Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:37 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
In an instant, María's discomfort turns to animosity. If the spray is intended to remove her protection, then she wants nothing to do with it. She needs to get out, and fast.

María immediately blasts a mental image of loud, open-mouthed chewing at Fleur. (Specifically, it's of her younger brother at the age of two, noisily masticating--and covering himself with--macaroni and cheese.) The image is coupled with a hard blow to Fleur's abdomen and an attempt to wrench herself free from her grasp.

If she's able to get free and is close enough to the canister, she'll try to snatch it before Glory does. With the spray or not, she'll attempt to pull down the curtain and throw it at Glory and Fleur on the way out.

María lets loose a mental scream intended for Lykke and Gil--HELP ME!--along with an image of Fleur and Glory.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm 
weatherwax wrote:
The woman evades Jason's grip and dodges into the crowd for a moment before Jason reaches out and grabs her, pulling her close.

"Just who do you think you are?" she hisses. Humans a number of paces away from the two of them raise their heads in surprise of the spoken word.

Jason keeps his voice pitched low and soft to keep from being heard by the other humans.

"My name is Jason Dubois, formerly of the United States Army Rangers. I believe that we may have certain goals in common, and I would very much like to discuss this topic with you."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
The sickly green patia peers at Cecil for a moment, then sends out a wave of wicked amusement.

You're a quick one, I'll give you that, he says. I'm no fool, though, young human. I know who you're running with. The patia's mental messages grow feint, like a whisper. And I'm all on board. Have your choice of weapon, on the house.

The woman with the curly hair's dark eyes grow wide for a moment before she regains composure.

"You're from earth," she says, voice low. "I've heard stories. From my grandmother. But I thought...they haven't picked up any newbies from the planet in a long time..."

She glances around quickly.

"I can't speak here. Even here, minds and eyes are watching. Follow me, and maybe we can talk."

She tugs Jason into the crowd just as...

Richard's pleas hit GIl. Richard's images fill Gil's mind, and Gil echos back a tinge of panic.

Lykke will kill us both, and Terrell will flay us, he says, filling Richard's head with unpleasant thoughts. This is the OPPOSITE of laying low! What am I --

Gil's panic is cut off as Maria's plea for help ricochets off Gil and Jason's minds and fills the heads of everyone in the group. HELP!! they all hear, with images of the booth, Fleur and Glory.

The thoughts of chewing momentarily stuns Fleur as Maria gives her a blow to the abdomen. Maria's limb sinks into a double-fist sized cavity in Fleur's abdomen. Mental waves of shock, violation, disgust and pain sweeps from Fleur. Fleur lets go of Maria and stumbles back into bolts of cloth, knocking them over.

Fleur! Glory's cry whips over Maria. Angrily she opens the spray and mists around Maria's head. Droplets aimed at Maria slide off the physical shield. But soon they lose momentum and hang in the air, ready for Maria to run into them by mistake, which she does, breathing deep. The spray has made her a bit woozy.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 am 
Indee-

Cecil hears Maria's cry for help. In a moment, he considers his situation - Maria's situation - the recording he saw. His eyes flicker slightly to the side; but he quickly regains his composure.

Indeed, Sir. he thinks, trying to retain as neutral a tone of voice as possible, and thinking quietly. I thank you for your generosity. Perhaps Sir could aid me in my choice? I am not fully aware of the intricacies of Patiae weaponry. Does Sir's stock include a device that stuns - that causes unconsciousness without causing severe or permanent harm?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 am 
Jason stops himself from facepalming, but only just. He turns to the curly haired woman.

"Our conversation may have to wait. It appears that some of my friends and colleagues are in trouble. Again. Is there someplace I can meet you after I sort this mess out?"

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 pm 
María struggles to regain her senses. She attempts to flee, or strike Glory if she can't flee, and continues to broadcast her distress to her friends. Whatever happens, she will not go along quietly if she can help it.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:43 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
At the cry in his mind, though he can't see her, Tom tries to extend his protection ability to Maria, even as he tries to keep more or less a straight face.

"S'alright. I'd probably be a mite bit suspicious if I was in your shoes as well. Unfortunately, on that note, I have to leave you fellows for a bit - George, Greg, is it? Perhaps I will find you against next time I'm here. I believe one of my group has landed herself in a spot of trouble."

At that, Tom heads toward where he heard/felt the mental cry.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 am 
The sickly green patia mulls over his weaponry before picking up a flat, egg-shaped device about the size of Cecil's palm.

Fire from here, he says, pointing to the larger end. Just like most patia weapons, the more violent the thought, the stronger the beam. You can get anything from a mild shock to something strong enough to knock out a large-hooved-animal-that-has-three-feet-and-a-muscular-tail-and-a-long-neck-that-can-wrap-around-opponents-and-eats-plants. Take it.

The woman frowns and pulls away from Jason.

"You think I'm an idiot? I'm not meeting you anywhere," she hisses. "I'm not really a fan of ambushes. You either come with me now, or we part ways here. Go on and help your patia friends, Earthman."

Tom reaches the booth, and finds it to be closed off. But he can feel Maria's destress inside.

Maria lashes out at Glory, but Glory dips around her and grabs her arms.

Fleur staggers to her feet.

I'm starting to think this one won't be such a good catch for the slavers, she says, annoyed, as she rights her clothing. She has so much protection around her. Someone cares for this one. And she's ornery.

Maybe if we can get her under Control? Glory says. She'll make a marvelous plaything for someone. So pretty! Someone pampering her will make her less likely to fight against Control.

Perhaps, Fleur says, placing a hand on Maria's cheek. There is a ripple of thought, and all protections around Maria are wiped out. For now she can sleep.

Maria's drowsiness increases.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 am 
Thank you very much, Sir. It is highly appreciated. thinks Cecil, making his gratitude visible to the green Patia. He makes sure to remember the Patia's face - perhaps, one day, Cecil will be able to help him in return.

He quickly glances over the weapon, looking for any important features (the trigger, for example) before slipping it into a pocket, out of sight. Then he moves along, walking casually in the direction that Maria's call for help had come from. For someone who doesn't look like he's hurrying, Cecil is actually moving quite quickly.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:44 am 
Tom and Cecil's proximity tickle María's consciousness. If she can't fight back, at least she can be a spy camera for them. Fighting against the curtain of drowsiness descending on her mind, she broadcasts her vision and knowledge of the interior of the booth to them, hoping to essentially give them "X-ray vision" into the booth's interior.

Her fury at her attackers burns white hot, but her body is becoming increasingly unresponsive to her will. The effects of the spray and Fleur's touch weigh her down like a heavy, wet blanket. She searches desperately for anyone in the crowd that might be in pain. With luck, she hopes to redirect that pain at her captors, pouring it on them like boiling oil from her mental fortress, ignited by her rage.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:30 pm 
With a flash of annoyance, tempered with understanding, Jason sends Maria's distress call forward to the curly haired woman.

"Not patia. Another Terran, and I'm going to help her. I hope we meet again soon under better circumstances."

Jason makes for Maria as fast as he can.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Richard runs into the battle and tries to punch Fleur. In the face.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:44 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tom tries to force his way into the booth with the time honored practice of ker-sneakery, using Maria's sending to aid him getting in quietly and unnoticed if possible. As he does so, he puts his physical protection focused completely on himself. The moment he sees Glory, he'll go for a sucker punch, assisted with a psychic 'stab' as he's wearing a katar (aka, a punching dagger).

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 am 
Cecil and Jason reach the booth just as...

Richard launches himself through the booth and tries to punch Fleur inna face!

His fist glances off Fleur's head as he stumbles into a table holding bolts of fabric. Fleur stumbles a bit before regaining her balance.

What --

Tom attacks Glory with his super MP punch! Glory is hit in the gut! Blood spurts from her wound. She screams and sends jagged waves of pain and shock out into the world.

Fleur's eyes flash red and black as she sends a wave of power at Tom. His defenses are wiped out. She whips power at Richard and Tom. Both are hit in the chest, blown out of the booth's interior, landing next to Cecil and Jason.

The lights dim for a moment, then shine blue. Many patiae and humans are stopped, staring at the four men and the booth, having heard or felt Glory's pain. A four patiae in skin tight, white suits can be seen making their way through the crowd towards the booth. Gil and Terrell are behind these patiae.

Last edited by weatherwax on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 am 
"You two are a pair of total idiots." whispers Cecil to Tom and Richard, keeping his real thoughts behind his bankvault door. "Both of you get out of here, before things get worse. Jason, hold back, wait just a moment."

He looks in through the hole left in the side of the booth, letting his confusion spill out and be visible. What is going on here? he thinks to the Patia in the stall. Why are you throwing people a- those humans need medical attention immediately!

Cecil picks two random people from the crowd; whoever's close by. You, you - get that bleeding human to a doctor. You - he points at Jason - help me get that unconscious one - Maria - to proper medical care, she might be injured as well, move it move it move it! You take her arms, I'll take her legs, let's go go go!

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG