Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:01 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
I am curious to know if I am the only one that thinks Torg is better off without Zoe. Sure she has had an impact on the story in her own right, but I am sort of relieved she is not around. Torg seems more focused and such. He hasn't been concentrating on getting her back either. His focus has been to wipe out the evil organizations. I know he misses her, that would be normal for anyone. I know he wants her back, but I think it is more from the stand point of having the whole Sluggy crew back as opposed to a love obsessed crazy person.

Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:59 am 
Am I the only one that thinks that Zoe and Torg are the only people in Sluggy that still have the effects of the Love Potion within them and their Love for each other is actually a lie?

It's sad but I can't keep thinking that The Love Potion gave Torg and Zoe some sort of ill effect to them because they drank it but even though the Potion's Effect should have worn off Torg and Zoe both looked at each other at the same time and RIGHT when the effect went off so that probably would have cursed them to having some sort of feelings toward each other for a very long time.

Some evidence to this would be that Torg and Zoe CAN move on and have different Relations with other people (Torg with Angela and Zoe with Leo for Example), but for some reason after the Love Potion incident They can't seem to get each other out of their heads.
Torg however had feelings for Zoe for a long time but because of Oasis he couldn't tell her and also because of Oasis Zoe started getting feelings for Torg on "Fire and Rain".

Although I think that's part of their Subconscious of the Love Potion, I mean Zoe changed her Dress most likely because it was the Same Dress she wore on Their Date.

Anyway that's just a thought I had about the whole Torg and Zoe thing. It's a shame since Zoe is probably the only person that Torg has had somewhat of a Decent (and Normal) Relationship with and probably vice versa (although Zoe and Leo was pretty civilized even though Leo Hit her at the end).

It would break Torg down even more to find out Zoe's Situation.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm 
Jorodryn wrote:
I am curious to know if I am the only one that thinks Torg is better off without Zoe. Sure she has had an impact on the story in her own right, but I am sort of relieved she is not around. Torg seems more focused and such. He hasn't been concentrating on getting her back either. His focus has been to wipe out the evil organizations. I know he misses her, that would be normal for anyone. I know he wants her back, but I think it is more from the stand point of having the whole Sluggy crew back as opposed to a love obsessed crazy person.

You're not alone on the Zoe thing; I did a whole thread on the premise that the story needed her to die. See "Some blood in the water for the jumping sharks" from August last year.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
I find the prevalence of this opinion very interesting. Personally, I disagree and want to see those two together and happy in the end. But a lot of folks here are done with Zoe. Has Pete screwed up somehow that so many would rather see Zoe go?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Zoe is my favourite character. She's in essence the only normal one. Sure crazy stuff happens to her but the way she reacts is the most normal of all the characters.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 am 
Orion wrote:
I find the prevalence of this opinion very interesting. Personally, I disagree and want to see those two together and happy in the end. But a lot of folks here are done with Zoe. Has Pete screwed up somehow that so many would rather see Zoe go?

It make a great end (by golly I think it would be a tearful one!) but as you can see...It's not the end.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 am 
Orion wrote:

How is it screwed up when Pete could be writing her out as well as he is? Personally to me Zoe NOT coming back would be story telling risk that can pay off big time. And given she is in a terrible state, you would need to have a really damn good explanation so it doesnt come across as a cheap trick or a badly done Deux Ex.

Personally it really only matters to me that Torg either FINALLY has good things happen to him (he deserves it, he has suffered much) or goes out blazing like a true hero

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
Marcus wrote:
How is it screwed up when Pete could be writing her out as well as he is?

Point.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm 
Marcus wrote:
Personally to me Zoe NOT coming back would be story telling risk that can pay off big time. And given she is in a terrible state, you would need to have a really damn good explanation so it doesnt come across as a cheap trick or a badly done Deux Ex.

I don't know about that. Rammer might have been lying to Riff and/or giving him an old feed from Zoe's first days in DoR. She might be healthy already for all we know.

I think Zoe and Torg belong together, although LegatoSkyHeart's Love Potion theory is intriguing. And Zoe's my favorite character, like Steave. But I will respect Pete's decision and where he will go with the story.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Orion wrote:

It's not that I necessarily want to see her go, I just think Torg is better without her. However, if her dying is the only way to end that, then so be it.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 am 
Jorodryn wrote:

Getting back to the original topic.
No, I don't think he's* better off*.
He isn't concentrated on getting her back?

*yes, I know these are another dimension's Torg, but I feel they adequately show the reader the monster Torg becomes with the loss of zoe.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:57 pm 
LegatoSkyheart, the things your theory tries to explain are all explained by the obvious explanation that they actually fell in love but she wasn't aware of it later on.

LegatoSkyheart wrote:
(although Zoe and Leo was pretty civilized even though Leo Hit her at the end)

Also, the whole thing was based on his thinking she was constantly lying to him. In other words, he was an idiot, and it wouldn't have ended well.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm 
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Zoe and Torg are the only people in Sluggy that still have the effects of the Love Potion within them and their Love for each other is actually a lie?

Actually, there was already tension between them (at least from Zoe's end) as early as this comic, from 1998. Plus, I know there were some other pre-love potion comics were there was chemistry, because this is what makes it so ironic when Torg and Zoe are standing there (at the end of the love-potion arc), looking into each other's eyes... (I just can't find any of these right now, and I don't have time to do a Mega-search. Can anybody out there help me?)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 am 
reflexbc wrote:
LegatoSkyheart wrote:

Actually, there was already tension between them (at least from Zoe's end) as early as this comic, from 1998. Plus, I know there were some other pre-love potion comics were there was chemistry, because this is what makes it so ironic when Torg and Zoe are standing there (at the end of the love-potion arc), looking into each other's eyes... (I just can't find any of these right now, and I don't have time to do a Mega-search. Can anybody out there help me?)

I would like to point out that Gwynn said specifically in this strip that (and I quote/paraphrase) "As the potion wears off, any real feelings he has for you will come to the surface to replace those the potion put there." "So it's like training wheels for a relationship?" Now I know that 'Kenny' sabotaged the effort to make it cause people to go nuts, but maybe looking at each other right at midnight caused the second part to come true, with their real feelings being brought to light? Just a thought...

PS: I support Torg+Zoe

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat