Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"I knew you had it in you," Pretty says, rather dazed on the floor, "Just needed the proper clue." He gets up."Glad I could help. Now, we know these symbols represent the four elements, but what the Hell does the king want." Pretty indicates the king demanding something. "Now, ignorance is our sin. Sin is often associated with fire, though I highly recommend against pressing the fire sigil. Perhaps..." He turns to The Goat. "May I borrow that staff of yours?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:32 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Mine." He wags the rod for emphasis. "Just tell me what you want me to do with it instead."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:40 pm 
"Give it to the statue. The riddle asked for our sin. Sin equals fire. The sigils were clues that it's an element. Fire's an element. That staff shoots fire. Give it to the statue and maybe it'll move us on."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:46 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Mr. Goat looks rather dubiously at his rod, then places it gingerly in the statue's hands. Everyone waits a bit... but nothing happens.

"I thought so." Mr. Goat takes his rod back. "Remember these things come from clearing these puzzles, and the whole place shifts continuously. It's never set what area you'll be going into next, so they can't very well give you an item that ends up being a key to the puzzle. And it's a rod, not a staff. Rods are, you know..." he makes vague hand motions. "Shorter."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:54 pm 
"Rod. Right." Pretty looks harder around the room. Maybe there's something they're missing. If there is a behind to the statue, he looks there too.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:22 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The kid sits on his haunches, studying the area, he had moved to the strong man's side when the pretty man had attempted suicide, but now the riddle had him in its thrall.

"Perhaps . . . I believe you are correct. Perhaps they must be pressed in order. If you are to forge a crown for him, I would say earth, fire, air and water would be the order. Earth for ore, fire for forging, air to stoke the fire and water to quench."

He shakes his head.

"Though I was wrong before."

He looks near the lady, not meeting her eyes.

"Perhaps you could prod him into attempting that."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 pm 
"That's... brilliant. No prodding needed, I'm on it! But... east would be Wind. What would be Earth?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:49 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
The woman tsked.

"The circular sign, I think," she said. "Goatman said the floor fell away when a similar sigil was pressed. Sounds like what earth would do, yes?" she winked at the kid. "But I'm standing close to the wall when you press it. Perhaps the earth will rumble..."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:45 pm 
"Similar, but definitely different, if I remember correctly." Pretty walks over to the statue, flicks the sigil and leaps back, ducking and covering as he lands.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:07 am 
For a moment, nothing happens as the sigil glows to life. Then it becomes readily apparent that leaping back might not have been exactly the correct idea as a block of stone falls down right into the middle of the room. Pretty, thankfully, was moving fast enough that he didn't get hit.

The sigil remains glowing. The stone block is decorated with another plaque:

Quote:
"Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castle's crumbled
And you're left with just a name

Where's your crown, King Nothing?
Where's your crown?"

Lying on top of the block is, indeed, a broken crown. With a slight grinding sound, the king's hand position changes from a hand outstretched to a hand pointing at the crown.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The kid walks over, takes the crown and places it in the king's hand.

"There. Riddle solved."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 am 
"That was extremely life threatening, yet extremely helpful! I believe that's considered chaotic neutral." Pretty waits for something to happen.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 am 
As the young man approaches with the crown, the hand of the statue reaches forward and takes it from his grasp. With a screech of metal and stone, the statue places it upon his brow.

For a moment, nothing happens. Then the crown blazes with light as it magically restores itself. With a great crack, the statue's stone outside splits apart, revealing a final stone block. Written on this one is one final plaque.

Quote:
"I wish I may
I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight
I want that star
I want it now
I want it all and I don't care how

Careful what you wish
Careful what you say
Careful what you wish
You may regret it
Careful what you wish
You just might get it."

On top of the stone block is a jewel - what looks like a diamond - cut in the shape of a star. Mr. Goat swiftly walks over and snags it with a smile. "Thank you."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:20 am 
WLM: [email protected]
"Wait, wait, wait," the lady cries. "You did provide SOME information, but Pretty and the Kid did most of the work, here. Shouldn't one of THEM get the bauble?"

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:58 am 
"Why? Did you think you were getting all that handy information for free?" Mr. Goat holds the jewel up, admiring its' form. "Great craftsmanship, this. I wonder what it does..." He tries flicking it with his finger, but nothing happens.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG