrey Sinclair turned out to be Delenn's ancestor...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:24 pm 
I was always of the belief that Torg was the son of Kada and Calix. I mean look at the evidence:

His parents are never seen (I know this is weak and could work either way, but I just want to get it out there).

He states that he has Viking in his ancestry, Calix (and eventually Kada) act a lot like Vikings - running around in ships, attacking settlements, using axes etc. Maybe they told him modified versions of their own adventures when he was young as bedtime stories?

All three of them have rather bizarre names, are blonde, and look somewhat alike.

Torg and Calix have an almost uncanny resemblance to each other in terms of personality. And I quote:

B.A. wrote:

Wow, that sounds familiar...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
You know in that third panel, Zoe's dad looks a LOT like Torg. The resemblance is almost uncanny. After all these years I don't imagine there's any possibility Torg and Zoe are siblings - people would lynch Pete in his sleep. But what if Zoe's dad wasn't really her biological dad? What if he was Torg's dad (who is also supposedly Viking and who we've never met or heard anything about)? It would mean that maybe their meeting wasn't as accidental as it seemed and would raise the possibility of some larger conspiracy involving these two.

That's pretty much where my mind went as well, but you said it better than I could have.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
I was always of the belief that Torg was the son of Kada and Calix. I mean look at the evidence. [/url]

And as I've posted before, Sasha is Torg's sister, separated at birth. Weird girl, indeed.

At least that's one theory. The other theory is that Torg has no parents, but is the amnesiac avatar of a higher power, an Outer God taking a jaunt through the universe. It would explain why Torg cannot state his last name, why no one ever notices his lack of parents, and why he is a weirdness magnet of incredible potency.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:51 pm 
OrzBrain wrote:
And as I've posted before, Sasha is Torg's sister, separated at birth. Weird girl, indeed.

Which, if shown to be true, would retroactively change the tone of the time Torg was distracted by her breasts when she was changing just like the Luke and Leia kiss.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm 
s.i.l. wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:

Which, if shown to be true, would retroactively change the tone of the time Torg was distracted by her breasts when she was changing just like the Luke and Leia kiss.

Cannot. Unread. I need brain bleach.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Cannot. Unread. I need brain bleach.

My work here is done. Image

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 am 
s.i.l. wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:

I'm sure Sasha wouldn't be bothered... right? :sasha:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:45 pm 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
Pete said at one point that he had always intended Zoe to be half Korean, but in the early days his monitor was not callibrated properly, and once he realized this, he figured Zoe's dad would have to be really really fair for her skin tone to make sense. As for him looking kinda like Torg, there's an old adage about girls being subconciously attracted to someone who reminds them of their father (if they like their father that is, and Zoe's dad is definately the more likeable of her parents).

So I'm pretty sure Torg and Zoe aren't related, but I do agree that Kada and Calix are likely his parents. Sasha too? It's possible, she does look a lot like Kada.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:32 pm 
Having people like Kada and Calix as parents would be a good explanation for Sasha's accepting personality. I like the thought they eventually escaped Timeless Space to Sluggy Prime's past and had her.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:49 am 
s.i.l. wrote:
Having people like Kada and Calix as parents would be a good explanation for Sasha's accepting personality. I like the thought they eventually escaped Timeless Space to Sluggy Prime's past and had her.

Or Uncle Time plucked them up and sent them out for some reason. Which would mean that ol' Unc' Time had intentionally placed Torg and Bun Bun in the Prime universe together. Now there's a thought.

Plus, if Kada is Sasha's mother, it would explain Sasha's aptitude for technology.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat