Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
In the country of Tigro, there is the kingdom Tigronia. In the kingdom of Tigronia, there is the city of Coca. In the city of Coca, there is a market. In the market, there is a lute shop and in that lute shop is a minotaur posting up a flier.
Quote:
Love Adventure? Enjoy Money?
Warriors, Mages, Rogues and the Like Are Wanted!
Prince Shamus Needs a
Band of Heroes, a Party of Daredevils, a Gang of Swashbucklers
to Quest for Knowledge, Justice and Riches!
If Interested, Go to the Smaug's Horde Tavern and
Ask for Ron!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Elaine is busy behind the counter, tuning one of her acoustics, when she notices the Minotaur placing a flier in her window.

"Hey, hey, now," she says with a grin. "It's always better to ask before you go 'round putting stuff in shop windows. For all I know your from Jason Green's shop."

She shakes her head.

"Damn that grey bastard. Whatcha got there?"

She reads the flier.

"Ahhh. Eh, I'll allow it."

She goes back to tuning.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Bruce throws up the horns as he walks by the minotaur, nodding his head at the bull-man. He heads into the shop, turning immediately to the electric section - specifically the Thrashhead display. He grabs on of the lutes and starts shredding without an amp, checking the sound.

He needs a new lute. He just broke the last one over his bassist's head, trying to get him to come out.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:31 pm 
"Bruce, my man!" Elaine sets down her lute and jumps the counter, joining Bruce at the Thrashhead display. She nudges his shoulder with hers, careful to avoid the spikes. "Bummer 'bout the band, my friend. You guys do good stuff. GOOD stuff. Vocalists, amiright? Flighty. Nothin' steady like a good chord holding 'em down.

Hey, know what? Go on, next lute's on the house. You've been real good to me, hon."

She points to the lute in Bruce's hands.

"Yeah, that's a special one, there. Moloch. Seven strings, solid body, pau ferro neck and the tone," she whistles. "You always did have a good eye, Brucie."

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 pm 
"Hey Laney," Bruce replies, pausing the shreds so the shoulder-bump doesn't screw it all up.

He grins. "Thanks. Need a new one; Justin's still moping." He strums a few more licks, then shoulders the lute. "More bassists than vocalists. It's not like she wasn't doing everyone." He grins wider. "And I do mean everyone. She's an elf, after all."

He makes a face. "Still, have you heard the drek she's been doing lately? Ugh. How do folk listen to music with no bite like that?"

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:03 pm 
"No bite is right." Elaine tsks and shakes her head. "Even elvy music's gotta have soul. She may have been good in the sack, but she's a sop on stage without proper direction!"

She heads back around the counter, pulls out a bottle of Deep Red (a favored Demon liquor -- tastes of burning cherries) and a couple of glasses, pours a good nip in both, and hold one out to Bruce.

"Here's to Justin comin' out of the funk and to future gigs. Worse comes to worse, you can always hit up another elf to solve his problems!" She grins wickedly.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:07 pm 
"To elves and the problems they bring," Bruce replies before inappropriately chugging the liquor.

He motions with the now-empty glass at the poster on the wall. "So, what's the deal with that?"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:49 pm 
Elaine knocks back her Red, hisses (is that a bit of smoke?), and plunks the glass on the counter.

"What that?" she waves a hand in dismissal of the flier. "Aw, some princeling's playing adventure time at Smaug's. You know, recruiting heroes and mages and stuff. What a -- hey wait!" she perks up and grins, quickly shoveling her glass and the Red under the counter.

"You need a little fun time, right?" she says. "Let's go watch the show! Think of it, all those farmboys and rinkitink wizards that failed out of Basstits applying, ready to seek their fortune. Could be good for a laugh."

She hops the counter again and pulls on Bruce's arm.

"Besides, Glitterkind is playing tonight," she says. "Up n comers. Need our support. Waddaya say? Also, ale on me, of course."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 pm 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
The door slams open, and a fairly tall, lanky figure is silhouetted in the doorway.

"Bruce, you son of a bitch!"

A flung bottle, mostly empty of firewhisky, misses Bruce by a mile, and puts a hole through a cardboard standup of Thrashhead. Nice shot to the bassist's goolies. The thrower steps through the door and is revealed: Killthrust. His hair is lank and dirty, and his undershirt is unwashed. He is wearing some quite rips leather pants, huge boots, and a lot of spiked straps on his legs. His long pale-white-with-an-unhealthy-green-tint arms hand at his sides as he stalks across the store, grabs the frontman by his lapels and utterly fails to lift him an inch.

"You broke a.... lute over my head."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 pm 
Bruce makes a face. "Gah! You're getting your stink all over my metal, man." He shoves 'Killthrust' away with one hand. "Go get washed up before I beat some more sense into you."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 pm 
Elaine stumbles away from the quarreling bandmates. Her eyes flash fire. A red glow surrounds her, and her hair lifts from her head.

"Justin Bloodsmasher," she says, her voice deep and hollow. "Did you just throw a bottle in the general direction of my best lutes? And ruin my promotional material??"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
The minotaur, whose been quietly standing in the corner looking until he became slightly nervous of his current company, runs out of the store giving a deep, oxen scream at the sight of the she-demon's fury.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Killthrust scuffs a boot, and looks at his feet.

"Sorry Laney."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 pm 
Bruce grins, and slaps a metal-clad arm around the bassist's shoulders. "C'mon, 'Killthrust'. We're going to Smaug's Horde to get you a bath and to get smashed. Plus Glitterkind's playing. We can tell those faggy dwarves what we think of them."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 pm 
Elaine's glow dissipates, and her hair drops.

"That's better," she mutters, eyes still narrowed.

She links arms with the Orcs.

"Come on, boys, I'm closing up shop."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG