Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:14 am 
I'll certainly get the book, but I'm left wondering if there will ever be a hardback version. Aside from A Very Big Bang I have all the rest in hardback and it would be nice to have a matched set.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:48 pm 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
Is book 10 going to be available for purchase at Ubercon/Slugween?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 pm 
Wow! Sorry I missed this, I would have responded right away! I only have one copy of Book 10. I've placed an order for more but they have to be printed for me just like everyone else. I'll get them soon, but not in time for Slugween. Still, I can't feel disappointed because IT FINALLY EXISTS! I was wondering if I'd ever break through that "no new books" wall!

And Lindley, whereas Ka-Blam currently offers Hardcover editions on demand, they do not do it for custom sizes (which book 10 is, so it matches the other Sluggy Books and is not default comic-book size). If they ever offer it to me, I'll take advantage of it, but it'll probably be WAY too pricey. in other words, I just don't think hardcover book 10s will be around any time soon.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 am 
Pete wrote:
Bun-Bun has objected rather forcefully to the attempt to place him into a scientists nerd-coat.

Sounds painful.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:58 pm 
Since the books are POD, is there any chance to have the cover altered slightly to make it read "gas tank" instead of "gastank", which probably isn't a word? I know it's petty, and the amount of effort vs the number of people who care is probably too high, but that catches my eye every time I pick the book up...

I also noticed that it appears the latter way in Torg's dialogue proper, so I guess you'd also have issues of matching...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 am 
In Reply to Pete's item about the next button taking you to a random comic.

Yesterday's ref to Clubbed Woman took me to a random comic from a few years ago. Clicking the link again or refreshing the page fixed the issue.

In short, the random comic is not only when pressing the next button, it is probably in the code that determines which comic to server based on the URL.

Please pass on to Rit.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I hope this counts as reaction to a news item, since it's about Book 10. I found mine waiting for me when I got home today, and I immediately read the bonus story.

Holy crap, Pete! I never expected to have so much spec confirmed and background filled in all at once! Not since we found out Oasis was pyrokinetic have we learned so much. I won't spoil anything, but anyone who cares about dangling plot threads better get their own copy! So cool.

LB :zoe:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 am 
YAY LB! Its great to know that the book has arrived (Yay Ka-Blam and IndyPlanet, as they are printing each book for us one at a time we have to give them a little leeway in turn-around time, yet they have never let me down!) and that the bonus story was so well received by you! (Yay Me! I let Me down all the time!) Hopefully the good Book 10 news will continue! I was very happy to write for the old pre-TWR Torg, BTW.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:51 pm 
It landed in the UK on Thursday. My reaction's pretty much the same as LB's. Great stuff.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:19 pm 
Just saw the Bun-Bun beany.

Is Bun-Bun wearing a Jane Cobb Hat?Image
Bunny walks down the street wearing that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything. :)
:bunbun:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:53 pm 
ZackDaMan wrote:
Just saw the Bun-Bun beany.

Is Bun-Bun wearing a Jane Cobb Hat?
Bunny walks down the street wearing that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything. :)
:bunbun:

My first reaction to the Bun-Bun beanie: Awwww! How cuuute!
My second reaction -- seriously -- was to duck!
My third reaction -- after gingerly looking around to make sure I wasn't about to be ambushed -- is serious concern for the well-being of the Bun. I s'pose ZackDaMan may have it right -- but if Bun-Bun really were alive and well, would the maker of the hat still be alive???

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:00 am 
swmartian wrote:
... but if Bun-Bun really were alive and well, would the maker of the hat still be alive???

Bun-Bun vs. Jayne.
Now that's one fight I'd pay good money to watch
:bunbun: :bert:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:11 pm 
With regards to the appeal for defenders renewal recently: My subscription had expired and I just didn't notice until Pete posted the news item about it - I don't tend to log in very often. I've renewed now, but a reminder message by email would be useful for forgetful types like me.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 am 
o_O Holy #@(&, I'm sorry I had no idea my comment would lead to you being haunted like that, Pete. I did understand what was happening in that panel, Rammer's pose was just a little akward looking and set my imagination running (out of control).

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 am 
No apologies and no worries! I agree with you completely, your post was funny, and taken as so. But then I just couldn't get it out of my head! ;)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions