Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:45 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Remember."

Guilt. Pain. Rage. Agony. The voice of an woman. The woman with strange, cold eyes.

"Remember."

Death. Again, and again and again. She won't let you go. She won't let you die. A thousand times thousand deaths. Yet you remember now. She's made you remember. You remember those lives. You remember those worlds. She's bound you to her through your sin. A sin that you can't remember. Won't remember. Refuse to remember. So long as she's alive, you're alive. Death, for you, is only the beginning. Death, for you, will never come.

"Remember."

With that word echoing in your mind, you are left alone in the void once again. Left with your memories. Thousands of years worth of pain. Thousands of years worth of struggle. Thousands of years worth of rage. Thousands of years worth of effort. Strange worlds, strange lands. Strange machines, strange people, strange things. There's so much that you cannot even remember specifics. But last of all, you remember your deaths. One by one, they come back to you in vivid detail. Screaming. Screaming helps. It shows you know what has happened. It lets the memory grow cold. Less sharp, less brutal. Enough that it fades into distant memory. Yes, screaming helps. A thousand screams for a thousand deaths. One scream... two... three...

And that's how you wake up. Rising up from the forest floor. Screaming.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 am 
WLM: [email protected]
The Lady screams:

"AAAAAHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhoooouuu what's the point? Damn it, it was SO much better when all of THAT wasn't in my head. No wonder I felt so light in the last life."

She shudders, and looks around her.

"Am I the only one who is really, really pissed right now?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Ginger's scream echoes through the trees. She catches her breath and pants for a bit, then looks around to see the others. Feeling rather bashful, she mutters "Sorry for killing us, guys."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 pm 
Stocky realizes he's now resting on a patch of soft grass in a forest. He stops screaming, sits up and looks around.
weatherwax wrote:
"Am I the only one who is really, really pissed right now?

“Not pissed. Disappointed, I suppose. Sorry, I guess pulling both levers wasn’t such a bright idea.” Stocky smiles sheepishly as he stands up, legs still a bit unsteady, and begins walking around a bit. “My head feels like it’s gonna explode, so many memories, so many lifetimes, and looks like we’re about to start another one.”
AlternateTorg wrote:
Ginger's scream echoes through the trees. She catches her breath and pants for a bit, then looks around to see the others. Feeling rather bashful, she mutters "Sorry for killing us, guys."

“Heh, here I was thinking it was my fault.” Stocky chuckles darkly. “In any event, I guess we should see what we can find out about this place, I’m certain it will become important sooner or later.”
He begins scouting around looking for a road or sign, or something to indicate where they are.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm 
"...and the goldfish..." whimpers Enver. "And... Orz..." He screams again, for good measure, looking up at the trees. "I died..." he adds. "I died in a Kif torture chamber, I was gassed by the Nazis, I was flung into the Pit of Eternal Flame, I was eaten by a dragon, crushed by a bulldozer, accidentally ejected myself from a hovercar trying to change the CD..."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
You are in what seems to be a forest. An old forest. Not one of those newfangled ones that are all briar and bramble and underbrush with small skinny trees. No, this is an old forest, where the oak trees have grown tall and wide, their leaves blotting out much of the sunlight and preventing any undergrowth from growing below.

As you take a look around, you see... forest. Not a path, road, sign of civilization in sight. You hear the sounds of the forest - birdsong, slight small rustles in the trees and down below as small animals move back and forth.

A squirrel drops a nut on Stocky's head and chitters at him angrily.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 pm 
"Good Lord, Enver, you are preaching to the choir," the Lady grumps. "I was a clump of sentient cells part of a giant, floating colony that was sucked up by some ass of a swimming thing, a planet at war with a bunch of other planets that was pushed into my own mother sun, an insectoid whore whose limbs were pulled off one by one by an over-enthusiastic lover, and a bunch of other things that I don't really want to remember right now but AM."

"And I'm still in these TACKY khakis and SLOPPY polo shirt!" she finishes, pounding on the ground with her fists.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"THE ANGELS!" Pretty yells, "Did any of you remember the Angels? Jesus Christ, I died of a heart attack before they actually got me."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The kid carefully wipes his eyes and takes a look around before gingerly standing up. There should be pain. He is always surprised when there isn't.

"Where are . . . "

He coughs as his voice breaks halfway through his sentence.

"Where are we now? The past doesn't matter for the moment."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 am 
"Stocky, Ginger, neither of you got us killed," the Lady says, rising from the floor and dusting herself off. She picks up her spear and looks around. "I'm sure the game was set against us from the beginning. Anyone else want to see if we can't find civilization? And I'm remembering hot stimulants being a very, very good thing. I could go for a STRONG coffee right now."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The kid looks over at Ginger, though he does not meet her eyes.

"it was a good try. You acted, when I could not. Take no pain from your decisions."

He checks his gear, pulling the black diamond from his pocket and quickly replacing it.

"I must agree, Lady. Information would be helpful. Though."

The kid takes a deep breath, looking up at the trees and the sky through them.

"This is a nice place to wake once more."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 am 
"Damned, squirrels," Stocky mutters. "Well, if you can't beat 'em."
Surveying a few of the trees more closely, he chooses one with a few low hanging but sturdy limbs. Moving closer to the tree, he crouches low for a second before springing up quickly. Extending his long arms above him, he grasps one of the lowest branches in both hands and with a mighty heave pulls himself up onto the branch.
He then scoots inward along the limb to the trunk. Bracing himself on against the trunk he slowly stands up on the branch and then reaches out to place his right foot on an adjacent branch and begins slowly climbing upwards. His path up the branches meanders left and right, sometimes circling the trunk as he attempts to find the easiest branches to reach in his climb into the canopy above.
Once he's about as high as he believes he can get safely, he wraps his left arm around the tree trunk and pushes down on a nearby limb to create an opening through which to see the land around. He'll repeat that in each direction hoping to spy something towards which the group can go.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 am 
Slowly but surely Stocky manages to climb the tree. He has to detour every so often when he runs into a branch that starts cracking underneath his weight, but they aren't very common - these trees are old and sturdy. Still, he does reach a point where he cannot safely go any higher. As he looks around, he notes they are apparently on top of a ridge over a large valley - from his current height, he can see a long break through the trees right in the center of the valley, presumably where a small river runs through. More notably, he sees what looks like smoke coming from close to the river, white wifts of it drifting up through the trees.

Now, of course, he just needs to get back down. Which would be simple, except there are three squirrels on the branch right in front of his face... who are holding (wait, those paws have fingers? a thumb?) small sticks, sitting on their hind legs, and looking at him dead in the eye.

One points a stick at Stocky and squeaks cutely.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am 
Ruan wrote:
Slowly but surely Stocky manages to climb the tree. He has to detour every so often when he runs into a branch that starts cracking underneath his weight, but they aren't very common - these trees are old and sturdy. Still, he does reach a point where he cannot safely go any higher. As he looks around, he notes they are apparently on top of a ridge over a large valley - from his current height, he can see a long break through the trees right in the center of the valley, presumably where a small river runs through. More notably, he sees what looks like smoke coming from close to the river, white wifts of it drifting up through the trees.

Now, of course, he just needs to get back down. Which would be simple, except there are three squirrels on the branch right in front of his face... who are holding (wait, those paws have fingers? a thumb?) small sticks, sitting on their hind legs, and looking at him dead in the eye.

One points a stick at Stocky and squeaks cutely.

"Well, I'll be," Stocky says quietly to himself, then looking specifically to the squirrel challenging him. "I'm sorry, I do not understand you. I apologize for intruding, I didn't know this was you're home. I'll just be going now." He, slowly, makes as much of a bow as his position in the tree allows for, then attempts to make his way back down the tree.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The kid, head tilted back so that he can see Stocky's progress mentions his situation to the others.

"It seems that the squirrels are intelligent."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG