Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: WoW For Sluggites
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:04 pm 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: crossroads_inc42
AOL: Eric+Fischer
As par thought up from the Starcraft Thread... The Warcraft thread!
Whats your name? What level are you at? and which Sever?
Have deeds of Dear'n Do? Tales of heroism? Sillyness? and other such fun? post here!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:23 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: TiDragoner
AOL: RiazKnyne
Garona server here. I seem to get up to about level 10 or 12 then start another character because I want to try too many. :-P Blah. Oh well :)

Mostly play my rogue gnome (Riaz) who's level 11 or my Tauren Shaman (Ralla) lvl 15

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:29 pm 

My latest is a Human Priestess who's been getting her ass kicked pretty thoroughly in Lakeshire. Stupid dragon infested hick town.

I also have a level 10 night elf hunter that I never play, a level 28 undead warrior that I used to play a lot but don't anymore, and a dwarven rogue that's pretty much been doing nothing but auctioning items for the priestess.

*cough* I wish I had time to really level the priestess, but Sluggy has a way of expanding to devour any and all time you may be able to set aside for it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:53 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: Fite+Mashine
I just wish I had the time and money for World of Warcraft because it sounds awesome. :(
I just don't think I'd get around to playing it enough to make it worth the subscription fee.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:57 pm 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Well I am a bit stuck, BOTH Of my brothers have the game, heck, my younger brother was a Beta tester for it and has a Lvl40 Tauran Druid!

Alas, untill I get a monethly income I caanot join them in thier adventures :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:58 pm 

The best argument I've ever heard for the cost-justification of an MMO is to compare it to the movies.

Going to a movie will generally cost you about $15 with ticket, popcorn, and soda. This yields at most 2 hours of entertainment. So, if you think you'll play a given game for more than 2 hours a month, the cost just justified itself.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:25 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I play on Feathermoon, because that's where my brother and roommates play. Level 24 undead mage and level 20 human paladin. I like both styles, so I can't stick with one, though the paladin is an absolute beast and can take a heck of a lot more than the mage. But the mage throws magic missiles! So, they're both cool.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 am 
What if you haven't finished the popcorn?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:37 am 

LOL unless your local movie theatre concession stand offers you refunds for unused portions of popcorn... ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:50 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: Dr+Quacksalver
Location: Fighting the good fight! The War on Low Temperatures is a righteous battle!
I really want to play WoW. Unfortunatly, I don't think its in stores yet (wasn't before Christmas), and at the very best, I'll be able to play when school ends. But probably not. So, then I have to wait until autum and make sure wherever I rent a place then, has good 'net access. It's quite annoying, I wanted to have a little female Gnome Warlock, a wee little girlie who runs around and summons demons and wields the infernal power of the Burning Legion.

But I'm a lot more into Warcraft III. Can I talk about that too? I love the map editor, some of the better custom maps/campaigans is truly awesome. I'll mention a few if there's some interest. ;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:57 am 
Oh it was in stores all right. It sold out completely in my area, right when my 10-day trial ran out. Since WoW makes you go out and buy the box to get a full license key, I'm stuck till I find one.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:31 pm 
Moist Happy of DOOM!
Just a little update, since we might as well keep a list for those that want to play with Sluggites later:
*** Server:
DragonOfAnnoyia
lvl * Night Elf Druid

Garona server:
Timat
Lvl 10-12

Brokentusk Server:
Thyla
lvl 28 undead warrior (Morti)
lvl 18 human priestess (Glorena)

Cenarion Circle Server:
Thyla
lvl 10 night elf hunter (Risa)

Feathermoon Server
FreakyBoy
lvl 24 undead mage
lvl 20 human paladin

Skullcrusher Server
Jed
lvl 12 Troll Rogue, Providence Clan

Proudmoore Server
Wireball
lvl 22 Gnome Mage, Warsong Clan

Dreanor Server
Aluicious
lvl * Night Elf Rogue

Laughing Skull Server
kr00t
lvl 26 Tauren Shaman (Kryias)

Whisperwind
mrmycon
lvl 23 Gnome Warlock (Mordaz)

Last edited by Crossroads Inc. on Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:36 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:22 pm 
throw me on that list too:

lvl 49 Troll Rogue, skullcrusher server, clan Providence

edit: I lvl'd.....a lot ;)

Last edited by Jed on Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:48 am 
How cool! I just got World of Warcraft recently, myself. I noticed the "sold-out" phenomenon - I had to visit three stores, and at the third store (Target) I found the one remaining copy behind another game.

I participated in the open beta, but didn't get a copy immediately because I was afraid it would interfere with my classes too much. I've since determined that it doesn't really make much difference - if I deprive myself of MMORPG's and modern games, I spend my time playing old games like EGA Trek - so I may as well spend my time playing something I enjoy and that lets me talk with my friends.

I'm currently playing a level 15 (as of 5 Jan 2004) Gnome Mage (with engineering and mining) on the Proudmoore server*, as a member of the Warsong Clan (I know - sounds like an orcish clan - I'm sure if it's possible we'll have Orcish members eventually - our founder is attempting to make contact with the Orcs - in fact just today he got chased by a horde of them).

*A highly populated server which tends to get a bit overloaded and occasionally crash or kick people out around 8 or 9PM PST, but it's where one of my longtime online friends plays, and it's not too bad.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:50 am 

Hehe my husband (Rit) had preordered his copy, and we figured I'd play on the 10-day pass until the stores had a chance to restock. Shirt Guy Tom (who works for Blizzard) offered to get us a spare copy but the game was so incredibly sold out that Blizzard had to dip into their employee inventory.

Rit finally found my copy at a store in NYC. I *have* heard of people having major issues getting a hold of their copy, though. Too bad Blizzard won't do an online download thing you could pay for. Then again, the servers are getting somewhat overcrowded all on their own - they don't need more help ;)

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat