Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:24 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
"Wouldnt someone have to be bleeding before we could study that?" Toshio snorted.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:54 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Krail9
"Wait, WHAT? What was that!? Earth has controlled macroscopic quantum tunneling technology?" A female voice shouts from the pocket of Mori's jacket. Mori looks slightly embarrassed. "Oops, sorry," the voice whispers rather loudly.

"Was that a quantum mechanics equation he wrote on the board?" she continues quietly to Mori. "What that a data manipulation transformation, or was that teleportation? It could be a copy and paste function, that can look like tunneling, and the principal is similar..." Mori shrugs.

Mori suggests to the teacher that they talk about ways the body reacts under stress and the various chemicals and energies, like adrenaline and other... energies..., that allow you to exceed your normal capabilities.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 am 
Michio looks at Mori's pocket. That voice talks of Earth as if it didn't come from here... I wonder what it is?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:08 pm 
"Do you have an alien-simulation meta-data-device?" Eriko asks Mori. "I set mine to that setting once for fun, but the added comments got old after a while."

She taps the large "watch" on her wrist meaningfully.

"I prefer the watch version, that way I won't lose it, I'm forever losing things, but the pocket ones are nice, too."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:55 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
To the outside observer, it would appear as if Kensakai is simply looking around confusedly. However, inside, a lengthy internal dialogue is taking place.

A little showy, isn't he?

Are you still on the "the teachers are using fancy technology to convince us that they're mages when in actuality they just lucked into some amazing superscience" theory of yours?

Until I see evidence that contradicts this "theory," then it is much more accurate than the absurd one which you espouse.

Right. OK, so what would you call this one?

The technical term would cause you migranes. "Macroscopic quantum tunnelling technology," as Mori's companion - who is of interest, I must say, but we can discuss that later - called it is a reasonable approximation, but still too technical for daily use. I believe the appropriate term in your culture is "jump drive." The level of advancement, however... it gives me concern. Our jump drives are incapable of making such a clean transition - they create a... breach, or gate, I suppose, would be the proper Earth analogy, between two points in space. This causes a complete shift. Further, there was minimal waste energy, minimal generation of radiation due to the distortion of space, m...

OK, what are you saying?

Earth technology appears to be incredibly anachronistic. The gynoid, for example, is beyond the projected development of your science at this stage, but not in the far distant future. That nanolathe we saw earlier, however, was at Telmorian levels, which were achieved over the course of many human civilizations worth of cooperation between an empire of scientists... and this drive is beyond known levels. It is, quite simply, beyond any known level of technological ability, nor projected level of technological advancement.

Wait... so there are people more advanced than you guys out there?

Anachronistic development is not entirely unusual. We have discovered less-advanced species who had managed to construct a few devices which advanced our own scientific understanding. However, this goes beyond any anachronism ever observed.

Is that a yes, or a no?

It is a call to observe. Our observations, further, should begin with that drive, if at all possible - not only to discover how it works, but to see if it was earth-made, or originates from another source.

It's not from here - no government in the world could keep something like that under wraps.

The same way they could not keep extra-sensory perception, alien life-forms, and humanoid combat armor from the general public?

OK, you have a point.

Kensakai then stops looking around, and instead looks towards the professor, raising his hand.

"Sen..."

Professor is the appropriate term for an english-speaker.

Ah, sorry

"...Erm... Professor? It's not related to biology, but can I talk to you after class?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 pm 
AOL: EagleScout8414
"Wow! That was amazing, sensei!" is all Daisuke can exclaim as Argus completely transformed the room.

As for Argus' question, Daisuke isn't sure what he means by biology, but he knows where you usually have to go if you want to learn about something.

"We could go outside." he responds to the professor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:43 am 
Michio raises an eyebrow. After Sensai's just teleported all the science equipment into the room? "Alternatively, we could start with a thorough study of the differences between different species. Or perhaps of only one branch of fauna, mammals, say, or reptiles."

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG