Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:34 am 
BlankSlate wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
How many people have given Bun-bun a bloody nose?

There have been a few.
Santa. Aylee. Cloney. Himself in OU.

Still, not many. Just chalk it up to the perception of Ares instead of the 'reality'. :sam:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:13 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
BlankSlate wrote:
No. Under no condition should this become a sticky.
Once we have everything compiled we should boil everything down and take the results and make them into a sticky.
I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

IF someone would like to take responsability for the content.

and

IF someone would like to organize this topic into one cohesive opening post.

I will happily sticky a W.O.H.P.A.B-B.H. thread.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:28 pm 
Eek! It's got to have a better name than that. *looks round* What?! I can't do acronyms! Oh alright... um... N.E.R.D.B.O.Y: Nearly Everything Relevant Deduced about Bun-bun's Origin and, and... something beginning with Y... Yearnings??? *flees, hiding face in shame*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:11 pm 
I am delighted that we humble souls have garnered the favor of this forum's higher powers, may their wisdom never fade. Unless there is any other soul interested in such an undertaking, I would be willing to place upon myself the burden and honor of constructing and maintaining said thread. But, should another come forward with the wish to try their own hand at its construction, I will not rob them of the opportunity.

It is, however, somewhat early in the process to place a sticky. I will begin construction but, in the meantime, every willing pair of hands will be needed. Finding links to particular threads, dredging up obscure theories that haven't been mentioned in eons. Providing supporting and contradictory evidence for each. There is much for us all to do. And for some strange reason it feels as if we are reenacting the plot of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Note that I will probably be blatantly mooching off of RYXlord's W.O.H.P.A.O.H 4 thread in creating this new one. It is too functional of a skeleton to just ignore. I dearly hope that he is alright with that.

Edit: So far it seems that, while we have at least as many hard facts conscerning Bun-Bun as we did with Oasis, we have far fewer theories. I suppose its just easier for us to take him at face value and to avoid overthinking on the matter. In any case, I wish to ask if this sort of arrangement would be satisfactory.

BlankSlate wrote:
W.O.H.P.A.B-B.H: The Bun-Bun Compendium.

Table of Contents
    Table of Contents
    A Message from the Sponsors
    Known Facts
    Theories
      Origin & History
      Physical Nature
      Future
    Contributors

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 pm 
Since I started this thread, I guess I can give about as much permission as anyone. :P You're more than welcome to do the honors, if you like (assuming others are kosher with it?). I'm far to busy at the moment, but would love to see this happen (and think NERDBOY was a great acronym, if we could figure out the Y :)).

Seems like a good outline, can obviously be tweeked if we need as things develop. A good start might be to just, as you say gather as much evidence as possible, I'm sure theories will spin off as we do that. Can def. help out in support functions, once we start doing some digging.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:10 pm 
Nearly Everything Relevant Deduced about Bun-bun's Origin, Y'all (for those rednecks in the audience) :kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:01 pm 
lesotheron wrote:
Nearly Everything Relevant Deduced about Bun-bun's Origin, Y'all (for those rednecks in the audience) :kiki:

:oasis: And Texans! Not all Texans are rednecks!

...Of course, I've never said "y'all" in my life except when I've told people how I've never said "y'all" in my life.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:11 pm 
No need to take offense, having never traveled farther south than Washington DC, I automatically associate the word "Y'all" with rednecks. I apologize for my cultural insensitivity. If you want, we can substitute it with what we say where I'm from. I just didn't think many people would understand (or approve of) Nearly Everything Relevant Deduced about Bun-bun's Origin, Y'unz.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:29 pm 
Rocketman wrote:
BlankSlate wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
How many people have given Bun-bun a bloody nose?

There have been a few.
Santa. Aylee. Cloney. Himself in OU.

Still, not many. Just chalk it up to the perception of Ares instead of the 'reality'. :sam:

Let us not forget his Punyverse nemesis, "Lodoze", aka "Secret Flaking Napstich Napstich". I figger, if an opponent can draw any blood from Bun-bun, and/or make him limp, it's a formidable opponent indeed. BTW, what the freg is a “Napstich”, anyway?

Mr. "Yeah, I know, y'all wanna forget the Punyverse ever existed - Oh, and I like "y'all" for the Y in N.E.R.D.B.O.Y. A lot." Jest

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:16 am 
Actually Bun bun's taken a decent number of wounds since he started a more active world-domination trip. The Pumpkin managed to make a nice slash straight down his tummy with his scythe too, if you check just before Bun bun finished him.

Until the Cloney battle though, my roomate and I had gone with the "Bun bun kills ANYthing!" therom. It seems to be fairly disproved now, though most things short of demigod power still don't stand much of a chance. :)

I'm still waiting to see Bun bun vs. the Kittens. *grins* Oh, and wait till you see his stats in the roleplaying game. :bunbun:

Y'all works, if our southerners don't mind it. Alternatively, we could make the sound one of us would make if Bun bun learns we've been digging up his past.... something along the lines of YEAAARRRGHHHHHAAARRMMMMmmmm... (sound discontinued due to removal of lips).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:03 am 
1) In a previous thread long, long ago it was decided that Bun-Bun would airdrop 18 live dairy cows that had not yet been milked for the day one by one to pacify the kittens. He would then collect all 18 and trop them in a completly full milk truck (all milk, no air) and screw the lid on real tightly. The issue is that Bun-Bun is the most skilled killer in all the land but he simply can not apply enough force with his dagger to damage those infernal felines. Even if he could, the knife would shatter long before he pierces their skins.

2) Lodoze indeed did rock. Yes, he was a blatant ripoff of Lobo... but sometimes we need blatant ripoffs. He was a delicious arch-enemy/punching bag for our favorite killer rabbit. I weep for the loss of the Punyverse which, while it may have been stupid, offered so many opportunities for parody, humor, and violence...

3) Back on topic.

I remember theories including the possibility that Bun-Bun's mother was slain by a previous owner of Chaz, that Bun-Bun's origins lie in the future rather than the past, that a third incarnation of him was pulling all the strings in Timeless Space as that crazy megalomaniac we never see, that Bun-Bun is an extension of the universe's will trying to slap some sense into itself, and probably a dozen more crazy ones that I can't remember right now.

Come on. Keep talking, everyone.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:41 am 
Here's one completely out of the blue as far as I know, and that I don't actually subscribe to (I believe he's always been a bunny):

Bun-bun was the original wielder of Chaz. :)

Alternately, that was Santa. @.@;

I do like the one that says Chaz/wielder killed his mom, though (the shadow realm is so distorted and ornate that there's no way to be sure that sword wasn't Unholy Evil Death Bringer). Note that Bun-bun Prime has never seen Chaz in active mode.

I can just picture Torg powering the blade up in some dire and unpleasant emergency, only to hear the lop's voice from behind him:

"Where. Did. You. Get. THAT. SWORD?!"

*ka-click*

;)

--The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
"One of these days, milkshake -- BOOM!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:15 pm 
Nice thought. I also don't subscribe to that, but its certainly interesting.
As to the possibility of Santa being the original wielder of Chaz, read this.

Wikipedia wrote:
Another early folk tale, originating among the Germanic tribes, tells of a holy man (sometimes Saint Nicholas), and a demon (sometimes the Devil, Krampus, or a troll). The story states that the land was terrorized by a monster who at night would slither down the chimneys and slaughter children (disembowelling them or stuffing them up the flue, or keeping them in a sack to eat later). The holy man sought out the demon, and tricked it with blessed or magical shackles (in some versions the same shackles that imprisoned Christ prior to the crucifixion, in other versions the shackles were those used to hold St. Peter or Paul of Tarsus); the demon was trapped and forced to obey the saint's orders. The saint ordered him to go to each house and make amends, by delivering gifts to the children. Depending on the version, the saint either made the demon fulfill this task every year, or the demon was so disgusted by the act of good will that it chose to be sent back to Hell.

I brought this up long, long ago and I thought it might be fine spec-fodder once again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:57 pm 
AOL: Bantafood
EvilMidnightLurker wrote:
"Where. Did. You. Get. THAT. SWORD?!"

We all know the recurring line is "What IS that sword?"

I've always liked the Unified Sluggy Theory, so the idea that Bun-Bun and Chaz share origins further connected to ANOTHER known character is quite fun.

The only former wielder of Chaz that we know is the TWR guy. There were undoubtedly others. Most important, though, is his FIRST wielder. Who was he made for, and why?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:02 pm 
The Max wrote:
The only former wielder of Chaz that we know is the TWR guy. There were undoubtedly others.

There's also Torgamous, and Chaz's master, who slew the TWR guy and took Chaz from him.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat