Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:38 am 
You know what would be nice? Having a link under the comic going straight to its Reactions thread. I think it would encourage more reaction-writing and would be faster than going sluggy.net -> Forum -> Reactions -> thread.

I don't mean under each comic going back into the archives obviously, just new ones. Anyway, just tossing it out there, but I think it would be good :)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:16 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
I agree that a reactions link would be nice. Although since the thread ID isn't set until the thread is created and there is no good way to predict what it will be, it would involve a mod creating the thread, copying the URL, then pasting it somewhere else. This is dangerous if for some reason they get a session ID in there (allowing anybody who followed the link to be logged in as the mod), but theoretically that could be automatically cleaned out with code. The short of it is, doing it safely will involve code, and it will still be kind of a pain in the butt to keep up to date.

Now, a link directly to the reactions forum rather than the individual thread wouldn't be tough at all...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:48 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Interesting idea. You might submit it to Pete as it deals with the .com side making changes.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments