Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:05 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
So Kajin's Great GC Revival idea spurred me to attempt something I've always wanted to do but never bothered to attempt until now.

I want to try and reconstruct The Non-Fanficcy Sluggite Story to End All Sluggite Stories.

Some of you may remember that I saved and still have a mostly complete record of that thread shortly before our big crash back in '04. So the idea is simple, I post what you posted here and then you transplant it to the new thread. I thought about doing it all in one thread, but I think that would get too complicated. I will be in charge of posting your lines here. I will also take charge in attempting to contact the people we need for each post. Some of you are still here but a lot of you have wandered off. I'm probably going to rely on PMs (here's hoping people still have their PM notifications enabled!)

I ask that any questions or comments be posted here, not the actual thread. Please only post to that thread if you are asked.

In the even that some one we're waiting on doesn't get back to me in a reasonable time, let's say a week, I will just go ahead and post their lines. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION! Alright, here we go!

EDIT: Hmm PMs are really inefficient. If any of you know how to get in contact with any of the people listed in the list of players that would be greatly appreciated. If contacting them proves difficult I think we can have people sign up for different roles. There are a lot of one offs and a couple of tangents that never got fully explored though. Hmm.

Next Post:
Kullervo wrote:
Eunuch-to-be FTM, sweating precipitously under her flowing locks, wondered why Caeser Salad always got to lead the Afternoon Chanting Session. He did not dispute Caeser's seniority, or the fact that the most senior moderator should be in charge all of the time. Still, he could not keep from privately wondering what it would be like to lead the Afternoon Chanting Session just once. In his idle moments, FTM saw himself leading the moderators in chants of "What has our Artist given us besides His Comic? Mighty Tacos and Chicken Wings." The sheer blasphemy of it all made him smile.

The Big List of Players (in order of appearance) wrote:
Page 1:
drachefly
dotwarner
captain_baka
squeakymewmew
Kullervo
Poing
Skullx
angrysunbird
Thorog the Slasher
AlternateTorg
hexnut

Page 2:
quesoLOCO27
Sorceress
Angel
RiffsTrenchcoat
Dark_Bun_Bun
Crossroads Inc.
Ipslore
Mechamancer

Page 3:
Dr_Quackzalver
Wile E
Shadowcory666
Dodger77
Gojira

Page 4:
doombringingbunny
Aluicious
Llefser

Page 7:
CCC

This may or may not be a shameless attempt to get a bunch of people to comeback and possibly get them re-hooked on Sluggy.Net... <.< >.>

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:37 am 
AOL: drachefly
I do not know what to do now. - simply post the exact contents in the new thread so as to recreate by hand what used to be, so it'll be in the new forum?

And then we can go from there, I guess?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:04 pm 
Sorry. Yes, please start a new thread with the given title and your above quote as the first post.

edit: Excellent! Thank you drachefly. Dot is up next!

dotwarner wrote:
Llef stumbled in. Martini in hand. lots of olives!

(he stumbled because he had drank the rest of the martini pitcher)

"Here, your highness, your martini. Shall we go out and join the other guests at the party now?"

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:19 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
as requested...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:44 pm 
Yay! Thanks Dot! Okay, so here's the next post:

captain_baka wrote:
Thyla snorthed at the suggestion that she leave her lair "Go to the party and consort with commoners? i think not. No, I shall sent Anae in my place.. and you must make sure she makes me look good, man-slave."

I sent captain_baka a PM shortly after starting this endeavor hoping it would give him enough lead time to see the PM, but it didn't and he hasn't. So I am considering letting someone else sign up. Let me know if you'd be interested! (I'm still going to give him some more time, I also want to try some way besides PM to get in touch with him. Unfortunately, his email is unlisted. Ah well.)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:04 pm 
Captain_Baka proved too difficult to contact so I've gone ahead and posted his contribution as a quote. It's not ideal, but I think this was the best option, short of bugging an admin for his email. Next up is Squeakymewmew!

YAY Big thanks to Squeakymewmew for her swift response! Next up is Kullervo:

Kullervo wrote:
Eunuch-to-be FTM, sweating precipitously under her flowing locks, wondered why Caeser Salad always got to lead the Afternoon Chanting Session. He did not dispute Caeser's seniority, or the fact that the most senior moderator should be in charge all of the time. Still, he could not keep from privately wondering what it would be like to lead the Afternoon Chanting Session just once. In his idle moments, FTM saw himself leading the moderators in chants of "What has our Artist given us besides His Comic? Mighty Tacos and Chicken Wings." The sheer blasphemy of it all made him smile.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:53 pm 
Looks like Kullervo is a no show as well. Anybody who wants to can go ahead and post his line. If no one does, I will do so in a few days.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 am 
I would still prefer any comments about my efforts to repost this story go in this thread and NOT the other thread. At least until I am done with it.

edit: IT'S DONE. I'd *still* like questions and comments to go here for the most part.

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness