Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post subject: the kitoba game
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:16 am 
OK, I was inspired by drachefly and steave to get the kitoba game out of mothballs! If you have never played this one before, this time it is quite similar to drache's in terms of evolving game state and scoring. He made it a little easier than this one, however... in as much as his rules never changed! :kiki:

[OOG - this post would have scored the maximum 3 points for any one post. Rules will never change without an announcement. OOG comments may contain clues.]

Post subject: Re: the kitoba game
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:29 am 
OK, I have a number of immediate questions. If there were not a three-point per-post cap, would the point-scoring rule perhaps permit point totals greater than three? And the most important question of all... can OOG comments score points?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:35 pm 
[OOG: CCC - 1 point. Game is now in state 2 (still same ruleset). OOG comments do NOT score points or affect the game directly in any way (except for when they announce a ruleset change). There are currently three possible ways to score in a post, and if you hit the max, it means you've gotten them all.]

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Oh man. I know the kitoba game is different every time but I was hoping for something along the lines of when you gave out usernames that followed a certain rule, and we had to give usernames that also followed said rule.

AS for this incarnation, I'm probably going to have to scratch my head until we have more information.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:14 pm 
[OOG Dodger77 - 1 point and 3 demerits, one of which counts double for a grand total of -3 points. Game is now in state 3, same ruleset. Please note that the states are NOT zero indexed]

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:45 am 
OH come on!

Demerits?? Seriously?

=P

(OOG: If I didn't know better I'd say you were doing because of Steave's game, but I have a feeling I know why I got demerits. Still, you could have warned us.)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:22 am 
Demerits are a possibility? Even double demerits? Well, there goes my plan to gain points with walls of text! :kzk:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:45 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
(OOG: If I didn't know better I'd say you were doing because of Steave's game, but I have a feeling I know why I got demerits. Still, you could have warned us.)

[OOG: *whistles innocently* what me, hold a grudge because of all those points you stole from me on your way to overwhelming victory in the Steave game? Never! :sasha:

Actually, the demerits hold an important clue, not so much for this round, but for hypothetical future rounds, if we ever get there.

No additional points (or demerits) so far. (Demerits are actually only issued when a point has already been scored). State 3 is probably the least likely to hit by accident.]

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 am 
How strange. I was almost certain that I would have scored a point in that last post. I guess that means I was on entirely the wrong track with regard to that one, then.

But nonetheless, I find that this just means I am forced to make another attempt at divining the required steps to extract further score from this game.

One more question, if I may - how many states are there in this game? The number of states was the major clue in Drachefly's puzzle...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:55 am 
[OOG: The number of states is INDEED the key to solving this game. :gwynn: And we are currently in the wrong state for you to have scored any points with that post. And I do hope drache joins, given how heavily indebted this version of the game is to his...]

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm 
OK, I'm glad I avoided demerits with my last post. I think using the OOG tag is what prevented it. Now all I have to do is figure out how to earn points.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm 
[OOG Given the state the game was in, you couldn't have gained points and thus neither demerits with that previous OOG. (You would have gotten both if the game had been in the previous state.)

Your last post is targeted at a different wrong state.

At the risk of engendering resentment, however, I should note for the record that this round is indeed personal.]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:04 am 
Huh, the fact that it's personal sounds like an important clue. Well, according to my newest theory, this post might well be worth a point for me...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 am 
[OOG - He shoots, he does not score...]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:35 pm 
AOL: drachefly
If you want Drachefly to post, you shall get it!

What would allow only 3 points one way or another? What would enable demerits? How would it be so endebted to my alphabet search game?

This is all very mysterious, but the main thing is, we need more data. So I post.

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness