Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:56 pm 
It's four interwoven lowercase "h" letters. Two of them are mirror "h" letters. When viewed at the right angle, the bottom half of the "h" looks like a "c".

This is the HertiCorp logo with a better designer.

Post subject: Re: 1-REA-5 Logo
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 am 
That was my initial assumption too, but today's comic causes me to doubt that:
http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20090822

In this bigger, cleaner version, the "straight" lines don't match up so nicely with the curved ones, breaking the illusion of 'h's. In fact, they don't really work as 'c's either. Which leaves 4 'u's? If it's trying to be the logo for this supposed "UG" organization, then where's the 'g'? Or the beef, for that matter. At best, if they're supposed to be different, then you end up with "ucnD", which is probably not right. On the other hand, maybe it's the Hereticorp logo with a WORSE designer..

And what are those markings on the 'wall' the logo is resting on?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
I had thought the design to be four "U"s, too. But looking more closely, I wonder. Note the "hole" in the center of the formation. It doesn't align on the centerlines of the bowls of the "U"s. Instead, it cuts into one of the strokes of each of the "U"s. If you look at the one with the arms pointing in the northeast direction, it looks rather like a highly-stylized "G". An amalgam of U and G, perhaps?

--tll

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:49 am 
so me and my brother were talking about this earlier tonight and we realized something about the logo.

"The tangle threatens to destroy the web"

:D

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:15 am 
Quote:
so me and my brother were talking about this earlier tonight and we realized something about the logo.

"The tangle threatens to destroy the web"

:D

Beat me to it. I was looking at it and my first thought was swastika, but then I thought.... web of fate? I'm betting this is the dimension where the fate spiders take a more active role in shaping the future.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:34 am 
See posts today in Reactions Forum. Four interlocking U's or C's (if C, clearly dervied from the elongated HC "c") with the center cut to resemble an "eye of Horus."

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:36 pm 
Ooo. The "all-seeing eye of Horus." This lends credence to the comment about the microchip implants...what better way to be all-seeing than to have microchips embedded in your populace in order to know who's where, doing what - maybe even FEELING what? And what worse crime than to be someone WITHOUT such a chip?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 am 
When I first saw it, my first impression was of its resemblance to a swastika...
Which obviously did not bode well for Zoe + Torg...
Then when somebody mentioned that it looked like 4 interlocked hC's... I had to agree.
That and the fact that the police unit's name has "REA" in it, seems like it can't be coincidence...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:23 pm 
Okay (btw, I'm new): so we have a tangle of Hereti-looking letters, lightning bolts, and a black spot in the middle. The big thing is the lightning bolts and the black spot in the middle. (This aside from the rainStorm in the background.)

See, THIS is why we need to keep the K'Z'K Cult and HC away from each other. Who needs deadels when you can just take over the world with the vast assets of an evil corporation?

The question now is how did a piece of K'Z'K get to another dimension before becoming sentient?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 pm 
I have to be. It must be wishful thinking. But Maybe, Just MAYBE I'm seeing something special here:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090822

Alright, so, we've got our creepy paradise patrol logo, and that cloudy rain background.
Take a good look at the top half of the logo. The serif-point on the top left arm of the logo looks to be crossing over an eye. The curved right-upper arm looks to be positioned directly below another. Between the two top arms there looks to be a possible nose. The curved-arm on the left side looks to have hair above it, and below it, between the upper left and lower left arms you've got what looks like a shoulder.

And all of it looks like it could come together to form Zoe's face.

Maybe, just maybe I'm suffering of wishful thinking.
But maybe I AM seeing something.

Post subject: Re: I'm seeing things.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:04 am 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
Holy crap, 5-something years and my login still works! For obvious reasons, my obsession with Sluggy has been recently re-ignited, so I've been lurking around the forums for the past few days... But since nobody's commented here yet I figured I'd pop in to say that I can totally see the definitions of a face in the background of the logo... But it really doesn't look at all like a "face-that's-not-been-ravaged-by-supernatural-fire" sort of face... So uh I'm kind of hoping that's just an optical illusion of sorts, or at the very least, not Zoe's face!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 am 
In noticed that there isn't nearly enough speculation about what the symbol of the dimension of happy might stand for, so i thought i might as well get one started.

The symbol http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090822 reminds me of two things.

One: the eightfold path of buddhism. Since this is a belief that incorporates reincarnation it might fit right in with a Paradise-city where everyone keeps being reincarnated. Generally however the 8-path is depicted as a wheel with eight spokes.

Two: 2 interposed swastikas (one with arms going left, one with arms going right). These symbols would be hindu in origin. One of them standing for the creation of the universe and one for the uncreation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika.
This could fit in as well, with the added benefit of the connection swastika-nazis-dystopian society.

Also, the slavs used swastikas to symbolize fire and the sun. With the Slavs it was called the cross of Svarog, where Svarog was their sungod.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:26 am 
AOL: SpiderHunterA
I'm honestly surprised no one seems to have commented on this yet. (Have I overlooked related posts? I know similar spec has been discussed previously.)

Does the background image in today's strip bear a striking resemblance to K'Z'K's symbol to anyone else? :kzk:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:40 am 
AOL: BLAMM67
It absoultely does. I was just scanning the forums to see if anyone else had noticed. I think we're in a Paranoia themed dimension where K'Z'K successfully took over. The good news? A Paranoia theme is one that explains why Riff is still alive after being gunned down AND it leaves open the possibility of Zoe still being alive.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
To me that background image looks more like the windows in the Emperor's chamber in the Death Star Mk. II. Oh, and the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. Heck Star Wars architecture in general.

--tll

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat