Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm 
Cecil is quite surprised. The grinding whine can surely not be a siren - Patiae would not hear it, and there is no telepathic warning to go with it.

He walks faster, hurrying toward the source of the noise.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 pm 
Jason keeps radiating those happy thoughts, but the big dumb grin seemingly melts off his face, and his body posture slides into an almost fighting stance, his knees slightly bent, and his weight centered.

"I'm no one of immediate consequence, especially if you decide to forget you even saw me. Now if you'll excuse me, that sounds ominous. Tag along if you want to talk."

Jason turns and heads towards the source of the racket.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tom, on the other hand, doesn't bother radiating the innocence and the happy thoughts. He's just focused on the flickering lights and the grinding noise. While it could be a simple machinery malfunction, ever a simple machinery malfunction when one is in space could potentially be a Bad Thing.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
María follows Cecil, carefully tucking her concern behind her mental portcullis.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Richard, giving off a rather bored mockery of happy, follows Jason.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
The woman with the dark curls swears when the lights flicker and the whine begins.

"You want to talk to me, you follow me," she says, still backing away. "I'm not going anywhere near a disrupter!"

She walks quickly in the opposite direction.

As Maria and Cecil follow the noise, they are lead toward the entryway where Delivercargo4 is docked. When it is about 4 doors away, they see a crowd of Patiae, eight strangers, the maroon patiae with the pallet, Gil and Sisu, at the entryway. The entryway is closed. A ball of white light, about the size of a soccer ball, blinks on the floor.

Suddenly Gil enters their minds.

Turn around, he says. Quickly! They're Board Patrol and --

A rather heavy voice enters their minds, drowning out Gil and raking at them with grey condescension.

Hello, humans! Come on over here, now. We're just making a routine scan. You don't mind that, do you?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 pm 
A routine scan? What is that? wonders Cecil. Look, Maria, it's the nice people who gave us something to eat! Cecil broadcasts his memory of eating his last meal. Under cover of the disgust this causes, he 'accidentally' rams the pallet into the nearest patrolalien. Oh dear! I am extremely apologetic for my clumsiness! The Great One who had met me before predicted my shame and warned me away to save my dignity! I have bruised one of the Great Masters who have done so much for me! I prove myself unworthy to exist in close proximity to the Great Ones, the Wise Ones! In my shame I hurry from the sight of the excellent strangers! I can only redeem myself by returning with the rest of the packages I was sent to fetch, a task I pursue with immediate haste! I must return to warehouse 43, gather the other boxes, and then come back here again!

By the time this little speech is complete, Cecil is already hurrying off back into the warehouse. The ruse wouldn't fool a human for a minute, but as long as the Patrol thinks of humans as semisentient sheep they should believe Cecil incapable of attempting to lie to them... something that, behind his bankvault door, he is rather relying on.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:11 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Oh, yes, that was wonderful food!, returns María at Cecil's mention of food. With the distraction he creates, she follows him in his retreat. As they round the corner, she attempts to mentally determine whether they're being pursued.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tom, rather cautiously, begins heading in the direction of this 'disruptor'.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
The woman with curls dips out of sight as Tom, Jason and Richard head in the opposite direction, towards the disruptor --

-- which they see as they round the corner and are now in site of the strangers, Gil, Sisu, Maria and Cecil. The whining grind is coming from the blinking globe on the floor. Cecil has just finished his little speech about food and the glory of the masters, and is heading away from the group.

Disgusting! Uuugh, what civilized human thinks so openly about using his mouth? says the heavy voice within all their minds. You two need to teach your humans proper manners! he snaps, and a light blue patia in the group squints at Gil. And come back here right now, you idiot humans! Eli, round 'em up! Those three, too, he says, pointing at Tom, Jason and Richard Might as well get started on this check. It's going to be a long day.

A silver patia nods, and there is a light tug on all of the humans. But they are unmoved.

Sir, they're blocked! Eli says with surprise. Someone's Protecting them! This is different than what we're --

Yes, this IS different,
the light blue patia says darkly. Draw weapons!

The eight patiae produce from under their sleeves eight metallic wands, about 18 inches in length, thick at the base and tapering to a point at the end, and point them at Gil, Sisu and the maroon patia. The maroon patia drops his pallet and shoots his long, thin arms in the air.

What the hell is going on, here? the light blue patia says.

(OOC: please lock this thread! I'm starting another so that this one doesn't run past 10 pages. Players, I'll post the new thread when I get home from work in about an hour.)

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG