Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:12 am 
Michio is puzzled.

He doesn't understand why Kyoko got so many votes and yet none of those people had thought that she was worth the original nomination.

Or did a third of the class think she had no chance, that she was a safe target for, in effect, a blank vote?

He turns to see her reaction to the news.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:55 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Kensakai looks over at Kyoko, not really surprised, but a bit interested - hoping she's OK with this. When Yankina announces the run-off, however, his crimson eyes turn back to her, curious.

I'm surprised I did as well as I did, considering I never made a speech at all. Guess it's time. Well, wish me luck.

Good luck.

And with that, Kensakai stands, the look in his red eyes becoming a hard one. He steps to the front of the class, a faint breeze blowing through his hair, glances over the classroom, and closes his eyes.

"I'm not like Mori-san, Barnes-san, or Rio-san. I've never had any leadership experience. In fact, you might say that my main experience was the reverse... I got in a lot of trouble back in the day. So far, I've always been the last person anyone would expect to be a leader..."

And the eyes open, a fiery look shining within the crimson irises.

"However!"

Kensakai-san thrusts an arm out, and the breeze around him begins to pick up. His clothing begins to billow dramatically, and in a more enthusiastic voice, he continues.

"There is more to being a leader than simply having experience, and simply following the rules that others set forth! I have lived my life by the principle that it is better to do what is right than to do what is expected or expedient, and it is a principle that I follow to this day, and shall follow into the future! Though it has landed me in trouble, I would rather suffer a hundred detentions, carry a thousand buckets, write a million lines, than do what is wrong! After all, to ignore problems because doing so is easier, to ignore the voices of those who cry out in need, to ignore the very people who look up to you... no person who does such a thing can call themself a leader! No... a person who bows down like that can hardly call himself a human being!"

The wind now whips up into a gale, and his eyes seem almost to glow as his hand clenches into a fist, which he raises to the sky.

"And so, I promise you, my fellow students, my Representative, and my teacher, that I shall never fail you in such a way! Regardless of the way the winds blow, regardless of what trials I shall face, if you choose me here and now, I will serve you with all of my strength! If you are in need, come to me, and I will shoulder your burden! If you suffer, if you are bullied or suffering injustice, lift your voice to me, and I will help you! Even if the entire rest of the school stands in my way, even if Hell itself opens before me, I will represent you loyally! And I swear to you, here and now, that as I draw breath, as strength remains within these bones, as the slightest spark burns within my soul, I will fight on, and do what is right!"

And the wind dies down, his eyes close once more, and a faint smile crosses his face.

"Will you accept my pledge?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:30 pm 
AOL: Krail9
Suki's tiny voice whispers from Mori's pocket, "Oooh, did you see that, Mori? I've never seen Ai energies act like that. His is way different from yours. This school is going to do wonders for my research."

A mildly interested "hmm..." is his only response. He gives a smile and a slight nod to Kensaki as he returns to his seat, then gets up and comes to the front of the classroom.

He stands there silently for a moment, collecting his thoughts.
Imagine, if you will, standing at the back of the class, looking up the aisle at Mori, desk behind him and the outline of the chalk board like a proscenium arch overhead. The view slowly sweeps closer, walking up the aisle until there is just Mori's torso against the clouded green chalk board. You can see something in his face.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

The chalkboard fades away to reveal a scene...

A boy with glasses, a girl with an electric guitar, and a large, blue, cat... thing.... stand around a younger Mori. "Well, Mori-san," the boy in the glasses says, "You seem the most involved in all of this, what do you think we should do?"
---------------------------

The boy with glasses sits among the wreckage of some highly advanced computer equipment. The cut and beaten bodies of unearthly monsters lie strewn about the room. Mori stands over the other boy, his hand extended. The girl and the cat thing stand to either side, looking doubtful.
"Mori.... after... after everything I've done... I... betrayed you guys... and... You still came to rescue me...."

Mori responds, "..." and gives him a look like he's thinking, come on back, none of that matters, I miss my friend.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, if you look closely you can almost see the memories going through his mind.
Mori looks out at the class and explains that he never really asked to be a leader. Many times he'd had the position forced upon him by circumstance. He thinks this gives him... a bit of a different perspective on leadership. He's used to acting alone, but he says he's had to adapt to many different situations, from delivering packages throughout a small town, to mediating fights between friends, to being the captain of a baseball team, to leading a small group of people into battle.

For someone sitting to the front and at the far edge of the classroom, they can see Mori's face in profile, surrounded in a halo of yellowish light from the morning sun coming in through the window.
He is determined. When he sets his mind to something he will keep at it, and he will forget no detail. The wind picks up outside, and a tree sways dramatically behind his head framed in the window. Time and time again he has learned that, in the hour of darkness, when all else has failed and all his friends lie defeated, that lone spark of determination (Not to mention memorizing various houses in order to meticulously deliver 50 packages at just the right time of day so as to win 20 hyperelixers from grateful citizens, but he doesn't say this) can mean the difference between a great victory and the ultimate defeat.
Most of all, what Mori really believes in is unity.

You could imagine a view from somewhere on the chalk board, behind Mori and slightly above him. From this vantage you might see the entire class spread out before you, all looking ahead, with Mori standing like a pillar at the center of your view.
The most powerful force in the world, he says, is a strong group of people that really believe in one another and can work together. He seeks to inspire that strength in this class. He will do his best to see that each of you will realize your full potential and will be able to work for something that you believe in. Whatever conflicts may arise, he will see them through to their solution without fail. He will lead by example, never giving up and being a leader that all his classmates will be proud of.

He gives the class a quick, respectful bow, then returns to his seat.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:24 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Nobody probably notices, but as Kensaki's speech rolls on, Hawatari's own yellow eyes are glowing as if lit by a fire behind them. When all is said and done however, she's as impassive as ever... though she knows whose she's going to vote for. Herself, going out for Kendo captain will be enough.

On her notebook, sitting open for anyone to see if they cared to glance at it, are two notes to herself.

"Kensakai protects people from bullies... Kensakai is just like me."

and

"Research methods of giving a speech without saying a word."

She then tears off a piece of paper and writes a name on it, slipping it into the votebox once more and sitting back down, hands folded, waiting for the results.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:18 am 
Misao is feeling conflicted.

The first thing he did - when Kensakai and Mori started their speeches - was to get ready to write down quotes from them that he could perhaps use later to persuade them to help him in his quest if necessary. In Kensakai's speech, he noted down a quote or two...

...but Mori's speech was different.

It had been a good speech. It had been an excellent speech. It may even have been the best speech he'd heard since - well, technically, that hadn't happened yet. In a strictly chronological sense, therefore, it was without doubt the best speech he'd ever heard.

But, somehow, he'd gotten so carried away by Mori's speech that he'd entirely forgotten to note down critical quotes; and, to make it worse, although he knew what the speech was about he couldn't remember any specific quotes. Moreover, he felt that Kensakai was more likely to be helpful to his mission - if he knew what was going on. Mori, on the other hand, was likely to try to redeem the - but was also less likely to try to do more than temporarily disable Misao if he didn't know what was going on.

Misao looked down at his voting slip. Both speeches - he had originally wanted to recuse himself from the voting again, so as not to mess with the timeline, but after hearing those speeches, he felt an overwhelming urge to vote - or, to be more specific, he felt two overwhelming urges.

One to vote for Kensakai.

And one to vote for Mori.

He stared at the empty piece of paper, feeling the weight of time, the responsibility of changing the world, resting heavy on his shoulders. He felt like the fulcrum of a seesaw, when there was a heavy weight on not one, but both sides - and he didn't know which was heavier. He felt like David, standing between two Goliaths, like the rope in a game of tug-of-war, like a tree being pushed by two different elephants on opposite sides.

He continued to stare at the paper, unsure of what to write.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:05 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
Takuya snaps a few photos during each speech, impressed and curious. He was pretty sure he couldn't pick up whatever energy they were putting off, but he really wanted to. Not to mention that whoever was chosen could either be a help or a hindrance to him.

Checking the screen on the back of his camera to take a look at the shots, he sees half of them Mori, and the other half static. Takuya growls and almost vindictively scrawls Mori's name on his vote before dropping it in the box.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:13 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
There's been a rather oppressive silence in one part of the room. Most notably, in the general vicinity of Kyoko, who has quite possibly one of the most unique expressions on her face that her classmates have ever seen.

One: She's been selected for Class Rep. Despite the fact that she had declined the nomination.

This explains at least part of the horror-turning-to-anger look on her face... which generally involves her hair bristling. Yes. Catgirls have bristling hair.

Bet you didn't know -that-.

Two: Upon at least beginning to retort that she didn't WANT THE POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE she was shown a GAR-off between two classmates. One of which was Kensakai.

She immediately began blushing the moment that she realized that she really, really, really wanted to vote for Kensakai before he even spoke. After his actual speech, this feeling only intensified.

Thankfully the speech by Mori managed to confuzzle her into subduing the impulse.

This explains the slightly flushed look on her face.

Three: Being a tsundere, the fact that she wants to vote for Kensakai really pisses her off.

This explains her looking very much like she wants to hiss at something. And her painted fingernails are looking rather disturbingly like claws.

So.

In summary, we have a bristly haired, flushed, extremely angry looking tsundere catgirl who's about to blow.

There's a loud scraping noise as Kyoko leaves her seat, excuses herself for a moment, and leaves the room. Those paying attention will see Mimi grinning wickedly just outside the door. She pulls out a large pillow from behind her back.

There's a moment of silence.

Then the most godawful LOUD sounds you've ever heard seem to be coming from the next room over. Smashing, slashing, yowling, screeching, what sounds rather suspiciously like gunfire and explosions, a scream from an unfortunate student who wandered by and may be scarred for life -- you know, that sort of thing.

There's another moment of silence.

Kyoko re-enters the room. Her hair is impeccable, and back where as it normally is. Her seifuku is clean and unwrinkled, and there's not a smudge on it, or on Kyoko herself. She looks serene and calm. Not a bit perturbed.

The pillow, on the other hand...rather, what's -left- of the pillow, as it looks slashed, bludgeoned, pierced, shot, burned, and what looks like there could possibly be slime? on one edge... is handed back to Mimi, who gingerly takes it and leaves to dispose of it. Those with particularly good hearing can hear her mutter "good thing I brought a spare uniform".

Kyoko goes back to her seat and writes down her vote. For Kensakai, predictably enough. She looks down at the paper, face expressionless for a moment, and then turns it in to the teacher.

Once back in her seat, she settles in with a smile.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:34 am 
Michio's still staring at his piece of paper when the sounds from the next room start quite suddenly.

Gunfire.

Explosions.

Screaming.

For him, these noises mean only one thing - an attack on some innocent being.

Before the echo of the first bullet has finished echoing, his chair is empty, falling over backwards. And before his chair hits the ground, there's a large hole in a nearby window and Misao is no longer in the classroom.

Dropping to all fours, he hurries along below the level of the windows to the the next classroom. As silent as a ghost, he stands up next to one window and carefully peers around to see who's attacking what, futuristic weapon at the ready.

His eyes go wide as he sees the carnage being heaped upon a poor, innocent pillow.

Back in the classroom, his voting slip, still blank, flutters to the floor.

Last edited by CCC on Thu May 29, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Hawatari's head cocks to one side as the tantrum outside goes off and almost instantly Misao takes out a window. She places two fingers to her chin, "Almost sounds like Tama-Chan when he has to go to the vet and needs his temperature taken... odd."

She then gets up and pokes her head carefully out the broken window to see Misao sneaking around like Solid Snake. "Um... Misao-Shi? I do not think being spotted mid-tantrum is something she had in mind. I would return to class." If he comes back right away, she helps him through the window... should he take it again.

Afterwards she walks back, brushing Kyoko's desk with her hand and walking to the closest at the back of the room, taking out a broom and dustpan and goes back to the window, cleaning up the glass.

Upon Kyoko's desk sits a small toy mousy, non-catnip variant.

"Always make's Tama happy..."

*sweep sweep sweep*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:25 am 
Suitably chastened, Michio hurries back to class - trying not to let Kyoko spot that he was gone - finds his voting slip, writes "Blank Vote" on it and tries unsuccessfully to look inconspicuous.

Last edited by CCC on Thu May 29, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
Takuya seems to be grimacing at something on the back of his camera, which had been pointed in the direction of Kyoko's tantrum and snapping rapidly only moments ago. He quickly withdraws his PDA, opens a file and makes a note before shutting it back down.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:05 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
As the dust settles from two utterly amazing speeches, and the class stirs with a murmur, Yankina thinks with her eyes closed.

After a minute, she slams her palm into the chalkboard to get the class to quiet down, and she says, "Amazing. Kensakai and Mori... both of you have astounding potential."

Looking at Kensakai, she says, "You have the energy and the charisma to be truly inspiring. Your message is harder to swallow than Mori's, for many who would harm the world have also used the justification of 'It is what is right.' The question of that path is always, 'Who decides what is right.'"

Turning to Mori, she says, "You 'spoke' of believing in people, and through it demonstrated your experience in leading. Your message has been said more than Kensakai's, and it is indeed equally formidable... but it too has its questions. For eventually, you must ask, 'How far can I give my faith, and how far can people believe in me.'"

Turning her back to the class, she says, "It is impossible to decide between you, and I say this as someone who has FACED the impossible and lived."

Turning back, she says, "What do you two think about sharing the Vice Representative position?"

As the rumble in the class grows louder... the door to the room opens up a crack. Yankina turns her head and says, "It seems we have a visitor... come on in."

((OOC: WARNING! A new player is approaching!))

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:15 pm 
"I'm so sorry I'm late!"

"Where is my seat?"

Reads the chalkboard almost instantaneously. "Names? Should I write my name?"

With a jangle of enormous earrings, a small girl bangs the door open and dashes forward, promptly crashing into whoever is nearest the door.

"Sorry, sorry!"

She runs her hands through her light-blue hair and only succeeds in disheveling it more.

"Yankina Sensei? Kai Eriko here!" She dashes up to write her name on the board, in a flurry of chalk dust.

"Oh wait, not all the names are here, slips of paper, voting, my mistake! She rubs the name off again, getting white dust all over her sleeve.

"Which seat is mine!?!"

Eriko stands still at the front of the room. While hardly pretty, her black eyes, black braces, and ornate black wire necklace practically murder for attention set off against her extremely pale white skin and pale blue hair.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:23 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Yankina's eyes widen in a bit of... terror? Confusion? Something, as this storm of energy blows in. However, she reads down her list and says, "Kai Eriko... yep, you ARE on the list. Why weren't you in class to introduce yourself yesterday?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:32 pm 
"Sensei, sensei, I was... sick! Are introductions in order? I am Kai Eriko." She gives a quick bow to the class.

"And I should like to learn all of your names as soon as possible. Shall I sit here?"

She takes a seat next to Kyoko and manages to sit on her tail somehow.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG