Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:55 am 
*pokes Kajin*

We can't just leave this on a cliffhanger forever. If you've not posted by... let's say Wednesday, I'm going to close the voting and wield the Banhammer.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Formulating post now-ish.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 am 
Hmmm. I was a day behind. Well, never mind, at least Kajin got a chance to vote that way.

Post-game dissection and analysis!

The mods were Kajin and AlternateTorg.

Ruan, behind his Don Quixote act, was a forensic analyst - he sneakily picked up those two application forms mentioned in my opening post, and tested them for DNA traces of the other partygoers, proving that they were or were not weremods.

Weatherwax was the witch - her magic could protect someone, preventing them from being banned. (I changed the name of the 'healer' role after she got it - probably whichever role weatherwax got, short of being a weremod. would have ended up being called the witch)

Stan Cold was a swapper - an avatar is just a representation of the reality, and Stan could swap two of these representations for a night, making any ability used on one person actually affect the other (and vice versa). This could be used to devastating effect - if Kajin tried to ban Stan, but Stan had swapped himself and Kajin, then Kajin would have ended up banning himself. (In practice, though, this ability had a problem - it messes with everyone else's abilities, and thus can confuse anyone. More on that below).

And chaosman had a favour from a mod - he could cause one change of one factor in the game. He could make anyone (including himself) a healer, a detective, a weremod, banned - or make one person not a healer, not a detective, not a weremod, not banned. He could, alternatively, ask one question and have it answered (but that would use up his favour, making it hard for him to do anything about it afterwards). It was a very open-ended power, and it ended up saving the day.

--------------

Day 1: AlternateTorg, a weremod, is banned. This must have been sheer luck; I can think of no other explanation. Nonetheless, the weremods were off to a bad start.

Night 1: Ruan uses forensic science to try to find out whether or not Weatherwax is a weremod. Unknown to Ruan, though, Stan has swapped Weatherwax and Ruan for the night - Ruan is in fact testing himself! Unsurprisingly, Ruan gets a result of 'not a weremod', because Ruan is not a weremod. Kajin bans Stan, Weatherwax protects Chaosman, and Chaosman elects not to use his favour for tonight.

Day 2: Ruan insists that Weatherwax cannot be the weremod. Unknown to the other players, this isn't just knightly chivalry - he did actually test that. (Unknown to Ruan, his test was compromised by Stan's swap). However, Ruan falls foul of an eeniemeenieminymo, and is voted out. CCC brings a large jelly into the room, with the idea that if Weatherwax's magic protects the person Kajin tries to ban tonight, then the banhammer will hit the jelly instead. (That didn't happen).

Night 2: Kajin bans Chaosman, worried about that favour. Chaosman, however, manages to use his favour to return Ruan to the game again... AND WOE TO THE WICKED! Ruan, who was banned all night, cannot test anyone for weremodness (but he would have been able to if there had been another night). I can't remember who weatherwax protected - I think she protected herself.

Day 3: Everyone knows Ruan is not a weremod. Ruan believes Weatherwax is not a weremod, from his test on night 1. Kajin didn't have a chance. Kajin gets voted out, leaving Ruan and Weatherwax to the party together.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I have to say, I'm definitely amused. I ended up being right, when I was, in fact, wrong about the way I was right. You know, it's strange... I really do tend to vote in character, and it always tends to lead me well in Werewolves/whatever games.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG